The discovery thread!
Mar 13, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #23,117 of 100,705
Hey guys, back from the dead, I decided i'm just going to do a full review of the TEACs when I get back to Canadia next week, and I 'm pushing back the review on the AKG's as well, decided Imma need more time

Mar 13, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #23,118 of 100,705
Fx850 is better the te-05 if you can get them:heart_eyes:

FX850 is what I'm leaning towards with DUNU1ks being right behind due to the reasonable price.

Let me make your decision even harder!

Ath-im02. >:-D

I trust ATH due to my enjoyment with the IM50s. Will check these out as well. Can't find too much info on the Doppios though. Must dig more....

Mar 13, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #23,119 of 100,705
You know for the longest, my special $200 mark earphone was the M200 (beating everything else up to that price point in my opnion).Well now, I have to put the TE-05 in a virtual tie. Please don't ask me to compare because they don't sound alike at all (M200 is warmer), But they're both are great, clear, and detailed. The M200 will have more bass, but the TE-05 is not bass shy by a long shot. It has plenty of bass (sub bass too). I will say TE-05 is more of your reference earphone though.

I don't include the Heaven V because technically it's more than $200 (although you can find for about on sale Amazon Japan nowadays). But the FX850 is on another level, and I really hate comparing earphones nowadays. I just rather say if I like it or not and describe the signatures as best as I can. Yes, I have made comparisons recently, but I'm really trying to get away from that. 

So do you now rate the TE-05 above the Doppio and IM70 or are you sticking to 'they are too different to say and are as good as each other'? I had to cancel my IM70 order due to Accessory Jack having no stock.

Mar 13, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #23,121 of 100,705
Just got the IM70's today, haven't even opened them yet...Ordered them from Accessory Jack about 2 months ago or so, had given up, emailed him to find out what was up, suddenly they are here (he did offer me the option to cancel 2 days ago, though I don't see how that would have worked, the package from China must have gone out a while ago, probably would have had to return them). Throw them on the pile awaiting a kazillion hour break in (JVC's now at about half a kazillion! Sony H3 on deck). In the meantime, new preamp, and I have rediscovered SPEAKERS!!! These things are kinda cool (would look really geeky walking around outside with these over my head...even worse than the AT A900x :p). Doppio seem appealing, ASG as well,maybe Cardas, but think I'll take a break for a bit, let things settle...

Pono is available for preorder on Kickstarter, though not dirt cheap, the initial offering, $200 off the offering price of $399, was limited to 100 units and they went fast. The current deal for backers is $99 off, OK but not such a major bargain. For $499 list there are Artist versions, with engraved signatures of various artists, $99 less for backers (but the Neil Young version sold out, have other artists, bout a dozen, who might interest many fans). Not sure this is worth the extra $100...on the other hand, maybe they'll become collectable, have some value in that way. Who Knows?
It's pre-order,though, shipping said to be October (and remember the predictions for shipping on the Geeks). The main appeal of these is that some of the design is by Ayre, a high end audio company known for fabulous sounding kit.

OK, gonna blast my stereo (until my family makes me stop, that is...)

Mar 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #23,122 of 100,705
So do you now rate the TE-05 above the Doppio and IM70 or are you sticking to 'they are too different to say and are as good as each other'? I had to cancel my IM70 order due to Accessory Jack having no stock.

Okay, clarity and detail wise, yes to your question, but the other two are great too in those areas.

Mar 13, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #23,124 of 100,705
I'm sure I told you before Doppio for isolation. Okay, back to listening to 850.

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #23,127 of 100,705
Oh, you like that FX850, mochill? Don't think I've seen you mention it before. 
deadhorse.gif

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #23,129 of 100,705
  You know for the longest, my special $200 mark earphone was the M200 (beating everything else up to that price point in my opnion).Well now, I have to put the TE-05 in a virtual tie. Please don't ask me to compare because they don't sound alike at all (M200 is warmer), But they're both are great, clear, and detailed. The M200 will have more bass, but the TE-05 is not bass shy by a long shot. It has plenty of bass (sub bass too). I will say TE-05 is more of your reference earphone though.

I don't include the Heaven V because technically it's more than $200 (although you can find for about on sale Amazon Japan nowadays). But the FX850 is on another level, and I really hate comparing earphones nowadays. I just rather say if I like it or not and describe the signatures as best as I can. Yes, I have made comparisons recently, but I'm really trying to get away from that. 

I need to have a listen to the TE-05. I think you might like the Havi Pro 1 the same way, with the same reference expectations, but with less bass.

Mar 14, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #23,130 of 100,705

What tips do you use with M200?  I'm using stock medium and find the the bass quantity too high and also bleeding into lower mids, so I'm not finding them as detailed nor clear as the Fidelio S2 and Zero Audio Tenore.  24 hour burn-in so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back