The discovery thread!
Mar 14, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #97,126 of 101,431
I don't get those who 'believe' or don't 'believe' that cables make a difference. Better to be pragmatic....if you hear a difference then enjoy, if not save your money. Let your personal experience and enjoyment lead you. The only suggestion I can make in life is 'do no harm'....❤️

Mar 14, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #97,127 of 101,431
Those look dope mate! D’s Audio is a boutique deserving way more visibility in the Western world in my opinion.

Here sharing the final pics of my Phoenix Rise before shipping:

c85b34fd-ca5a-48d4-abe3-f18ebe7be974.jpeg
545bb0cb-d30e-4666-94ec-2a414a7e8a90.jpeg
ddc29319-0174-4776-8e67-554b81bf34ad.jpeg
That's really hand-made

Mar 14, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #97,128 of 101,431
Immagine.png

Mar 14, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #97,129 of 101,431
Time give my Kinera Verdandi more time and focus on the review for it, it has a slightly warm but bright tonality. Quite different from the Bonneville, but good in another way.
Find it very nice with female vocals and also most jazz music, so this evening will be dedicated to some GoGo Penguin.

https://songwhip.com/gogo-penguin/everything-is-going-to-be-ok
This is a beautiful record. Thanks for exposing it to me, mate. Never heard of this band but really enjoying it on my MagicOne.

Mar 14, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #97,131 of 101,431
I don't get those who 'believe' or don't 'believe' that cables make a difference. Better to be pragmatic....if you hear a difference then enjoy, if not save your money. Let your personal experience and enjoyment lead you. The only suggestion I can make in life is 'do no harm'....❤️
Cables, always a dicy topic. They don't matter until they do. Like if the cable is broken or has rust in it. Sometimes they don't fit exactly or have major microphonics. One of my issues with the truthear Nova is the cable, but sonically I like it for the price. It's just so microphonic and sticks to my beard and clothing.

I don't hear the difference in cables, but I do see how a bad connector could make a difference for sure. I think it's pretty, the experience, and just owning something nice and fun. Another point to make is that these aren't Speaker cables but touch your skin, and that is important more so than just something from a pure sonic perspective.

Mar 14, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #97,132 of 101,431
Cables, always a dicy topic. They don't matter until they do. Like if the cable is broken or has rust in it. Sometimes they don't fit exactly or have major microphonics. One of my issues with the truthear Nova is the cable, but sonically I like it for the price. It's just so microphonic and sticks to my beard and clothing.

I don't hear the difference in cables, but I do see how a bad connector could make a difference for sure. I think it's pretty, the experience, and just owning something nice and fun. Another point to make is that these aren't Speaker cables but touch your skin, and that is important more so than just something from a pure sonic perspective.
Ya I wanted to like the Nova cable so much but it's actually bad

Mar 14, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #97,133 of 101,431

I wish I never heard a difference in cables like you and others, and remained a skeptic, because I would've saved so much money. :worried:

Mar 14, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #97,134 of 101,431
Besides the terrific GoGo Penguin album to which @Leonarfd introduced me (thanks, dude!), I really enjoyed Amaro Freitas' new album, "Y'Y," on my MagicOne this morning while working. Experimental Brazilian jazz pianist. This is some pretty wild, innovative music. Definitely not dull!
1710439628555.png

Attachments

• 1710439591958.png
    1710439591958.png
    572.8 KB · Views: 0
Mar 14, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #97,135 of 101,431

Getting some serious Da Vinci vibes from this!! :nerd:

And the repeating large and small circle motif makes me think it might be a 2DD design. Is he coming after Crin's Zero with this one!? :smiley:

I wasn't a fan of the tuning of his Galileo, but I think his Chopin is a much better sounding IEM, so hopefully Timmy's next collab with Dunu will be even better! :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #97,137 of 101,431
Appreciation post for the Oriveti OD200

Daily driver at work together with a few other sets(T4 and Pegasus), a warm and forgiving sound, also have decent technicalities for a $200 set.

Good set where you can play most of your music library and just enjoy, would have wished for more sub bass extension and it would have been perfect.
Also that black nozzle in the box is too bright for me, silver nozzle tames the upper into a more tasteful tuning.

Question for the NiceHCK Himalaya testers, how is it tuned compared to something like Simgot or OD200? Love a good single DD.

Himalya sound focus is a bit different than something like the EA1000. Himalayas balancing I feel is done better over the EA1000 in that the EA1000 takes a bit more precedence in its technical abilities. Sounds a touch brighter in tonal character( this is using its default red filter) Himalaya sounds more natural emitting a slight warmth from its lower mids and bass emphasis with some added note weight compared to the EA1000. Which offsets and balances the upper mids and trebles better on the Himalayas. Its got a wider stage is just as technical as the EA1000 but ends up sounding a bit more musical due to the better balancing from bass to trebles. Both have roughly similar upper mids presence but again its greater note weight makes something like male vocals and bass strings, pianos sound more substantial.

It could be that the EA1000 treble emphasis does not have any dips in the sensitive 6-8khz range ( probably the reason why a lot of folks feel the Simgot harmon curve is bright), while the Himalaya which has ample upper mids but ends up balancing them upper mids with a dip in the region. Treble folks will like the EA1000 presentation a bit better but tonal purists will love Himalayas better. Simgot IEMs seems to be tuned more for classical and orchestral stuff with emphasis for female vocals. Himalaya does stuff like male vocals, Jazz rock, edm and pop music better. The thing is I feel the Himalayas not worse in the type of music Simgot is good at here but it certainly is better for the genres of music I listed over the EA1000.

This is a case where body of note becomes an added critical element to sound refinement. Himalaya sounds substantial across the board when it comes to sound and does not have anything that sounds thin or unnatural so in this case these aspects represent the differences in prices here from the EA1000 to the Himalaya to be accurate. These will be worth getting a set for dynamic fans. It is definitely some of NiceHCKs best efforts to date.
DSC01623.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #97,138 of 101,431
Himalya sound focus is a bit different than something like the EA1000. Himalayas balancing I feel is done better over the EA1000 in that the EA1000 takes a bit more precedence in its technical abilities. Sounds a touch brighter in tonal character( this is using its default red filter) Himalaya sounds more natural emitting a slight warmth from its lower mids and bass emphasis with some added note weight compared to the EA1000. Which offsets and balances the upper mids and trebles better on the Himalayas. Its got a wider stage is just as technical as the EA1000 but ends up sounding a bit more musical due to the better balancing from bass to trebles. Both have roughly similar upper mids presence but again its greater note weight makes something like male vocals and bass strings, pianos sound more substantial.

It could be that the EA1000 treble emphasis does not have any dips in the sensitive 6-8khz range ( probably the reason why a lot of folks feel the Simgot harmon curve is bright), while the Himalaya which has ample upper mids but ends up balancing them upper mids with a dip in the region. Treble folks will like the EA1000 presentation a bit better but tonal purists will love Himalayas better. Simgot IEMs seems to be tuned more for classical and orchestral stuff with emphasis for female vocals. Himalaya does stuff like male vocals, Jazz rock, edm and pop music better. The thing is I feel the Himalayas not worse in the type of music Simgot is good at here but it certainly is better for the genres of music I listed over the EA1000.

This is a case where body of note becomes an added critical element to sound refinement. Himalaya sounds substantial across the board when it comes to sound and does not have anything that sounds thin or unnatural so in this case these aspects represent the differences in prices here from the EA1000 to the Himalaya to be accurate. These will be worth getting a set for dynamic fans. It is definitely some of NiceHCKs best efforts to date. DSC01623.JPG
Thanks, sounds like a set I need :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back