The discovery thread!
Mar 4, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #28,786 of 101,296

@encoreAC
 Yep, they only come out at night and at home lol!
x158XBAH3-o_lifestyle2.jpg

I think, I will wait when I get over 40 for these. I am planning to not give any fuucks at that point of life, buuut right now......, just no. :cool:  

1st, nice review
2nd, really nice, at my age, to really not have to give any fuucks about the headphones I wear, really liberating in many ways

now, for the discovery you are all waiting for...had to get refitted for ciems, went into Manhattan today. Right ear went well, left had to do twice (and this is a repeat session, had a previous one 3 months ago, but didn't get a good fit). So, since I needed to redo the left ear, I got to take home and discover.....(drum roll please)
MY LEFT EAR CANAL!!!!!
and, here it is:

(isn't it beautiful?) :)

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #28,787 of 101,296
  @encoreAC Yep, they only come out at night and at home lol!
x158XBAH3-o_lifestyle2.jpg

I used the Z5 out and about today. I used to be really self conscious about these things but lately it stopped bothering me. It honesty doesn't look all that bad. The Nad viso HP50 on the other hand would be one that I am self conscious to wear. IMO the XBA line looks premium and as my gf put it, professional. I expected her to be like wow that looks goofy, instead she was like that looks really professional! I will take whatever I can get :p 

1st, nice review
2nd, really nice, at my age, to really not have to give any fuucks about the headphones I wear, really liberating in many ways

now, for the discovery you are all waiting for...had to get refitted for ciems, went into Manhattan today. Right ear went well, left had to do twice (and this is a repeat session, had a previous one 3 months ago, but didn't get a good fit). So, since I needed to redo the left ear, I got to take home and discover.....(drum roll please)
MY LEFT EAR CANAL!!!!!
and, here it is:

(isn't it beautiful?)
smily_headphones1.gif

It is liberating for me too (even though I am in my mid 20s), am too busy jamming along to notice :p. If anyone states I do this thing where I stare back at them with unwavering eye contact to assert my dominance :p and they always look away quickly. Alpha as fuuuuuck. lol

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #28,788 of 101,296
I like how the Z5 looks when I wear them and more importantly they are amazing in the sound department which trumps all...

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #28,789 of 101,296
I like how the Z5 looks when I wear them and more importantly they are amazing in the sound department which trumps all...

It sounds and looks great :)

Edit: Just as I start to really love the Z5 and finally get used to having it in my ears without feeling pain, i get channel imbalance WTFBBQ!! damn lol  Here is to hoping sony customer service doesn't shaft me 

Edit 2: I was having a rough time trying to get used to the Z5, but I am glad I stuck through it. I was ready to return or sell it on several occasions but it has really grown on me. It just disappears when I put it on and I forget that I am wearing iems. I am looking forward to getting the most out of these by getting my first amp and possibly first set of custom silicone tips :)

I watched several hours of netflix with my Z5 (criminal minds if anyone is curious) and I can say that these are some next level schiit when it comes to watching videos. Seriously. I have a feeling it will continue to grow on me. Makes me more interested in the other sony favourites like the EX1000 and 7550 :)

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #28,790 of 101,296
Having owned all 3 in order of preference I would go Z5, 7550, EX1000. I just found the EX1000 to bright and harsh for my ears very V shaped. The 7550 is the most neutral of the 3 with a bit rolled off treble and not as deep and heavy a bass.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #28,791 of 101,296
Having owned all 3 in order of preference I would go Z5, 7550, EX1000. I just found the EX1000 to bright and harsh for my ears very V shaped. The 7550 is the most neutral of the 3 with a bit rolled off treble and not as deep and heavy a bass.

So it would be redundant to own the Ex1000 or 7550 whilst owning the Z5 I am assuming? I was hoping they would still hold their own consideriing how much love the EX1000s still receive to this day.

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #28,792 of 101,296
If you love the EX1000 sound they are better than the Z5 because of their brighter treble. But if your think the Z5 has all the treble you want then the EX1000 would likely be to bright and harsh.

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #28,793 of 101,296
If you love the EX1000 sound they are better than the Z5 because of their brighter treble. But if your think the Z5 has all the treble you want then the EX1000 would likely be to bright and harsh.

Ohh okay I see what you mean. also, i burned in my Z5 some, my first time burning in any earphones basically and I actually heard a difference. There were days I wouldn't touch it all day just left it burning. Its not as bassy anymore, and is quite enjoyable. I expected to hear no change, but I was pleasantly surprised to hear positive changes :) 

Absolutely gem of an IEM. can't believe I even own this bad boy :)

Mar 5, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #28,795 of 101,296
  Sooo... everything sounds smoother and warmer on the Duoza, the Ostry KC06A have more clarity/tranparency and a deeper punch on the drums. I feel I have to turn the volume much louder on the Duoza to match the clarity on the KC06A. I think that's because the KC06A have a much more pronounced treble. 

Trumpets and Sax sound thicker/more lush on the Duoza, while the KC06A sounds more crisp/ have more energy in the upper-mid/treble. 
Sound-stage is as described in my earlier post, Duoza more distant and restrained, while the KC06A is a upfront/ in your face type of phone. But both is suitable for this song I feel like.

Honestly it sounds great on both.I need to turn the volume pretty loud on the Duoza though in order for it to match the KC06A in enjoyment level.

Thanks!!

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #28,796 of 101,296
I just can't believe everyone isn't "oohing" and "ahhing" over my ear canals, kinda bummed out :D

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #28,797 of 101,296
I just can't believe everyone isn't "oohing" and "ahhing" over my ear canals, kinda bummed out
biggrin.gif

Lol! Well, I sat there in awe, stunned and speechless at the sight of them, so at least they had an impact on me!

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #28,798 of 101,296
Well, Doc, what can I say, .....but I thought my ear molds were ugly,  well until I saw yours 
beerchug.gif
, now mine don't look so bad, lol. Kinda a underdeveloped cochlea you have there my Friend 
wink_face.gif

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #28,800 of 101,296
:frowning2:
Well, Doc, what can I say, .....but I thought my ear molds were ugly,  well until I saw yours :beerchug: , now mine don't look so bad, lol. Kinda a underdeveloped cochlea you have there my Friend :wink_face: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back