The discovery thread!
Jun 22, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #36,826 of 100,413
Jun 23, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #36,829 of 100,413
Any one tried this cable from Penon?

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #36,830 of 100,413
Has anyone tried or ordered the NICEHCK HK8 8BA yet? The design is ridiculous, they were like "we need a new design for our successor of the HK6" .. "Why not go full barbie?" .. "Excellent Bob, let's do it that way". Still, would be very interesting to hear some impressions. I'm not mad about the design. :D :D

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #36,832 of 100,413
It would have been better with a solid purple. RIP prince. Sparkles on the faceplate. Wow. This is not phasing the international market however. They have already pre sold a whole bunch of em. Probably mostly HK6 owners.

Yeah. I've ordered the T12 with 12 BAs from Hisenior already, but it's still so tempting to try them, just for the crazy design alone LOL.

Jun 23, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #36,833 of 100,413
Jim told me it has more resolution over the HK6. Hopefully more refinements. I am waiting on the DT300 pros but will consider possibly trying out the HK8. Currently working on the DZ12 review. Eagerly anticipating the IT04. By the time Ibasso releases them there should be a HK9 and maybe a HK10. Lol.

In the mean while enjoying the now discontinued and defunct Hunters.

Jun 23, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #36,834 of 100,413
Jim told me it has more resolution over the HK6. Hopefully more refinements. I am waiting on the DT300 pros but will consider possibly trying out the HK8. Currently working on the DZ12 review. Eagerly anticipating the IT04. By the time Ibasso releases them there should be a HK9 and maybe a HK10. Lol.

In the mean while enjoying the now discontinued and defunct Hunters.

Some brief thoughts on the Hunter's sound, Ds, please?

Jun 23, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #36,836 of 100,413
Some brief thoughts on the Hunter's sound, Ds, please?

I am using them with my 2 Pin SPC balanced cable on my M3s. I haven't tried any of the other nozzles yet. If I remember from the Masters the stock nozzle represents their fun signature which I am ok with. Meaning more bass with slightly less treble emphasis. I remember even on my Masters, I left the stock red nozzles on there as I tried the other ones and there was just too much treble emphasis for my liking. I am using one of my Spiral Dots for tips on them and haven't tried any of the stock ones.

I am gonna have to try n find the reader about which color does what for the sound but as I hear them. The Hunters have the best bass end of the bunch out of the other Trinity earphones I used to own, and it seems to me these are like a more refined Masters. Sound signature is very similar. I would say a bit less V shaped vs them. I sold them off a while ago so I am going off of memory. The Hunters as I hear them. They do have a good bit of resolution, imaging is good and balancing does not seem to be too much bass focused. I do notice the bass seems to be stronger in emphasis vs the mids and treble end but not overly done. There should be a nozzle that brings up the treble and lessens the bass end a touch for a more balanced sound signature. Gunmetal I believe.

Considering the Hunters housing is smallish for supposedly housing 5 drivers. They have a fairly deep sound with a medium wide stage. Fairly spacious sounding with good attack. The bass end reminds me of my DM5 a bit in that it reaches deep and has equal parts mid to lower bass. Mids don't seem to be clouded by the bass emphasis. I like the ergonomics of the housing as they are very comfy and compact but somehow I have a feeling if they used a slightly bigger housing it would have made the sound even more spacious than it is.

These are supposed to be Trinity flagships. They show flashes of a higher end sound but not exactly there. As they are they aren't bad. In fact it was a nice surprise to get them in the mail after 2 years but better late than never. I bet the IMR R1 is this signature but with a larger sound. Just a guess.

Jun 23, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #36,838 of 100,413
I would wait for the IT04 and maybe that new Fiio earphone FH5.

Everyone is waiting for the IT04. Crazy now long they are taking on them. But I read it is due to difficulties in manufacturing them. Could be worth the wait. I hope. FH5 should be out very soon as well.

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #36,839 of 100,413
Coincidentally, I got the KR06-6 today...
Yes, same here today...
@manukmanohar Hi bro can you comment on the soundstage vocals and instrument accuracy...
First listen: balanced FR, detailed, fuzzy instrument separation, average clarity... throw away cable.

1clearhead got me on this with "...crystal clear MID's...", and "...with excellent soundstage..." while grading it higher than K3 which is, in my opinion, quite good at that. After first few hours I can not see any of those three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back