The discovery thread!
Aug 13, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #25,772 of 106,628
But you think that t1 is better than t1-e?

Me? My personal preference 'thinks' T1 suits better for me than T1-E since I like bright headphone more than many bassy, warm and laidback pairs.

I don't get it, the sub bass is the best thing about the t1e for me.

Oh if that is, you'll find the sub bass in T1 even more amazing.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #25,773 of 106,628
Me? My personal preference 'thinks' T1 suits better for me than T1-E since I like bright headphone more than many bassy, warm and laidback pairs.
The specs, the description straight from the company States that the t1e has more extended bass than the first model. I don't think what you are hearing is consistent with their models designs.

Experiment with tips and see if that opinion or impression changes.

I'm not questioning your impressions based on what you're hearing, rather trying to rule out the variables that are causing you to come to this conclusion.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #25,774 of 106,628
The specs, the description straight from the company States that the t1e has more extended bass than the first model. I don't think what you are hearing is consistent with their models designs.

Experiment with tips and see if that opinion or impression changes.

I'm not questioning your impressions based on what you're hearing, rather trying to rule out the variables that are causing you to come to this conclusion.

I can say you're yet another victim of "company statement". TTPOD revamped the 2-month-old T1 since the feedback are not as good as expected. People need musical feeling (not sure if I'm using the right words) rather than dry, over-detailed sound of the T1. Thus the T1E rolled out.

And by the way, I carefully stated that the above conclusion was based on 'my personal preference'. I like how the T1 cares about low bass, sacrificing some mid bass for detailed mids and highs. The other's feeling about those pairs may vary, and it's my job to spill out MY OWN opinion, not others :wink:

Peace.

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #25,780 of 106,628
Going away on(much needed) vacation Friday night, big decision, which headphones to take! Portable or iem(or both). Which music player. Ahhh, decisions, decisions...

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #25,781 of 106,628
Going away on(much needed) vacation Friday night, big decision, which headphones to take! Portable or iem(or both). Which music player. Ahhh, decisions, decisions...

take an autogenics cd, laptop and inter dimensional headphones or galactic oems, , both if possible.  dx90 and 
superears, and rent a trailer to take all of your gear so you won't be without..ha!
and have a great much deserved vacation!

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #25,782 of 106,628

Havi is very neutral and needs a good burn -in, but I hear potential. It does takes a lot of juice, however, to drive it properly. The DJE-1500, unfortunately, is giving me the same problems it gave DannyBai: fit issues. From what I could gather from my short listening session is that it is very bassy (definitely a dj earphone) with a wide soundstage. Compared to other things IEMs I've heard in that price range, I wasn't impressed with it out of the box. I'm sure fit issues have a lot to do with me being underwhelmed. It's already in the box to be shipped back. 

I love the CKR9, and now I finally have a CKR10 on the way. Hopefully I'll see/hear that tomorrow. The Havi has my interest at the moment. Happy listening.

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #25,783 of 106,628
  Havi is very neutral and needs a good burn -in, but I hear potential. It does takes a lot of juice, however, to drive it properly. The DJE-1500, unfortunately, is giving me the same problems it gave DannyBai: fit issues. From what I could gather from my short listening session is that it is very bassy (definitely a dj earphone) with a wide soundstage. Compared to other things IEMs I've heard in that price range, I wasn't impressed with it out of the box. I'm sure fit issues have a lot to do with me being underwhelmed. It's already in the box to be shipped back. 

I love the CKR9, and now I finally have a CKR10 on the way. Hopefully I'll see/hear that tomorrow. The Havi has my interest at the moment. Happy listening.

Yes, Havi B3 Pro I are amazing.  Very neutral and on a borderline of analytical level without being too bright/thin/peaky.  They are slightly warmer and have a bit more bass quantity than my HP150 (similar to HP100), just not as airy sound as those Soundmagic cans.  It's also interesting how they separated 4 wires in a ribbon cable fashion instead of a typical twist/braided.  You do need a good amping to get the best out of these, though they sound excellent from LO of X5 with E11k in low gain (don't need too much power).

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #25,784 of 106,628
Wow two people with fit issues with the DJE1500! Did you use the default tips only Eric? I personally had to use different tips.

This IEM sounds much heavier out of the box, the bass does settle down with use while the rest of the signature blossoms. Were you able to give the IEM any burn in time? With UE tips I find the signature to be bassy but with very good mids and treble and as mentioned a massive sound stage.

Between you and Danny how do you compare this to the Sony XBA-H3? Personally I found that IEM to be even bassier with much less dynamics and a more neutral to recessed midrange.

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #25,785 of 106,628
I tried alll my tips with the DJE1500's.  I found the UE tips to work best.

Compared to the H3, I found the bass of the Pioneers to have more impact, harder driving ability but I preferred the more laid back treble of the Sony and smoother midrange also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back