The discovery thread!
Nov 21, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #39,814 of 100,048
Sounds like Otto Motor knows. Should put it in a spoiler.

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #39,815 of 100,048
Anyone that has a tehnz p4 pro could do me a favor and try them in balanced with better quality cable and report any differences ?

The Asian review i have read when whe where discussing this iem mentioned that these iems scales well with better quality cable. The review of audbos here also states that.

It would be very helpful. Also, any member that has dm6 and p4 pro (or audbos) i would appreciate any comparison because some members said they are on par with dm6. But soundiophile review found dm6 much better so it made me confuse.

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #39,816 of 100,048
Didn't you dislike the KC09? If so, curious as to why you bought this one.
At the start I thought it was ok but after comparing it to other iems similar priced I thought it actually has really good vocals with a big soundstage. My only problem with it was that it sounded a bit bloated at times and not very clear so I've been told the kc07 is an all around improvement with a similar signature. In my long time search for an iem with a big soundstage and neutral/forward vocals the kc09 was the closest but Iacks the technacalities and resolution compared to the secret gardens, osv3 and it01. But all of those either have vocal or soundstage problems (for me) off my phone.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #39,817 of 100,048
How long before all your 11.11 orders get to you?

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #39,818 of 100,048
Anyone that has a tehnz p4 pro could do me a favor and try them in balanced with better quality cable and report any differences ?

The Asian review i have read when whe where discussing this iem mentioned that these iems scales well with better quality cable. The review of audbos here also states that.

It would be very helpful. Also, any member that has dm6 and p4 pro (or audbos) i would appreciate any comparison because some members said they are on par with dm6. But soundiophile review found dm6 much better so it made me confuse.

the only benefit in going balanced is when your audio source is optimized more on it's balanced output (or in other words, under-optimized on it's single balanced output). so switching between SE to balanced on that particular unit/source will be heard as an improvement in sound. some examples that i remember are my ES100 and my friend's Sony ZX300..the balanced output is clearly better on that two unit. the usual audible improvements are better separation, resulting in better soundstage. on some cases (depending on the unit) the bass and treble extension might also improve

on other gear like my Bluedac, for example, switching between SE and balanced has no difference other that slight increase in volume.

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #39,820 of 100,048
Nov 21, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #39,822 of 100,048
I like slim cables, non braided, non silver. I know it's a shock in chi-fi world but it's true :)
The fiio and bgvp cables I got are totally not to my liking. Should I just order a new Westone cable or are there some cheaper options?

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #39,824 of 100,048
How long before all your 11.11 orders get to you?

Mine must have been delivered to my neighbor by accident (showed delivered at 1:26pm) but they magically appeared in my mailbox after my neighbor got home. My USPS driver makes mistakes all the time.

EP10, **** EZ D4 and I cannot believe I sprung for the the M6, had been wavering on the DMG and here I go an buy what is hopefully the nicehck version of it. I figured if the nicehck Bro is the same as the BGVP version he has a connection to BGVP. I really hope it is as good as the DMG. Not going to buy a DMG to find out.

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #39,825 of 100,048
DM6 and HQ(VIII)...
I got an update regarding the DM6, they will finish testing on the 24th. Regarding the other one, just the regular "it's a custom build bla bla, we'll ship when it's ready bla bla".

I probably already asked you to compare both as they arrive but anyway, just to make sure. Please do it for us if you can :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back