The discovery thread!
Nov 17, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #89,071 of 103,560
Personal opinion of course.

Most bass Legato
Best bass SiE
Best vocals SiE
Most resolving SiE

SiE is more balanced while also being a bassy IEM, Legato provides more bass focus and less balance.

But both are good.
The gold design can be to much for some. And then Legato is much safer looking.

1684677429663.png

1000013105.jpg
/\ What he said.

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #89,072 of 103,560
You think the Okavango would be a good fit for my collection?
It wouldn't be redundant?
It was on my radar but thought the SR7, Hype2 and/or Neo 5 would be too similar.
It is definitely aesthetically pleasing.
Ive tried the EST50 recently, having the GLOBE and H40 on my collection, OKAVANGO is nice side-grade to them.

The MARGARITA sounds like the MEST MK2, warm, thick with fabolous presentation.

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #89,073 of 103,560
Greetings everyone, could you please recommend the top IEMs currently available in the $500 price range? My tuning preference leans towards warm or warm-neutral sound, prioritizing a fun and musical experience over analytical precision. I'm looking for vivid, sparky treble that's not harsh or fatiguing, along with forward, thick vocals for both male and female voices. Additionally, I appreciate authoritative, fast, rumbly, and punchy bass, as well as a wide soundstage and good detail retrieval. I believe a W-shaped tuning would suit my preferences best. Thanks in advance!

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #89,075 of 103,560
Greetings everyone, could you please recommend the top IEMs currently available in the $500 price range? My tuning preference leans towards warm or warm-neutral sound, prioritizing a fun and musical experience over analytical precision. I'm looking for vivid, sparky treble that's not harsh or fatiguing, along with forward, thick vocals for both male and female voices. Additionally, I appreciate authoritative, fast, rumbly, and punchy bass, as well as a wide soundstage and good detail retrieval. I believe a W-shaped tuning would suit my preferences best. Thanks in advance!
Penon 10th , my .02

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #89,076 of 103,560
Penon 10th Anniversary edition would be my recommendation.

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #89,077 of 103,560
I haven't personally heard it but the Xenns Top might be something to look into

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #89,078 of 103,560
Hi, has someone tried and compared the Fudu, Juzears 41T and Kara? It the difference in price justified? The Fudu is currently on sale for $56 and the other two around $110

Looking for a DD-like hybrid...

Thanks
41t isn't DD-like hybrid at all. Bass is very tight, quite deep, there are a lot of air at the treble. The sound is coherent, but mids and treble aren't warm or dark. Technical chops are very good, not like DD.

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #89,080 of 103,560
Personal opinion of course.

Most bass Legato
Best bass SiE
Best vocals SiE
Most resolving SiE

SiE is more balanced while also being a bassy IEM, Legato provides more bass focus and less balance.

But both are good.
The gold design can be to much for some. And then Legato is much safer looking.

Thank you for your valuable opinions. As the SiE is more balanced, I would also enjoy other genres such as pop more, but the greater amount of bass from the Legato makes me very curious. How far apart are they in terms of bass quantity?

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #89,081 of 103,560
Thank you for your valuable opinions. As the SiE is more balanced, I would also enjoy other genres such as pop more, but the greater amount of bass from the Legato makes me very curious. How far apart are they in terms of bass quantity?
Hard to say, don't have the Legato anymore 🤔

Looking at measurments Legato has that extra sub bass extension.

1000017171.png

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #89,083 of 103,560
Nov 17, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #89,084 of 103,560
Hi, has someone tried and compared the Fudu, Juzears 41T and Kara? Is the difference in price justified? The Fudu is currently on sale for $56 and the other two around $110

Looking for a DD-like hybrid...

Thanks
Only one hybrid in my collection is nearly like DD - XINHS HS3. For me technicalities are very important and HS3 is good in this sense, especially for the price. The sound is darker and warmer than neutral, with some emphasis of bass

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #89,085 of 103,560
Also, I am curious about the BGVP DMA but hesitant to purchase until I have more feedback.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back