The discovery thread!
Jan 24, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #20,296 of 100,285
On that note... how do the Tenore compare with the IM70 (if anyone owns them both)? I'm looking more at the mid & treble comparison as I know the IM70's bass is probably better just from reviews.

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #20,297 of 100,285
  Yeah, probably listen to DannyBai LOL

Lot of hyperbole being thrown around this thread, Danny seems like one of the more grounded and experienced users that frequents here

X2  
beerchug.gif

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #20,298 of 100,285
Anyone in here likes classic Gospel music like I do?

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #20,300 of 100,285
The Edwin Hawkins singers in that video sound awesome!!! I just recieved my re700s, and I never heard how natural and sweet their vocals sounded until I wore these. I love gospel music, but unfortunately, I never heard of the classics.

I heard modern gospel music of jesus, but mostly rock ones. This one, however, is even better than that rock song I heard. I'll get it up in a min...

Thanks eric, this happy day just got better with that song. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Pics of the re700 will soon come. I can tell you that the build is phenomenal, the design is awesome, and the bass is firm as heck, never heard anything like it except the ws99s. The mids are not the center of attention anymore, but still pretty awesome, and the highs are just as relaxing as the es700s. It has more detail however..

Not the rock I was talking about, but Robert Valdes is good imo. I love his compassionate and rough voice.

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #20,302 of 100,285
What is re700?

It's audio technica's latest headphone release in japan, that somehow didn't make it to the advertisements. 

I wish the highs were more forward though...other than that, pretty balanced headphone. Females are awesome. Now that I'm done stating only vague comments, I'm going to burn them in pretty well and compare them to the es700 and ws99s.

Also, the pads are comfy, didn't expect that from at, the headband padding is disappointing, unfortunately.

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #20,303 of 100,285
  Have you (or anyone here) found any IEMs that have better vocals than the Tenore? None of my IEMs nor headphones can compete.

I AGREE that the Tenores, after extensive burn in (200+hrs) have equsuite vocals, better than the Bassios. the XBA3 are also delightful but with
slightly less body.  In order to clarify the abilities of the whole Zero Audio lineup, i am hoping to do a review of the Tenores vs Bassios (which i have)
and the new Carbon Singulo 510s (on their way to me from Japan) and loaned 500s from Zero Audio and the new Doppios.  the Crbon Singulo and
Doppios have new technology in them are Zero Audios most current model.  nobody has head the 510s yet (i.e. now reviews or feedback available
anywhere i can google), so this will be an exciting audio discovery adventure.  stay tuned......and meanwhile enjoy this Tenores, they are superfine for
the money.....

my OM IEP hybrids are breaking in nicely and show great promise for high end listening...........and the Pistons are delightful and keep improving with
more burn in.   But Zero Audio has shown a real talent for tuning their earphones that is world class and I'm super excited about comparing their
whole line up with each other, especially their new offerings......

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #20,304 of 100,285
  I AGREE that the Tenores, after extensive burn in (200+hrs) have equsuite vocals, better than the Bassios. the XBA3 are also delightful but with
slightly less body.  In order to clarify the abilities of the whole Zero Audio lineup, i am hoping to do a review of the Tenores vs Bassios (which i have)
and the new Carbon Singulo 510s (on their way to me from Japan) and loaned 500s from Zero Audio and the new Doppios.  the Crbon Singulo and
Doppios have new technology in them are Zero Audios most current model.  nobody has head the 510s yet (i.e. now reviews or feedback available
anywhere i can google), so this will be an exciting audio discovery adventure.  stay tuned......and meanwhile enjoy this Tenores, they are superfine for
the money.....

my OM IEP hybrids are breaking in nicely and show great promise for high end listening...........and the Pistons are delightful and keep improving with
more burn in.   But Zero Audio has shown a real talent for tuning their earphones that is world class and I'm super excited about comparing their
whole line up with each other, especially their new offerings......

I feel as though audio technica, zero audio, and kef should work together, but that would be pretty bad. Maybe a collaboration on one headphone, but it's highly unlikely. Thank you for sharing your input drblue!

Can't wait for your carbo singolo! I don't know why, but I have a feeling that they'll have the same amount of bass as the doppios.

Please make the comparison when you can, take your time! :) we'll be waiting for which ZA phone would be the best tuned for a human's preference.

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #20,305 of 100,285
  It's audio technica's latest headphone release in japan, that somehow didn't make it to the advertisements. 

looking forward to your comments on these new ATH phones.  i have the old 700s which are delightful and quite a bargain for their sound quality. my w1000s are one of my reference cans in high end headphone listening.

I wish the highs were more forward though...other than that, pretty balanced headphone. Females are awesome. Now that I'm done stating only vague comments, I'm going to burn them in pretty well and compare them to the es700 and ws99s.

Also, the pads are comfy, didn't expect that from at, the headband padding is disappointing, unfortunately.

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #20,306 of 100,285
thanks for the support, people! You are all awesome folks! The DUNU are awesome, but there seems to be that sibilance in the upper register...which i chalk up to the TWFK drivers. 

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #20,307 of 100,285
I need a new pair of cans. My Roland's are getting up in age, and I really want something outstanding and detailed, with good bass, but mid-fi priced. Not willing to drop $200 bones on cans. 

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #20,308 of 100,285
I need a new pair of cans. My Roland's are getting up in age, and I really want something outstanding and detailed, with good bass, but mid-fi priced. Not willing to drop $200 bones on cans. 

I thought $200 was Mid-Fi pricing. I was under the impression it went something like this $100< (Low-Fi) $100-$300 (Mid-Fi) $300-$600 (Hi-Fi) >$600 (Summit-Fi)

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #20,309 of 100,285
I thought $200 was Mid-Fi pricing. I was under the impression it went something like this $100< (Low-Fi) $100-$300 (Mid-Fi) $300-$600 (Hi-Fi) >$600 (Summit-Fi)

you're pretty accurate with that pricing, but I'm looking at lower mid-fi. I'd pay between $125-150 for a pair of good cans. I've got to save pennies for the Fostex or ROCKETS. :wink:

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #20,310 of 100,285
I just lost the opportunity to pick up some JVC FXC51 for $20.00. Supposedly has better clarity and highs than the Piston? Oh well. Probably for the better? I must say that my Sennheiser CX150 are not a bad budget IEM. Pretty tight and detailed bass, and solid mids. Treble a bit rolled off though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back