The discovery thread!
May 14, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #101,432 of 103,509
Here's a review of the Shozy P20: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shozy-planar-magnetic-14-5mm-iem.27091/reviews#review-33891

Shozy 3.jpg

Pros:
Acceptable accessory spread
Decent ergonomics for a huge shelled IEM
Smooth and fatigue-free sonics
One for bassheads in terms of impact and texture
Wide soundstage

Cons:
Relatively difficult to drive
Driver flex
Middling technicalities (other than soundstage)
Mid-bass bleed
Veiled midrange
Not for trebleheads or analytical junkies

Shozy P20.jpg

8 kHz is a coupler peak

May 14, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #101,433 of 103,509
@Jaytiss has me super psyched for the Hydro, the mini "Death Star"? lol The wait will be long though, because with my gift card and Ali coupons, I got it for $61.00. Amazon has faster delivery, but it's $150 and no Ali coupons!
I hope that you enjoy it. I think it’s a lovely set. Not just a good kz/cca but a legit good set.

May 14, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #101,434 of 103,509
Hey, I was wondering...what's the meaning when someone posts a "quote of your comment" without a comment???
It's the one that you got.
Can you enlighten me, please?
Thanks!

Cheers!
Our impish @FreeWheelinAudioLuv2 posted an image of Volare in response to Red's voltage!

May 14, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #101,435 of 103,509
May 14, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #101,436 of 103,509
WM1A, included cable and 7Hz Aurora with new 7Hz ear-tips. The widest soundstage I have ever heard from an IEM?
DSC_1702.jpegd1.jpeg
DSC_1718.jpegx.jpeg
Cover.jpg

The cable is insane!

DSC_0402.jpegd.jpeg
DSC_0406.jpegwx.jpeg

DSC_0411.jpegxe.jpeg

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #101,438 of 103,509
Our impish @FreeWheelinAudioLuv2 posted an image of Volare in response to Red's voltage!
I just wanted to hear/read what he says as someone who has received a post like that.

I did receive something like that a few times, and I have no f-ing idea what it means or implies.

BTW, I'm not referring specifically to this comment; I don't follow that, but to those I got.

Cheers!

May 14, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #101,439 of 103,509
I just wanted to hear/read what he says as someone who has received a post like that.

I did receive something like that a few times, and I have no f-ing idea what it means or implies.

BTW, I'm not referring specifically to this comment; I don't follow that, but to those I got.

Cheers!

May 14, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #101,443 of 103,509
KZ ZS10 pro 2 - comparisons:

1. Old ZS10 (my first KZ IEM, about 6 years ago): surprisingly, treble of ZS10 is not that bad and is still adequate, while the bass is loose/tubby, and the new generation of KZ DDs offers so much more. I do not have ZS5 or 6 (Andromeda imitations were not to me), but I can tentatively project that Pro 2 may be into your alley, if you are into more refined treble.

2. ZS10 pro is so much classic to me with its unapologetic relentless KZ V.
Pro 2 keeps its heritage: both are great with guitars, especially electric. Pro original is definitely more brazen with its more penetrating/steely treble. Pro 2 is more refined in the treble. Bass of ZS10 pro 2 is more punchy while comparable in its sheer intensity, and balancing the treble well (e.g. compared to CCA 10 pro).

3. CCA10 pro - while bass may be better compared to ZS10 pro, what does not seem to work for this IEM - is the balance between the treble and bass (a bit too much treble even for my high tolerances).

4. ZS10 pro X is a really capable competitor of Pro 2. X treble is handled by 30095 and is more penetrating/steely. Pro 2 treble is more refined and smooth, while still prominent. Bass is very much comparable - hard for me to call the winner. Mids are a bit more balanced on Pro 2.

5. Trio. Trio is another strong competitor, which feels more cozy and intimate compared to Pro 2. I do understand why many like Trio. If one likes Trio, and not fond of rich treble - Pro 2 may not be the way to go. If both Trio and treble are liked - Pro 2 can offer more openness, range and stage.

6. Rhapsody. Not "it" for me due to too much of midbass mostly and too gentle trebke as well. Having the same BAs, to me ZS10 pro 2 nicely inproved on Rhapsody in featuring more prominent treble and much better tight bass with more sub-bass.

7. ZAT. On a different level to me for the resolution (and I like ZAT's more reserved bass as well). Cost-effectively, ZS10 pro 2 is really great at nearly 1/3 of ZAT price.

8. Symphony. A different animal with its mighty bass added to a planar. Symphony is definitely a new exploration to KZ, while ZS10 pro 2 is the refinement of what worked very well beforez and a very good one.

Overall, ZS10 pro 2 is a great IEM to my ears along ZS10 pro reknowned heritage.
ZS10 pro 2 is definitely not any "segment killer" by any means, IMO, (Trio may be more suitable for this role), but a great IEM that many (very many, I sure) will enjoy. I can only imagine my KZ journey starting with ZS10 pro 2 instead of original ZS10! (though I did learn a lot working outthe fit and realizing bass limitation with ZS10 on a positive side :)).

I did place an order for ST7 yesterday. Now, after an excellent ZS10 pro 2, I kind of regret it (Head-Fi is very conducive, and my storage space for 120+ IEMs and stuff is getting to its limits....)
My bias is that ST7 won't be up to ZS10 pro X/2 or, let alone, ZSX/ZAX. In any case, I will report my impressions when I get ST7.

Few hours in with kz ZS10 Pro2, agree with your views. I haven't fiddled with switches yet. Left it all on, as it came. No burn in, fresh out of the box.

More Treble rich than Trio but luckily no harshness. Buzzing away

Trio has more bass quantity, pro2 matches it in quality. More midbass on Trio, perhaps a tad more subbass here on Pro2.

Trio feels smoother (quieter) perhaps due to less stuff happening in treble region. And hence more 'quiet' in the ears, if you get what I mean.

And agree with the following quote of yours

"If one likes Trio, and not fond of rich treble - Pro 2 may not be the way to go. If both Trio and treble are liked - Pro 2 can offer more openness, range and stage."

Did you hear TRN s17? How does it compare with Pro2?

And finally, this sounded fabulous on ZS10 Pro 2

May 14, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #101,444 of 103,509
Now, as the Penon Voltage is out for me (not disclosing anything, just saying even early bird price is too high for me), question is: is I/O Volare that much better than Tansio Mirai X than it is worth the upgrade ? Detail and bass (quality and quantity) is what I love in TSMR X the most (but really love all aspects of it).

Big thank you in advance for anyone providing info on this !

May 14, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #101,445 of 103,509
TRN ST7

How do I feel about the ST7 ?
Admittedly, I only have about 15 hrs. of break in and I may be jumping the gun. But in my experience, if an IEM doesn't show some semblance of that visceral thump (that I crave) in the early stages, it's not going to magically appear. That being said, the ST7 is for the masses, that appreciate some low end, but lean more towards mids and upper frequencies.

The ST7 checks off more boxes, than the one or two (for my tastes) that it misses.
:ballot_box_with_check: Wide presentation
:ballot_box_with_check: Vocals are forward, but not in your face
:ballot_box_with_check: Bass has the everything, but the Chest Thump
:ballot_box_with_check: Upper treble well represented, without being fatiguing

:negative_squared_cross_mark: No Boom Boom. The sub bass doesn't go low enough, for Basshead recognition.
:negative_squared_cross_mark: Male vocals are missing some of their low end timbre

TRN ST7.jpg

I find the factory graph to be very accurate, to what I hear. Vocal forward, with an emphasis on the upper half of the frequency response range. But attention to the low end is not necessarily discarded.
1715690634326.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back