The discovery thread!
Mar 27, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #97,966 of 99,982
Are there anyone with both Kinera Verdandi and Simgot EA500LM? If so, how is upper mids in comparsion? I read about Verdandi being bright in that region, as well i heard it about ea500lm, but for me there is no problem with that in ea500lm, maybe because i dont like to listen to music very loud.
Brighter and more agressive upper mids on Verdandi than EA500LM, as example I don't mind listen to technical metal on EA500LM while one Verdandi it gets to much.
It also depends on the music, as the treble is more relaxed on Verdandi.

Graph also show it
1000032085.png

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #97,967 of 99,982
I have been following the Kinera Verdandi ever since it was showcased at an Audio show last year. The pair got the codename “Mini Loki” from many people who heard it at the audio show. Fast forward to 2024 January, Kinera officially released the Verdandi and my excitement just started to rise. This 1300$ IEM boasts some exciting looks and a solid driver setup inside promising a great sound experience. I got the unit 2-3 days ago, and just spent about 15 hours with the set, so it’s a good time to share some initial impressions here. First of all, I would like to thank Kinera for this sample for the Review tour in India!!

Design:-

Kinera knows, Kinera just knows how to please the users. The Verdandi in this Mystic Black looks and feels absolutely amazing. The shells are completely hand-painted. It looks so pretty, although the shells are a bit on the bigger side. I personally have no issues with big shells, but people with small ears might have a little trouble in getting a comfortable fit.

Driveability:-

Verdandi is not very demanding, but it surely loves powerful devices. It works well with the standard 3.5mm output of my Macbook, but shines better with my Questyle CMA18P and iBasso DX260.

Initial Impressions:-

I fell in love with the Verdandi during the first track itself. The pair sounds very musical and clean. The BCD driver works like a charm and provides a fast and slamming bass response. The sub-bass reach is phenomenal and the mid-bass is quick and snappy. The drum kicks are registered precisely and the bass guitar sounds simply phenomenal. Midrange is a little pulled back, slightly recessed we might say. But the clarity and texture for vocals is simply sublime. And the instruments, sound very well separated and accurate. Vocals with low-power sources such as my Macbook standard output had a bit of thinness which goes away as soon as we treat her with a better source. Treble extensions are really good, in fact they sound energetic and lively.

The main attractions for me so far with the Verdandi would be the following,

>The soundstage. It is 3D, it is big, it is immersive. The overall sound presentation is really captivating and massive, giving a huge feel.

>The tonality of Verdandi is mostly musical and pleasurable. It is smooth, inoffensive, and doesn’t sound tiring at all.

>The Bass, yes the solid and hard-hitting bass is everything I love on the Verdandi.

Well, these are just my initial impressions, hope you guys like the write-up and love the images that I have clicked so far. Will soon come up with a final review!!

Have you heard Odin? Verdandi is tuned after Odin, is it real poorman's Odin to you? Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #97,968 of 99,982
AüR Audio Aehta configuration revealed, going for slow teasers this time 😅 Still no price been confirmed, only know it will be their flagship IEM. Quite excited for this one, had a lot of fun with Verdandi just know that had BC. So if Abel have a good implementation this can be an awesome quadbrid, due to switches this can go from something warm and bassy to a more bright set.

1000032047.png

1000032046.jpg

1000030655.jpg

1000030315.jpg
But where’s the planar, piezo, 3rd & 4th DD drivers ?

What am I forgetting, . . .
oh yeah, the passive radiator

Mar 27, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #97,969 of 99,982
My first discovery for 2024.
MeyerAuduo SLIIVO SL41 a 1+4

What I loved:
A monitor like tuning with Nitrous Boosted beautiful bass

20240223_115945.jpg

Smooth flat mids so tastefully tuned as to bring out the nuances and mico details that should not be possible in this price.

20240223_115413.jpg

Correct tonality and timbre over musical lushness or colorization.

That bump at 2.5k right at the perfect ear gain is a thing of beauty. Adds in just enough upper mids & treble to make the SL41 a not perfect monitor but a slightly enhanced musical fun IEM

20240223_114334.jpg

The spacial clues for instruments and vocals and allowing them the play in thier own space is breathtaking. Only bettered by the FF Grand Maestro, Softears Twilight and Plunge Audio Unity so far from all the units this monk has had ears on.

Cable is Baller the same Limpid Cable from Juzears.

20240223_123854.jpg

Needed some time to get used of the tuning otherwise. If you are used to a Harmon or V shaped tunings it will be different.

Not a forgiving IEM bad recordings will sound bad.

20240223_115514.jpg

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
C$225.38 51%OFF | SLIIVO 1DD+4BA IEM Hybrid Technology In-Ear Headphones 10 Drivers Hifi In-Ear Monitor 2-Pin Balanced Plug Noise Cancelling
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msnmViI

The SLIIVO SL41 arrived, but the 2-pin connection is recessed and narrower than normal... as a result I can't connect any other cable to them other than the original. I tried a ForzaAudioworks Hybrid and an Effect Audio Cadmus 8W neither of which could be inserted, has anyone had the same thing happen? Luckily their stock cable isn't like the one on the PULA PA02 which is really poor, but you can't change the cable it's still a big hassle...

Mar 27, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #97,970 of 99,982
The Wu Zetian, when amped, is absolutely no slouch when it comes to stage and imaging. It's actually one of the better performers in my collection in that facet. I listened to Dazz Band - Let It Whip and The Cars - Moving in Stereo, and there's some percussion in Let It whip that's hard left/right, where it's beyond the ears in perception in stage width, and Moving in Stereo has some hard pans left to right and right to left, that also end up beyond the ears, BUT...when I switch to the CCA Trio, it puts the Wu Zetian to shame with the perceived distance left and right. Where as the Wu feels like it's right at the ears, the Trio gives the sensation of that instrument or that pan being well beyond the ears and out of head. Those of you who own the Trio, might agree with what I'm talking about? The stage and imaging on the Trio is pretty freakish for a ultra budget set, that's three DD's.
Wanted to mention this in particular earlier in the day but wanted to hear it one more time before i posted.

https://songwhip.com/gustav-holst/holst-the-planets1987

Trio plays this really well. The spacing, distinction, placement and allotment of real estate to each soloists without any congestion is quite something.

To quote @Nimweth 's review

"Charles Dutoit's series of recordings with the Montreal Symphony Orchestra on Decca is legendary and his version of Holst's "Planets Suite" is a fine example. Throughout the piece, the atmosphere at St Eustache, Montreal was conveyed authentically and the locations of the various orchestral sections were accurately delineated. The front to back perspective was particularly well realised and the interplay of the woodwind and strings was in perfect balance. The varying timbres of the different instruments as they successively shared the melody were clearly differentiated and the impression of each soloist occupying their own space was another outstanding feature."

1000061116.jpg

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #97,971 of 99,982
Sliivo.jpg

However they are splendid and have a truly stellar sound!!!

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #97,972 of 99,982
20240327_145535.jpg

Only just arrived so very early to give a genuine assessment of sound. The build is fab a very distinctive look very comfortable fit good quality cable with all three termination options. I've settled on the bass nozzles with Coreir tips for nice deep insertion bass is great with punch. The balanced nozzle were a little bright on top the bass a little blunted the Coreir tips found the happy medium between. Tighter bass nice forward mids and enough air to give decent soundstage. The TRN Azure Dragon are at least equal to MP145 time will tell if after some burn in they move ahead.

Edit.
After spending the afternoon tip rolling I settled on the Dunu SS tips. These iems have great bass and clear mids while the MP145 for me sounds like a DD these are definitely a Planar slightly more aggressive upper mids lower treble with a little Planar timbre zing to the upper treble leaving some recordings cymbles to be splashy. Even with this slight Planar timbre I like the overall signature guitars have that nice edge which makes them exciting and vocals sound really natural and engaging. So for me worth the money and different enough from the MP145 to own both. Double bonus way smaller in the ear.

Edit 2
VOLBEAT SOUND AMAZING ON THESE 🤘🤘💪👹💥

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #97,973 of 99,982
Mar 27, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #97,974 of 99,982
Holy crap! That's so cool! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Wow I feel very honored to have one of my reviews featured. Just screenshotted that so I'll never forget lol 🥹

Edit to add: I really want to thank everyone who has encouraged me, read my reviews, and given me feedback. I never saw myself doing reviews but I'm enjoying it more than I thought. You'll definitely see more from me in the near future (hopefully that's a good thing)

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #97,975 of 99,982
I got my Neon Pro yesterday and they are damn good!! The set will definitely get a place in best All-BA IEMs I have heard to date(and i have heard a few including U12t, U18T, Anole VX, etc.).
Oh thanks, you're really trying your best to make me regret me parting ways with the NP just recently, huh ... this decision might come back to bite me, but we'll see. Enjoy, it's a fabulous set, no question there.

Holy crap! That's so cool! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Wow I feel very honored to have one of my reviews featured. Just screenshotted that so I'll never forget lol 🥹

Edit to add: I really want to thank everyone who has encouraged me, read my reviews, and given me feedback. I never saw myself doing reviews but I'm enjoying it more than I thought. You'll definitely see more from me in the near future (hopefully that's a good thing)
Fantastic stuff, congrats! I've just started reviewing too and it takes a ridiculous amount of time, but feels so therapeutic at the same time. Weird.

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #97,976 of 99,982

you deserve it!
Fantastic stuff, congrats! I've just started reviewing too and it takes a ridiculous amount of time, but feels so therapeutic at the same time. Weird.
lol right, i have like 3 reviews in half written states...

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #97,977 of 99,982
Have you heard Odin? Verdandi is tuned after Odin, is it real poorman's Odin to you? Thanks
By odin you mean EE Odin? Yes I have heard it. I would say yes there are some similarities, but I would also add that for vocal tonality, the Verdandi sounds a bit better to me(From my memories of ODIN hehe).

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #97,978 of 99,982
Oh thanks, you're really trying your best to make me regret me parting ways with the NP just recently, huh ... this decision might come back to bite me, but we'll see. Enjoy, it's a fabulous set, no question there.
Man i just don't know how can someone sell this beauty(well yeah fanboy moment or maybe the money debited syndrome haha). Hope you have moved on to better sets now? Which one would they be bro?

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #97,979 of 99,982
Man i just don't know how can someone sell this beauty(well yeah fanboy moment or maybe the money debited syndrome haha). Hope you have moved on to better sets now? Which one would they be bro?
I had to narrow it down and NP does the best with metal and other energetic genres which I tend to listen to less often nowadays. Ascension, Aure and Aurora cover 99% of my playlist with tremendous confidence.

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #97,980 of 99,982
lol right, i have like 3 reviews in half written states...
On this subject… does anyone have a really good resource on everything treble? It’s maybe the one thing I am hesitant about my reviewing. Not sure if it’s because I have a sensitivity, like bass, or just don’t have the words… any little blog or resource deep diving into treble would be appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back