The discovery thread!
Aug 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #12,646 of 101,794
^ If those CKS1Ks are able to resurrect nicks dustiness from the audio graveyard,...... THAT IS ONE TALL ORDER MENG.
floatsmile.png

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #12,647 of 101,794
Addition for x1 they have a better sub bass vs. The xba-3 but xba-3s soundstage is bigger but not by a lot. I no for a fact burn in will do wonders :D . and damn you Wayne me want cks 1k now :frowning2:.was saving up to get the xba-40s because i know they will be the killer iems i been searching for :)

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #12,650 of 101,794
Quote:
^ If those CKS1Ks are able to resurrect nicks dustiness from the audio graveyard,...... THAT IS ONE TALL ORDER MENG.
floatsmile.png

dustiness!!!!. Wayne heard no dustiness ( that he'll admit anyhow ) hahah

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #12,651 of 101,794
Quote:
dustiness!!!!. Wayne heard no dustiness ( that he'll admit anyhow ) hahah

Nope - not a hint of dust in Nick's mad-stash of ortho-modded-mayhem! Everything I listened to exhibited various levels of awesomeness 
size]

And damn NIck, I want those modded t50rp's!!! And throw in those Stax while you're at it :)

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #12,652 of 101,794
Nope - not a hint of dust in Nick's mad-stash of ortho-modded-mayhem! Everything I listened to exhibited various levels of awesomeness 
size]

And damn NIck, I want those modded t50rp's!!! And throw in those Stax while you're at it :)

Nice propic Wayne. Still waiting on those impressions you promised. :wink:

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #12,654 of 101,794
Quote:
Scratch the dusty orthos we need more dusty rap ~~ come back ~~

Sadly i got an admin ban on his dust pollution there.
very_evil_smiley.gif

STAY OUT NICK!!!

Oh did i tell ya' i have officially converted nicky boi to that all mighty KOOOOEEEEEEAAAAAAANNNNNNNN gospel. There is no turning back meng. Nick is done for.  hoho

Edit: looks like nick is a 2X born again, that dust has finally vanquished. Now that's settled he is welcome to drop by for a quick visit.

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #12,656 of 101,794
Hey Wayne, since you now have both the X1 and AD900X + E12 combo, mind providing a comparison when the X1 is burned in? I was planning on upgrading to the AD2000X but the X1 hype train is getting hard to ignore...

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #12,657 of 101,794
Quote:
I already have a couple of heaphones in mind but I am pretty interested in the X1, might have to see if someone around me ha a pair to try them out.

I'm planning to get the JVC SZ2000.

Which headphones do you have? What kind of signature do you like?

The X1's signature I would say leans a bit towards the warm side (as the Innerfidelity FR graph would attest), mainly due to the amazing bass. Lots of wonderful quality bass (amazing for open cans). The mids sound neutral to me (ie not recessed), but they are slightly recessed when compared to the ad900x's (the ad900x's mids are probably a bit forward). But the X1 mids are quite tight and coherent, and don't sound distant or veiled at all (thank goodness). There is very little bass bleed into the mids, which is pretty amazing considering the bass. The treble is very nice for me - detailed and extended, but never close to being sibilant. The soundstage is very nice - not as large as with the ad900x, but more coherent with tighter imaging. The overall signature for me is big, bold, immersive, engaging, transparent and non-fatiguing. Kind of like my sportapro's on steroids. Kind of like an open set of WS99's. Kind of like rather great 
size]

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #12,658 of 101,794
Quote:
Say it ain't true nick, say it ain't true....

Goshdarn cardboard box works as a brainwashing container as well...
Guess it just can't proofread for ya...

I say it so...... it so..
devil_face.gif

This was what got him:
... more like (B)-rainwashing (A)-t (M)-aximum level. hoho. 

Oh and this got him real bad as well.
cool.gif

... SWAG!!!
tongue.gif

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #12,660 of 101,794
Quote:
Hey Wayne, since you now have both the X1 and AD900X + E12 combo, mind providing a comparison when the X1 is burned in? I was planning on upgrading to the AD2000X but the X1 hype train is getting hard to ignore...

I will indeed do that. Do to circumstances, I can't burn my X1's in as quickly as I would like. I think they may only have about 30 hours of burn in so far (and they are sounding amazing), but yes, I'd like to make that comparison once they are more fully burned in. The AD900X's are amazing off of the E12 though, and have more forward mids/vocals, brighter treble, and larger soundstage than the X1's at this point, but the imaging is not as tight/coherent as the X1's. As of right now, my opinion is that they both rock. But those AD2000X's... I'd sure like to hear them.

One thing that I really like about the X1's is the replaceable cable. I put a cheapo 3' cable on the X1's, so I can wear them portably (the X1's have amazing synergy with the C3 + BH btw). Whereas the AD900X's pretty much have to be used at my computer :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back