The discovery thread!
Nov 24, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #89,596 of 106,784
Would you pick them over the EA1000?
For doing something different and special yes. And I would also buy the DUNU Falcon Ultra over the EA1000 for my preferences with a bit more laid back top end.

Nov 24, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #89,597 of 106,784
Was just listening to it tonight love the bass but a bit metallic on the top end putting it on the burning rig to see if it loosens up that tiny treble DD
I only did my impressions after I forgot them on the burn rack after 6 days ..... they were warm LOL

I find after 40 hours your good to go !

Nov 24, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #89,599 of 106,784
I just ordered Wind and have Ultra coming in.
Crazy how good a sound you can get for under $250 in 2023!

I have the Oriveti OD200 inbounds and Our group has the TIMSOK single DD coming.

Nov 24, 2023 at 11:45 PM Post #89,600 of 106,784
I just ordered Wind and have Ultra coming in.
Based on the reviews I read, I found the arguments in favor of the EA1000 over the Falcon Ultra to be convincing.
Unfortunately I haven't heard either, so hard to say. They are basically the same price on AliExpress today.
Sounds like either one will be a good choice.

Nov 25, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #89,602 of 106,784
Based on the reviews I read, I found the arguments in favor of the EA1000 over the Falcon Ultra to be convincing.
Unfortunately I haven't heard either, so hard to say. They are basically the same price on AliExpress today.
My next iem might be the Softears Studio4.

Nov 25, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #89,604 of 106,784
11/11 and Black Friday have left me filling my buggy at the store to a point I need to focus on enjoying it for a while. Juzear 41T, Falcon Pro Ultra, Shozy 1.4, and the Wind will keep me quite occupied. Time to save up to the next notch (Twilight, Maestro Mini among others).
I can barely convince myself to buy one IEM at a time.
The conflicting reviews drive me crazy. I was interested in the 41T & Falcon Pro Ultra, but couldn't pull the trigger after scanning every review I could find.
Not because I think they are bad or anything...I just couldn't figure out if they were really good or just good. I wanted something really good.

Nov 25, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #89,605 of 106,784
The Falcon Ultra is my pick between the two because the upper mids are not so prominent and bass has slightly better texture and timbre. Stage for me is also slightly better.
Comes with a baller modular cable and it's blue 💙

And yes both are truly standout cannot go wrong with either!

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #89,606 of 106,784
I can barely convince myself to buy one IEM at a time.
The conflicting reviews drive me crazy. I was interested in the 41T & Falcon Pro Ultra, but couldn't pull the trigger after scanning every review I could find.
Not because I think they are bad or anything...I just couldn't figure out if they were really good or just good. I wanted something really good.
I have the Mest Mk 2, I paid a lot for it, and that is a very good iem. But the market has closed so many gaps. There are some great iems at lower costs, but you start getting into some great unique preferences at the $500 mark and above. I know the truly unique signatures will likely costs enough that I have to save. I have enough to keep me really busy and to handle my cd collection.

Nov 25, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #89,607 of 106,784
The Falcon Ultra is my pick between the two because the upper mids are not so prominent and bass has slightly better texture and timbre. Stage for me is also slightly better.
Comes with a baller modular cable and it's blue 💙

And yes both are truly standout cannot go wrong with either!
I believe Akros puts the EA1000 above the Falcon Ultra, but I'm not sure of the reason.
He said EA1000 may be his top 1 DD pick right now. That was well after he had reviewed the Falcon Ultra.
I don't think he's done a straight comparison though between the two, so who knows.

Nov 25, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #89,608 of 106,784
I believe Akros puts the EA1000 above the Falcon Ultra, but I'm not sure of the reason.
He said EA1000 may be his top 1 DD pick right now. That was well after he had reviewed the Falcon Ultra.
I don't think he's done a straight comparison though between the two, so who knows.
He compared them in his recent 1DD roundup.

My take is that the tuning of the Falcon Ultra is safer, with a bit more bass and tamer upper mids. But the passive radiator on the EA1000 is used to great effect, giving it it a unique sound that many like. Both are excellent, but as always a lot depends on taste. For me the EA1000 wins, but only if the upper mids are tamed.

Nov 25, 2023 at 1:00 AM Post #89,609 of 106,784
He compared them in his recent 1DD roundup.

My take is that the tuning of the Falcon Ultra is safer, with a bit more bass and tamer upper mids. But the passive radiator on the EA1000 is used to great effect, giving it it a unique sound that many like. Both are excellent, but as always a lot depends on taste. For me the EA1000 wins, but only if the upper mids are tamed.
Thanks for letting me know about the comparison....his videos are so long, I don't often listen to the entire thing.
I'll take one of each. That blue looks great, and you can't go wrong with a purple driver on the other one.

Nov 25, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #89,610 of 106,784

Users who are viewing this thread

Back