The discovery thread!
Oct 5, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #38,176 of 100,063
Hmm, maybe something bad happened to them that caused all these canceled orders.. Life happens, and I do understand this. I just wish they would have replied to my 1 and only short question.. I would have extended and/or even re-ordered.. But perhaps they just got caught up in a situation where things became very overwhelming.. Anyway, no more complaints about HotFi from me.

Wow! This is one of the better impression/comparisons I've read.. You should write reviews, you are good at this. I mean I know it is based on only 30 minutes of listening to the T4 and 20 on the T2 (days ago), but still; this is a very thorough and detailed response.
Thank you very much for this. It really means a lot to me. :)

You have definitely revived my excitement for the T4.
I wanted a more clinical, faster, cleaner, (all BA) upgrade to the T2, and the T4 sounds like it's perfect for this job.
I believe @thejoker13 had similar words about the TinAudio T2 compared to the ToneKing T4...
Again, thanks for your very well explained comparison. :)
thank you for the compliments =))
i was listening to T4 while writing and remembering the first impression of T2.. and not golden ears here precisely: remember to carry the bag of salt.
anyway, yours is in transit, so there was no risk of making a wrong suggestion; it has only contributed to make you salivate.. :wink:
yep, you are right, @thejoker13 gave us the clues of t4, and find his comments very accurate. thanks, mate!
forgot to mention the gear used: rockboxed ibasso dx90, low gain, new toy 7n occ thick copper cable, kz grey (old) starlines, which provide better sealing than the new black version (softer) but irritate my ears after a couple of hours.
noticed strange clicks when pushing the left driver inside my ear (narrower canal than right's), like driver flex, if this was possible in a full closed shell without dynamic drivers.
and crackling when playing high compressed tracks (had to skip them), but also some other tracks. it's the first time i hear crackling with tracks of "1000 airplanes on the roof" by Philip Glass; ripped it myself using minimal compression, and don't think that Glass makes bad recordings, so worried a bit. will listen to t4 during next days.

Oct 5, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #38,177 of 100,063
I saw your review on the DM6 and that made me seriously consider them...then I saw that they offered them in a beautiful looking transparent dark red and I pulled the trigger. So if you ever had a doubt...yeah, you’re selling units. :).
same here.. but i have the feeling we are going to feel very grateful to @Hawaiibadboy for this.
first added light purple one, but ended purchasing clear, probably influenced by his video

Oct 5, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #38,178 of 100,063
I am hoping to try out the DM6 soon, debating whether to purchase it or not. Have the DMG now and it's fantastic. Trying to figure out to write a review without hyping it up too much :)

Biggest flaws for it are the filters. Not super useful as they are all very subtle, and they get loose quickly. Otherwise, fantastic IEM for the price. Beats some of the IEMs I've owned that cost much more.

Oct 6, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #38,179 of 100,063
I am hoping to try out the DM6 soon, debating whether to purchase it or not. Have the DMG now and it's fantastic. Trying to figure out to write a review without hyping it up too much :)

Biggest flaws for it are the filters. Not super useful as they are all very subtle, and they get loose quickly. Otherwise, fantastic IEM for the price. Beats some of the IEMs I've owned that cost much more.
witch filters do you recommend? I was thinking in getting the DMG myself.

Oct 6, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #38,180 of 100,063
witch filters do you recommend? I was thinking in getting the DMG myself.

I use the normal filter. Here's my MiniDSP EARS measurements if this helps:

BGVP DMG - Filter FR.jpg

Please note the graph Y Axis. I have zoomed it in significantly more than more FR curves so you can see the difference in filters. Each line is 2dB

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #38,184 of 100,063
Would anyone happen to know where I can get the BVGP DM6's quickly? I'm leaving the USA on Oct 17th and want to get them before I leave.
Your best bet would probably be Penon Audio.

Oct 6, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #38,185 of 100,063
Oct 6, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #38,186 of 100,063
P4 pro is very balanced nd the set I have does not react to bass eq input very well. It is a good set but has limited flexibility in bass and slight forward male vocals

The Dm6 sound neutral until the bass part of the track comes in and slams. DM6 hits harder than DMG and that makes little sense because...BA v.s D.D. but it does.

What better option? I have an open wallet and am looking and taking suggests and not finding a better option

HBB- did you get the Advanced D3 Superbass yet? properly amped it is a MONSTER iem, in a good way. looking forward to your
impressions of it!!! not so much detail as the DMG, but club like sound, great tonality, and bass rivaling the old Aurisonics......keeps getting
better the more it is burned in also.......Some reports on head-fi that their more expensive multidriver iems are also really really good.

Oct 6, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #38,187 of 100,063
HBB- did you get the Advanced D3 Superbass yet? properly amped it is a MONSTER iem, in a good way. looking forward to your
impressions of it!!! not so much detail as the DMG, but club like sound, great tonality, and bass rivaling the old Aurisonics......keeps getting
better the more it is burned in also.......Some reports on head-fi that their more expensive multidriver iems are also really really good.
I havent seen anything about their M5 series besides my impressions of the M5-1D which is a single Beryllium driver

Oct 6, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #38,189 of 100,063
Thanks for correcting me, i was referring to the M5-1D, which is a single Beryllium driver.
Their M5-5D with 4 BAs added should be very nice. Adv is at RMAF so hopefully some impressions will be appear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back