The discovery thread!
May 23, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #102,961 of 106,645
Not sure why the R3 Pro variants are regarded as neutral at all, they are quite warm to me.
Any particular reason why you post 2-3 small posts instead of clubbing em together or editing to add?

Just curious, that's all. warrenpchi don't even think about a reply post here :)

In Bombay, where snitching is frowned upon

May 23, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #102,962 of 106,645
Any particular reason why you post 2-3 small posts instead of clubbing em together or editing to add?

Just curious, that's all. warrenpchi don't even think about a reply post here :)

Haha, I just happened to have something else to say after posting, but yeah if that happens again I’ll just edit it in.

May 23, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #102,963 of 106,645
Wow!
"Headphoneus Supremus" is an odd description.
Wish they would let you put custom titles up at some point.
Oh well.
Took quite a while, but have to say:
I couldn't have done it without you.
Cheers Disco Threaders!
Capture+_2024-05-23-23-09-39.png

May 23, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #102,964 of 106,645
Our esteemed founder Jude endorsed them, so they have to be good. I have rarely seen him just endorse something willy nilly just because, unless he actually liked what he heard. Though he did say they bordered on being too bassy for his preference.
I knew they'd be bassy but it's almost too much for me too. I'll be tip rolling in the coming days to see if I can tame it ever so slightly but I'm afraid to do too much. It's such good quality bass I don't mind it.
I want this life for me lol
If I can do it, anyone can! Tons of time spent putting my impressions into word docs but I'm still enjoying it!

May 23, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #102,965 of 106,645
Wow!
"Headphoneus Supremus" is an odd description.
Wish they would let you put custom titles up at some point.
Oh well.
Took quite a while, but have to say:
I couldn't have done it without you.
Cheers Disco Threaders!
Capture+_2024-05-23-23-09-39.png
Makes you feel like a hot shot haha, welcome to da club.

May 23, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #102,966 of 106,645
Not to keep harping on about the Falcon, but it sounds more open on my Shozy Alien which doesn’t do balanced, still not the best match sound wise plus there’s hiss but I guess it’s just the HiBy being too dark.
Your experience with the Falcon is making me so happy I dodged that bullet, because I came so close to pulling the trigger on these after I sold my EST112's. I'd like to get a DUNU again, but so far they seem to like tuning with too much bass for my liking. Give me a nice balanced and extended treble DUNU like the EST112!

May 23, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #102,967 of 106,645
Your experience with the Falcon is making me so happy I dodged that bullet, because I came so close to pulling the trigger on these after I sold my EST112's. I'd like to get a DUNU again, but so far they seem to like tuning with too much bass for my liking. Give me a nice balanced and extended treble DUNU like the EST112!
Eh, it really depends on what kind of bullet you’re trying to dodge. I don’t find them too bassy, in fact I think it’s necessary to balance the upper mids in this case, and it’s not so much bass that the lower mids get sucked out.

May 24, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #102,970 of 106,645
Been listening to the Hydro again. Damn that thing is smooth! Truly the best KZ/CCA thus far. I wonder what they'll come up with to beat it. That layering and separation is something else.
I dunno? Mine is still making it's way to me (slowly), but from all the not just positive reviews, but mid-fi level reviews, it's going to be hard to top for CCA, without going with some more expensive tech and going into that $200 range?

May 24, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #102,971 of 106,645
I dunno? Mine is still making it's way to me (slowly), but from all the not just positive reviews, but mid-fi level reviews, it's going to be hard to top for CCA, without going with some more expensive tech and going into that $200 range?
It's a great little iem. I full enjoy it. Excited for the supermix 4 as well.

May 24, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #102,972 of 106,645
It's a great little iem. I full enjoy it. Excited for the supermix 4 as well.
Except for the reviews coming in that it's got laid back treble and the stage is average? It's what ended up swaying me to the Project M and giving up on the Supermix 4. More than one reviewes mentioned both these characteristics.

May 24, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #102,974 of 106,645

I have no problems with more short posts, easier to follow.
Now, long signatures ........ (warrenpchi is an offender in this category!!! Sorry, I'll show myself out)

May 24, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #102,975 of 106,645
Those wood shells are sooooooooo beautiful! Too bad they sound sig isn't my preference, otherwise, those would be in my ears instead of the on the way Project M.
Damnit, I tried to source the Project M yesterday in Europe... Only one distributor in France. And like mostly when it comes to European prices, they are frickin' ridiculous! >> 420 € PLUS 29 € shipping. are they kidding me? ... But the story isn't over. So I contacted them if it's really true that when you order a 400€+ item, that there's no free shipping, and the answer was, oh, sorry, we forgot to update our homepage, the Project M is sold out. 🤡🌎

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back