The discovery thread!
Mar 5, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #28,801 of 103,279
Mar 5, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #28,802 of 103,279
^Just in a bad mood, 18 inches of new snow last night, will this winter ever end:cry:!!! Doc, your cochlea is actually impressive:flushed:.......

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #28,803 of 103,279

I just can't believe everyone isn't "oohing" and "ahhing" over my ear canals, kinda bummed out
biggrin.gif

Lol! Well, I sat there in awe, stunned and speechless at the sight of them, so at least they had an impact on me!

That's more like it!!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

your ear canal is very beautiful :kissing_heart:

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #28,805 of 103,279
^Just in a bad mood, 18 inches of new snow last night, will this winter ever end:cry:!!! Doc, your cochlea is actually impressive:flushed:.......

We're just dealing with a measly 10 inches in New York/New Jersey, getting ready to leave the office and grab that shovel once again, whoopee!!!

I just can't believe everyone isn't "oohing" and "ahhing" over my ear canals, kinda bummed out :D

Lol! Well, I sat there in awe, stunned and speechless at the sight of them, so at least they had an impact on me!

That's more like it!!!! :)

your ear canal is very beautiful :kissing_heart:

Finally, someone with good taste

That's more like it!!!! :)

They look very edible...Haha

And someone (me) who tastes GOOD!!! :)

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #28,806 of 103,279
1st, nice review
2nd, really nice, at my age, to really not have to give any fuucks about the headphones I wear, really liberating in many ways

now, for the discovery you are all waiting for...had to get refitted for ciems, went into Manhattan today. Right ear went well, left had to do twice (and this is a repeat session, had a previous one 3 months ago, but didn't get a good fit). So, since I needed to redo the left ear, I got to take home and discover.....(drum roll please)
MY LEFT EAR CANAL!!!!!
and, here it is:

(isn't it beautiful?) 
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
I just can't believe everyone isn't "oohing" and "ahhing" over my ear canals, kinda bummed out
biggrin.gif

One lone tear dripped down my face, while I was completely awe-struck by the sheer magnificence of this wonderful piece of art. 
But I at the same time I understood that no words of simple-minded ones like me, could ever accurately express the deep joy and vibrant sensation my heart felt, when I first encountered this fine piece of cultural treasure.

Soo in the end I decided to quietly show my approval by pressing the reputation button while sorrowfully acknowledging my own ineptness.

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #28,807 of 103,279
Ahhh, what a lovely picture, the single tear, warns the cockles of my soul! Someone who appreciates true beauty! I'm speechless (OK, stop the cheers out there!) You have truly connected to the existential abyss we all slog through, and try desperately to mitigate with one perfect moment with our in-ear drivers and beautiful music.

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #28,808 of 103,279
:grin:

Mar 6, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #28,809 of 103,279
Ahhh, what a lovely picture, the single tear, warns the cockles of my soul! Someone who appreciates true beauty! I'm speechless (OK, stop the cheers out there!) You have truly connected to the existential abyss we all slog through, and try desperately to mitigate with one perfect moment with our in-ear drivers and beautiful music.

That I am able to find a companion, who is capable to create and appreciate such beauty to such extend, in this time and age! It really fills my heart with sublime rejoice! May god bless your soul! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #28,811 of 103,279

this may be a head-fi first, posting actual pictures of your hearing orifices!
BRAVO!  But lets stop here......

Mar 6, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #28,812 of 103,279
May god bless your soul! :beerchug:

Forget about his soul, it's his left ear canal that needs all the blessings it can get...

:ear::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::ear::thumbsup:

Truly my left ear canal needs some blessing, had 3 molds already, hopefully they got it this time, but time will tell (and UPS, whenever they arrive). More later (btw, the acs Encores these posed for are really beautiful sounding, at least the universal version I tried out at acs, not best of situations, using my HTC phone playing TIDAL. Still felt bass could be a bit better, but the detail, openness, soundstage were incredible).
OK, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Mar 6, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #28,814 of 103,279
Cool looking cans...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back