The discovery thread!
Feb 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #22,501 of 100,527
Just sold my SM64!

Do I see an H3 in my foreseeable future?!? 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #22,507 of 100,527

H3s are a solid choice. Can't get enough of my H3s.

Do they benefit from amping? I use an LOD cable from my walkman to the E12...

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #22,509 of 100,527
  What if I said that everyone who has the Piston who didn't buy from Xiaomi directly (or Penon Audio it seems), does not have the official Piston?

The chocolate smell is greater
The box internals are a raised S, M and L instead of music notes.
L and R are marked on the strain reliefs
..and last but not least, the Xiaomi one is louder, with treble that extends further.

The ibuygou one does sound really, really close, but warmer overall, even after I modded them. They may be an authorized version or so, but I think the Xiaomi one is a little better already. This is without burn in or modding, while the ibuygou one has had 60+ hours.

I thinks we got trolled, even though the ibuygou one sounds great. At $27 (5 day shipping + taobao), these are an even better value now.

I bought my Piston II directly from Xiaomi PRC website and it has internal raised S, M and L characters in the box.

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #22,510 of 100,527

Do they benefit from amping? I use an LOD cable from my walkman to the E12...

More power the more they will show you how good they are.. They sound solid from a simple DAP but with some juice they will sing for you.. Out of my ICON, NFB-5 or 2step the sound goes good to amazing. 

I do recommend a solid amount of burn in for them however..

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #22,511 of 100,527
But I'm loving what I'm hearing from the teac:heart_eyes:

+
I'm using stock tips on them by the way :grin:...very airy and seals amazingly :grin:

^ Yeppp those stock tips might be stupid funky lookin' but they really give these TEACs dat great balanced detailed sound which makes them truly shine. Tip rolled some foams i had around but it just wasn't the same. Stock is best for these TEACs for me.

Oh damn skippy those stock tips isolates and seals sooooo damn well, you should wear them out and about, you'll truly be lost in your tunes. Vocals/ pop music sounds AMAZING but rap/hip hop is just good, but tends to be less consistent due to not mastered properly.

These TEACs are damn revealing as well, cuz it makes well mastered tracks "pop" like no ones business while average/ poorly mastered stuff will kinda sound meh, a bit dull in comparison.

Glad you're enjoying them Chill, these are what i had expected those Pistons to sound like tbh. LMAO
rolleyes.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #22,512 of 100,527

More power the more they will show you how good they are.. They sound solid from a simple DAP but with some juice they will sing for you.. Out of my ICON, NFB-5 or 2step the sound goes good to amazing. 

I do recommend a solid amount of burn in for them however..

How long until they start mimicking the 1540? I hope the H3 doesn't have more bass than so... because the 1540 is probably my limit when it comes to bass impact.

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #22,513 of 100,527

How long until they start mimicking the 1540? I hope the H3 doesn't have more bass than so... because the 1540 is probably my limit when it comes to bass impact.

Nope not as much..They are boomy on open listen..Burn in helps with this and so does the tape mode if you really want to tame the bass but I personally love the bass end of the H3. Sub bass is some of the best quality I have heard on any earphone.. Impact is full on but not overbearing imo. It makes for excellent phones for out and about. Kinda big yes but nothing wrong with having iems stick out of your melon.. Shows some pride and what your about with them Sony logos sticking out. Very enjoyable iems. One of my favorites by far. Give them some time on the burner and they should ship up nicely for you..

That imagery your used to on the SRH1540. The H3 also has a very nice 3D sound to them.. That is what makes them a blast to listen to.

Update on the FX850. It passed fairly quick through LA customs.. Should have them by this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back