The discovery thread!
Mar 5, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #96,556 of 101,528
IMG_6785.jpeg
Upgraded my storage! Looks so cleeeeeean.

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #96,557 of 101,528
I got to demo the FF GM, FF Scarlet, and SE at Can Jam. I loved the SE and GM a great deal, but ultimately decided to get Anni instead of GM. I think FF has a great lineup and competent tuners for sure. I haven't tried the Maestro mini, but it has seemed to fizzle out.

The issue I have is I can afford a GM if I wanted to, or I could get a few sets to review and compare and have more fun with to help the channel grow. Honestly, the big expensive item doesn't do very well view count-wise, so like what is the value in it all? Weird hobby right? You only get one pair of ears, you gotta enjoy your life and can't buy it all nor should you.
1) I think the Anni is close in price to the GM. Is there any reason why you got the Anni over the GM other than price?

2) If you reviewed the GM, you'd get 1000 views from me alone 😁 (it's my coping mechanism while waiting for my own GM to be shipped).

3) I think the GM's multiple tuning options would have given you alot of content for your channel!

EDIT: Nvm, just saw your recent posts. Congrats on getting the GM, look forward to your impressions and comparisons 😁 I like the Anni but I love the GM, probably even more than the Storm.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #96,558 of 101,528
Guys.... I wish I could go. NYCan Jam Musikteck:
1709676586974.png
Ohh I bought a bass canon. Something call the Fatfrequency GrandMystero today. I might actually be out of the buying iem game.
I might actually be out of the buying iem game. If I had a nickel for every time I read this, I'd be able to offer to buy X from Elon Musk! LOL

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #96,559 of 101,528
https://www.linsoul.com/products/qkz-x-hbb-hades?variant=44633226215641

DSC_0246.jpegs.jpeg
DSC_0254.jpegwex1w.jpeg
DSC_0255.jpegwec.jpeg
DSC_0275.jpegxe2d.jpeg
DSC_0292.jpegxw.jpeg

$49.99 without microphone
$50.99 with microphone

First impressions:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I don’t know man…………I mean the stage is super big and the Hades does thrill do to this giant 2X 9mm LCP DD display? They are actually wired though a crossover to be complementary and each 9mm doing a specific bandwidth. It is kinda like QKZ emulating the Sony IER-Z1R sound or even the MDR-Z1R? They are adding in room response, which is on speakers where sound comes off the back and sides of a monitor (normally floor-standers in a room) and bounces (off the back room walls and side walls) back toward the listener competing with the front firing energy of the speakers. This has been proven through tests to add a dB or two of bass energy. This is one of the main differences between headphones and speakers. As such there is a tremendous lower midrange with the QKZ Hades which goes to add a giant soundstage, as such there s also a style of bass physicality found. Yet there is no way the pace would not be affected. Sure I just opened the box, and they need burn-in, but I went through 25 songs of all different styles, and this review will probably come out with the opinion that they are surprising good with simpler music like the opening to Nothing Else Matters by Metallica? Yet vocals are slightly downed-out at times due to this lower havoc? I’m really thinking these are best with instrumentals, they are not the most well rounded example to come out this year, so far. Yet there is a style of bang-for-the-buck? And the box opening experience is wild, I mean look at the photos. These giant gold coins, like the Kahn……….really they could have called this one Kahn 2 and it would make complete sense. So if you are a fan of the Kahn tuning, here is a second helping of cake, with a dash of ice-cream on the side. Where I was strangely perplexed when these (not airy) but soft and separated cymbals took mental focus, seemingly like a hybrid, only more uniform as 2X 9mm DDs would produce…………I don’t know man? Probably not my sound…….but it could generate a fan base? I'm way more a fan of the SHOZY P20 for more than 2X the money here? Still I will give the Hades the burn-in, often DDs and 2X DDs respond with fluidity due to play-time, so who knows, I may like them more?

The QKZ X HBB Khan:
DSC_0030.jpegf.jpeg
DSC_0071.jpegqwq.jpeg

The QKZ X HBB Hades:
deas .jpeg

DSC_0259.jpegwxw.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #96,560 of 101,528
Mar 6, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #96,561 of 101,528
Mar 6, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #96,562 of 101,528
My Artti T10s arrived a few days ago and I have to say I am enjoying them. For anyone interested in cheap planars, I highly recommend reading the thread with their reviews. And for the KZ company, I recommend to take a look at how the budget planar IEMs are suitably tuned on the first try and how they can be offered including really usable accessories (a simple zippered case and a perfect balanced cable).

Mar 6, 2024 at 6:43 AM Post #96,565 of 101,528
What I am taking about is low end room response, and not total technicalities, or anything like that. Just low portion of deep-end is in the Hades like the Sony sound. If you had the MDR and IER like I do you would understand what I am saying. Not saying they are the same but have moved forward to introduce room response. The MDR-Z7 is the same way, a far run blocks away from the 1989 sound of the Sony R-10, that was neutral and more mid centered. Sony must have got a whole different engineering staff in 2015-2016?
That's very creative...let's get serious now :wink:
But I have to admit...I might get these just because of the look...I hope that picture doesn't bend the reality :)

Cheers!
They look like the photos, so you will not be disappointed when they look the same upon arrival.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #96,566 of 101,528
If you had the MDR and IER like I do you would understand what I am saying.
Hm...I do, not like you...but I own both :)
And my opinion about both is that they are very special, especially IER in the IEMs category.

I gave the IER Z1R the same special treatment as the Final Audio D8000 in the headphones category. It's very unique and, I'd say, fearful.

Oh...Last night, I thought of a perfect description for the Kinera Nan-na 21 Z-Tune...SWEETEST AS CANDY...wow, they really swept me over :)

I know what you meant...there is where the reviewer is miles and skies apart from the "ordinary" music lover and listener per se.

I evaluate the whole impression; I don't dissect the impression. In that case, I see nooooo comparison :)

But I get it :)

Oh...and I do have MDR and IER :thinking: I never make an opinion about something I never listened to :wink:

Damn, that wasn't even an opinion...I was just messing a bit :)

Cheers!

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #96,567 of 101,528
Very pretty indeed. It also looks only half full, so let's go, get to spending! 😁
Please, I don’t need the extra encouragement!!! 🫣

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #96,568 of 101,528
Please, I don’t need the extra encouragement!!! 🫣
There's plenty of great budget sets and even the 2nd hand market to fill those empty spots 😁

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #96,569 of 101,528
Custom uncle was not very generous, but here's the new shipment, the Questyle M15i, CMA18P Case, and M15i case. The M15 sounds a sweet and detailed, i have been listening to this since the last hour with my Twilight. It has a bit of analogish character, a bit warmth is there, not too warm. Sounds quite open as well, like the highs are decently extended. Questyle M15 was one of my favourite DAC Dongles, I am excited to put these to fight together soon.
1709739180025.png

Mar 6, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #96,570 of 101,528
1709740018525.png

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-ea500-lm.26966/review/33174/ Any of you guys looking for an excellent source for Simgot IEMs, be it the EA500, EA500LM, EA200, EA1000. .The DEW4X is excellent with their own IEMs. Not to mention it brings something as simple as a gaming device to life. Retroid Pocket 4 pro shown with Simgot EA500LM and DEW4X for source. I was testing out the EA500LM during my review period for them and saw a descriptor that these are good for gaming and music. Which I haven't thought about but it makes a lot of sense as Simgot IEMs in general have some outstanding technicalities. Makes for excellent media IEMs. In any case my take on the EA500LM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back