The discovery thread!
Sep 23, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #30,541 of 100,551
The size and price are definitely appealing, awaiting your impressions.

Sep 23, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #30,542 of 100,551
cool.gif
On a side note, even though they are a little Bright for my personal Tastes, The BETTE 10mm Continue to destroy every earphone I run across. BUT I have three more new 'phones on the way. Sooner or later I'm gonna like something better.

KZ has out a New Twin Driver UNAMPED. ZS1

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #30,543 of 100,551
I have both the Aliexpress and eBay CKR9LTD. Both of them look great, feel premium (both have minor paint blemishes, and sound okay, but they can't be anywhere near the level of the genuine products. Is there anyone who has a genuine model they can send so I can show the difference between genuine and fake?

I'd be willing to pay for shipping both ways and even compensate as well with an extra pair of budget IEMs from my collection when I return them.

I think the community needs to know the difference to protect the genuine product and inform the community. Not only that, I really want to hear the genuine ckr9ltd for myself :)

Anyone who can help with this please PM me.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #30,546 of 100,551
Sorry Vince,

All I have are the CKR9's and they are 100% GENUINE.  I am content without buying the LTD's cause the the biggest difference between the two are the angle of the nozzles.  From what I read, you will hear more of a difference between the CKR9 and the CKR10 than the CKR9 and the CKR9LTD.  Again this is from what I've read, and I personally believe it.   
I ♥ my CKR9's.

Cheers
Charlie

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #30,547 of 100,551
^ Beside from the nozzle, the CKR9LTD actually use CKR10 driver (aka iron yoke), but use aluminum housing like CKR9 instead of Titanium like CKR10, but CKR9LTD housing is shaped like CKR10 instead of CKR9.

But just like you said, the sound of CKR9LTD is much closer to the CKR9 than CKR10, due to both using aluminum housing which gives them similar thin and airy tonality, but for CKR9LTD the different housing shape and iron yoke driver create a slight difference to CKR9, the LTD sounds a touch smoother in the high mids/highs and a touch fuller in the low freq, overall a touch less thin sounding than CKR9. Imo the CKR9LTD's are the most balanced out of the 3 CKR's. But no real need to get the LTD if you have the CKR9 already, the difference is minor enough that a good dap pairing is more important.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #30,548 of 100,551
The Aliexpress ones have terrible amounts of driver flex. I can't turn my head without hearing popping from the drivers.

Aside from the driver flex they are identical in both sound and build.

Bass and treble is lacking in resolution as compared to other models like the Macaw GT100s, Soundmagic e80,and all the other more popular mid-fi products out there.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #30,549 of 100,551
^ Beside from the nozzle, the CKR9LTD actually use CKR10 driver (aka iron yoke), but use aluminum housing like CKR9 instead of Titanium like CKR10, but CKR9LTD housing is shaped like CKR10 instead of CKR9.

But just like you said, the sound of CKR9LTD is much closer to the CKR9 than CKR10, due to both using aluminum housing which gives them similar thin and airy tonality, but for CKR9LTD the different housing shape and iron yoke driver create a slight difference to CKR9, the LTD sounds a touch smoother in the high mids/highs and a touch fuller in the low freq, overall a touch less thin sounding than CKR9. Imo the CKR9LTD's are the most balanced out of the 3 CKR's. But no real need to get the LTD if you have the CKR9 already, the difference is minor enough that a good dap pairing is more important.

^This! Mirrors my experience exactly:)

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #30,550 of 100,551
The Aliexpress ones have terrible amounts of driver flex. I can't turn my head without hearing popping from the drivers.

Bass and treble is lacking in resolution as compared to other models like the Macaw GT100s, Soundmagic e80,and all the other more popular mid-fi products out there.

My aliexpress pair had no driver flex whatsoever. Also the SQ did change after about 75+ hrs of burnin. But now, we can atleast safely say that both ebay and ali LTD's are the same.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #30,551 of 100,551

Yeah the timbre is off by a lot compared to E80. Upper mid-focused, but actually has good amount of details if you listen closely. It's enjoyable with some songs and perfectly fine once you acclimate with the timbre though imo.

I don't think my aliexpress one had drive flex though, unit variations I guess.

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #30,552 of 100,551

I just brought out the E80's again to do an a/b with my Ltd's. Iirc I did the same in my e80 review and concluded that the E80's could very well have been the smaller brother to the top CKR offerings. I still feel the same, they share some similarities but the Ltd's are definitely on a different level. Although bass reaches almost as low on the E80's the Ltd's has more impact and also more mid-bass giving them a much better layering in the bass. The E80's are more calm while the Ltd's are more in your face. Clarity, details and treble extension are noticeable better on the Ltd's.

To me the Ltd's are clearly a step up from the E80's although they're also one of my favorites.

Edit: was listening through the SHOZY Lancea :wink:

Sep 23, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #30,553 of 100,551

Are you sure it is driver flex?

If you hear it when you move your head i believe you are hearing microphonic from the cable

Sep 23, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #30,555 of 100,551
Are you sure it is driver flex?

If you hear it when you move your head i believe you are hearing microphonic from the cable
I held the cable away from my head and body to confirm it didn't have anything to do with the cable. It's a clicking and popping that is definitely coming from both drivers.
I'm still waiting on my aliexpress CKR9LTDs... They're taking terribly long to come here. But once it arrives I'll have a original vs 'fake' comparison ready, so hang on tight!
I'm really looking forward to the comparisons.

These are solid sounding earphones, I just doubt they sound identical to genuine CKR9LTD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back