The discovery thread!
Jan 9, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #92,731 of 106,795
Better to let this thread be about releases and reviews, no need to go and attack someone for their review style.
Its up to each and their own how they make them or have they rate their reviews.

If this continue it will only become silenced by admins soon.

Instead enjoy some ambient electronica to relax down, I am lying down listening to earbuds relaxing.
Life to short for arguments and fights.

Gotta love Leonard's chill approach to life...(not to mention his impeccable taste in music!)

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #92,732 of 106,795
Got my new Blon Z300 yesterday from Linsoul and Amazon to hopefully add a bit more fun signature into my daily walks. Sadly, the right channel was down 5-6 db compared to the left confirmed by mono and hard right panned tracks in comparison to my speakers and my Dunu Kima Classics.

While I did like the signature of the left channel, :)rolling_eyes:), it baffles the mind that this passed QC. Then again, I have had a Fosi amp with holographic QC stickers on it that was wired out of phase for the speaker terminals.

The Good News is I have adopted @Precogvision target curve to the Kima Classic and am floored at how good it sounds. Clearly the driver in the Classic is fine it just needed some help with reducing pinna gain. Quite a nice relaxed walk today with beautiful vocals on Radiohead- The Bends :relaxed:

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #92,733 of 106,795
I got it for 25$ on 11.11 but I struggle to like it no matter how hard I try. My library mainly has vocals and the softness/thiness EW200 brings is unique, but fails the male vocals. Planning to give it to someone at home.
I didn't like the EA500 either. Just not for me. About to give it to a friend. Weak lower mids, doesn't get the details thin, tonality off on vocals, shouty... Just saw the review of honestaudiophile on 1000; that's also not for me. His views on 500 matched mine (along with Gizaudio). So shall happily skip Simgot. Something's not for everyone, despite the hype. Obviously, it works for many.

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #92,734 of 106,795
I didn't like the EA500 either. Just not for me. About to give it to a friend. Weak lower mids, doesn't get the details thin, tonality off on vocals, shouty... Just saw the review of honestaudiophile on 1000; that's also not for me. His views on 500 matched mine (along with Gizaudio). So shall happily skip Simgot. Something's not for everyone, despite the hype. Obviously, it works for many.
Waiting to see your impressions on the other IEMs you have ordered, as your impressions matches mine.

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #92,735 of 106,795
Well, if you don't like Simgot current house sound, chances are you wont like recent simgot iems with similar SQ target.

i remember the same thing with moondrop house sound, its nice, i can see why people like it, but in the same time its not fitting that well against my more rock-alternative library.
I ended modding my Aria a bit following American Spirit rec, and it match closer to my library.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #92,736 of 106,795
Well, if you don't like Simgot current house sound, chances are you wont like recent simgot iems with similar SQ target.

i remember the same thing with moondrop house sound, its nice, i can see why people like it, but in the same time its not fitting that well against my more rock-alternative library.
I ended modding my Aria a bit following American Spirit rec, and it match closer to my library.
Absolutely. I get it now. Like the Penon house sound. Saccharine mids but I clearly like it. Is it tonally 'correct'; for me it's delicious! But it's indeed saccharinely-thick and I can see some not liking em at all for the same reasons that appeal to me.

Not that I just like thick. I can still go listen to my Dunu Titan S without flinching. It's opp of Penon. Some you like, some you don't - Simgot is the latter.

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #92,737 of 106,795
Jan 9, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #92,738 of 106,795
Absolutely. I get it now. Like the Penon house sound. Saccharine mids but I clearly like it. Is it tonally 'correct'; for me it's delicious! But it's indeed saccharinely-thick and I can see some not liking em at all for the same reasons that appeal to me.

Not that I just like thick. I can still go listen to my Dunu Titan S without flinching. It's opp of Penon. Some you like, some you don't - Simgot is the latter.
one of my ol favorite is Tanchjim Tanya with possibly "incorrect/unnatural" lower mids since its abit too thick and chunky,
but it fits really well with my library especially for songs with male growls and i ended really liking it.

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #92,739 of 106,795
Speaking of Simgot, anyone try out their dongle dac/amp the DEW3?
1704817145227.png
Wild as they (SIMGOT AUDIO) are coming out with not one, but two Dongles.........and at almost the same time! Whew, what next for them.......full-size headphones, DAPs......a CD player? So DEW3 and DEW4X..........I wonder what happened to DEW1 and DEW2? What happened to DEW4......anyway?

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:56 PM Post #92,740 of 106,795
Wild as they (SIMGOT AUDIO) are coming out with not one, but two Dongles.........and at almost the same time! Whew, what next for them.......full-size headphones, DAPs......a CD player? So DEW3 and DEW4X..........I wonder what happened to DEW1 and DEW2? What happened to DEW4......anyway?
Lol. Your right. It is the DEW4X I am getting.
1704858948677.png

DEW4X: Configuration & Parameters | Specs

While the previous DEW4 was equipped with a dual-CS43131 solution, the 4X went a step further with dual-CS43198...... Wave PCM decoding for DSD256 and 384kHz/32Bit is provided. At 32 ohms, the balanced end can still achieve a signal-to-noise ratio of 130dB (125dB single-ended) and less than 0.0003% THD. Supports UAC 1.0 protocol. It delivers 70mW / 150mW of output power at 32 ohms, which is more than enough for most earbuds and even some low-impedance headphones

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #92,741 of 106,795
May I ask one simple question?

Is writing the specs in pros and cons section makes your review is an actual review?

Screenshot_2024_0109_213743.png

I wonder if it's because you receive so many review samples, simply rushing from one to another without giving too much attention? You post reviews so frequently, even been highlighted on the main page yet I barely can keep up reading because of writing style???

'New SG-01 3rd generation..." how is this a pros for a new reader let's say who didn't have any of the Reecho products?

"All new Carbon Nano Diaphragm" how is this pros? Just because it's CNT, it's always good?

"New SG-01 shell encasement design..." how is this pros? If you don't particularly write in pros section what kind of sound profile it led to?

"Resulting in... (from the OVA) yet kept in balance" so if a person doesn't know OVA, the person has to go read it and come back to understand what you really mean?

"Resulting in extra level of low-end detail...(from the OVA)..." same as previous.

"Cons: at 51.99.... Nothing to note" I don't know? Maybe you tell me???

Probably companies also don't give a d... they just check the stars and how many pros more written comparing to the below cons.

Pros : Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs

Cons : maybe nothing?
Sign, i wonder if my review just too plain and simple 😅

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #92,742 of 106,795
one of my ol favorite is Tanchjim Tanya with possibly "incorrect/unnatural" lower mids since its abit too thick and chunky,
but it fits really well with my library especially for songs with male growls and i ended really liking it.
Haha yeah. My wife grabbed my Tanya. Then got two Tanchjim Ones. Liked em too. My parents took one each.
Time to get a Tanchjim, again. Perhaps, this time will go with the old Zero. Keep hearing that it has wide soundstage, that cheapie.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #92,743 of 106,795
Haha yeah. My wife grabbed my Tanya. Then got two Tanchjim Ones. Liked em too. My parents took one each.
Time to get a Tanchjim, again. Perhaps, this time will go with the old Zero. Keep hearing that it has wide soundstage, that cheapie.
Eh? I don't think you'll like the Zero if you dislike EA500. Better go with ola bass

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #92,744 of 106,795
Oxygen? Used to be all the rage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back