The discovery thread!
Apr 15, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #99,031 of 100,075
What is your current EDC (every day carry)?

Currently using:
Daily Carry.jpg

DAP: Sony WM1A DAP (Mr Walkman One WM1Z Plus v2 Mod)
IEMs: EPZ 530 and JVC HA-FW1800
Storage: ALT-R leather case
Mobile : CCA Trio + Sony A306 + small black Seahorse case
Pocket mobile : CCA Trio/Oriveti OD200 + Sony A17

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #99,032 of 100,075
Hi the measurement guys. Can someone tell me why am I encountering this issue? I am doing what it is telling me to do, but still it is not going away:
I do not know what program you are using and trying to do, but according to the error dialog you need to match the sample rate of the mic and the program.

To do so, you need to check the configuration in the Windows sound settings.
Here is an article on how to open the dialog: https://support.zoodigital.com/help/article/microphone-sample-rate-setup---pcwindows-10/
The tutorial is for Windows 10. But should not be that different.

If you have trouble opening the Sound Dialog, here is another article:
https://www.isumsoft.com/it/6-methods-to-open-the-sound-dialog-in-windows-10/

In the first article you can already see the sampling rate of 48.000 Hz in the second screenshot.
This is what you need to set in your program.

And of course the dialog is asking you to allow mic access in the Privacy Settings of Windows for your program.

Edit:
Sorry I didn't read that you already have done this, maybe some other options will fix the problem.
  • maybe you need to check the option "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
  • or select the mic as default input device
  • or use a different sampling rate
  • close all other apps that could interact with a mic
  • maybe you can try to record your mic with a different app like the free Audacity and see if this works
    https://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #99,034 of 100,075
Would ThieAudio Hype 4 be not much of a upgrade to Campfire Dorado 2020?
I haven't tried Campfire Dorado, but Hype 4 is an excellent choice. It does a lot of things right.

Apr 15, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #99,035 of 100,075

Currently using:

DAP: Sony WM1A DAP (Mr Walkman One WM1Z Plus v2 Mod)
IEMs: EPZ 530 and JVC HA-FW1800
Storage: ALT-R leather case

E421C15A-9C70-4356-B5AC-6B0979A21520.jpeg

EDC in my bag:
Source: Hiby R3ii => L&P W4
IEM: (main) Hiby Yvain (testing) Hiby Project Ace
Storage: random NiceHck case I bought from @Bosk

Home use:
DX300 => G5
IEMs: U12t / Gaea / Andromeda

Would ThieAudio Hype 4 be not much of a upgrade to Campfire Dorado 2020?

It depends on how much you like the Dorado. If you find it underwhelming with boomy bloated bass and a piercing BA treble spike, then any ThieAudio Hype IEM is an improvement. If you think Dorado is the pinnacle of IEM tuning, then no, don’t buy ThieAudio IEM unless you can return them.

Apr 15, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #99,036 of 100,075
Storage: random NiceHck case I bought
This case spontaneously combusted on me during vacation loool 😩 had to keep it closed with hair ties for 3 days, not fun to fly with

Apr 15, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #99,037 of 100,075
Initial impression on HIBY W3 II

As an audio enthusiast who favours analogue and wired connectivity over wireless, I still believe the wired sets is still the best option in terms of stable connection and offers better fidelity. But as technology keeps progressing on a yearly basis and new innovative components are introduced in this silicon-driven information technology era, so as wireless technology keeps its pace that we in the audio enthusiast community will be able to have the reliability and high fidelity performance akin to wired ones and convenience of wireless tech.

This is HIBY WB II, it's a bluetooth module device which is quite versatile as you can also use it as a DAC/Amp dongle. The good thing about this device is that it has independent key buttons like power and volume control. Its overall form factor is quite compact and it has a clip where I can put it either on my shirt, trousers or bags.

One of the important aspects of the device is that it can support more advanced bluetooth audio codec like APTX, APTX-HD, LDAC and its own proprietary UAT codec. This device can be used remotely via its own HIBYblue app and surprisingly, it has NFC-support.

On its internal parts, WB II has a reliable Cirrus logic DAC and Qualcomm's latest bluetooth module chip where both components can deliver a well-rounded sound quality from the optimal performance of its DAC and amp with a transmission and reliable connection of the latest generation bluetooth chip. This device is quite good for long listening sessions. I was able to use this one for up to almost 8 hours in LDAC mode.

For sonic performance, it has this warmish-neutral sound profile that pairing it to some balanced-warmish or warmish-neutral sets has a good synergy as it gives more depth and texture to its dynamics. Although on resolving aspects, it has more focus on macro-dynamics but micro-detail retrieval appears to be decent enough.

20240415_152925.jpg20240415_152917.jpg
since my ifi go blu died ive been looking for a small bluetooth dac/amp for on the go and this looks amazing love how small it looks very tempting

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #99,038 of 100,075
Sony WF-1000XM4
Google Pixel 8 Pro

I needed to use the phone to take a photo so just pretend I'm sharing a photo of the Sony TWS with my phone in its case.

1713223267294.png

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #99,039 of 100,075
Can we have some pointer for that case ? Name or link, I mean. Thx in advance !
(maybe others are interested, too)

This dude makes custom leather cases for DAPs and stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/altrleather/

Don't think there is a name of this particular case but he makes different size cases from something that fits an IEM, to mid sized ones (the one I have), all the way to huge ones that can store cans and amps.

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #99,040 of 100,075
Apr 16, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #99,042 of 100,075
1000067039.jpg

Dap: Hiby M300
Dac: Hiby Fc6
Iems: CCA trio and Aful P8 (which alternates with Penon Fan2)
Case: The one that came with Legato 7hz
That Legato case is awesome I should have kept the Legato just for that 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back