The discovery thread!
Nov 8, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #88,246 of 106,678
Not bad yes 😜👍

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #88,247 of 106,678
Is it the Hiby R3 gen2 ?
Yes it is. I have recently tried it as well, quite decent, I loved the compact form factor. Underneath is my M15s for size comparison lol. It's good to see HiBy bringing 4.4mm output in this price segment.

R3 ii.jpg

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #88,248 of 106,678
Somewhat surprisingly I don't see any deal out there for 11.11 that I'm going to bite on. The only time my wallet has been safe from a sale this year. What a time to be alive.

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #88,250 of 106,678
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #88,251 of 106,678
Deleted.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #88,252 of 106,678
Letshuoer S15

Interesting and with a passive radiator here also. Question is have they implemented it correct?

Got one that's being shipped now, still not been a big fan of the planar IEMs, maybe it can turn this time 🤔

1000016432.jpg

1000016433.jpg
Short answer NO

Attachments

• 20231030_143627.jpg
    20231030_143627.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 8, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #88,253 of 106,678
Nov 8, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #88,254 of 106,678
As an IT engineer with decades of experience I sign this.
As long as you transfer your DIGITAL data even you transfer it correctly or do not transfer at all (later case is when you experience dropouts or no signal for any reason). There is no in-between AT ALL.

For the analog part (which the quoted post is NOT about), (meaning after the DAC/DAP), we can have a debate if cable modifies the sound.

I would generally agree with what is written regarding digital transmission of signals versus analogue transmission.

However, it must be considered that very often in digital transmissions (entered into a transmission line, perhaps modulated and not in base band) there are algorithms for detecting transmission errors with possible retransmission of 'corrupted' packets.

This ensures that any errors are corrected by retransmission (for example).

When and if a certain error rate is exceeded, then the signal drops completely.

I don't know if such error correction mechanisms are present in the context of digital audio transmissions (consumer level).

If they do not exist, it is obvious that any transmission errors remain there, deteriorating the transmitted signal.

If this is the case, I think a quality digital transmission cable could make a difference, minimizing transmission artifacts.

And certainly the construction criteria for such cables would not necessarily require the use of high-quality materials, but rather the correct construction techniques necessary to obtain a cable that has the right electrical characteristics (rather than mechanical and aesthetic).

So, in short, it shouldn't necessarily be an expensive cable.

Nov 8, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #88,255 of 106,678
I would generally agree with what is written regarding digital transmission of signals versus analogue transmission.

However, it must be considered that very often in digital transmissions (entered into a transmission line, perhaps modulated and not in base band) there are algorithms for detecting transmission errors with possible retransmission of 'corrupted' packets.

This ensures that any errors are corrected by retransmission (for example).

When and if a certain error rate is exceeded, then the signal drops completely.

I don't know if such error correction mechanisms are present in the context of digital audio transmissions (consumer level).

If they do not exist, it is obvious that any transmission errors remain there, deteriorating the transmitted signal.

If this is the case, I think a quality digital transmission cable could make a difference, minimizing transmission artifacts.

And certainly the construction criteria for such cables would not necessarily require the use of high-quality materials, but rather the correct construction techniques necessary to obtain a cable that has the right electrical characteristics (rather than mechanical and aesthetic).

So, in short, it shouldn't necessarily be an expensive cable.
Not to contradict you, just a simple math:
USB2 is 480Megabit/s while 24-bit/192kHz audio data rate is 9216kbps . USB2 can transfer roughly 50 of those streams at the same time if my calculations are correct, so there are a real lot of space to send corrected data if anything goes wrong.

Nov 8, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #88,256 of 106,678
If those people exist I don't want to meet them 😅

Is the prospect of listening to their high whining voices berating everything below 1kHz as being immature, somehow ... disturbing?

Some might advocate something with active noise cancelling. But I'll settle for drowning them out with drums and bass guitars.

Hmmmm "Drowning"...:smiling_imp:

Nov 8, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #88,257 of 106,678
Not to contradict you, just a simple math:
USB2 is 480Megabit/s while 24-bit/192kHz audio data rate is 9216kbps . USB2 can transfer roughly 50 of those streams at the same time if my calculations are correct, so there are a real lot of space to send corrected data if anything goes wrong.

Yes, yes, that's all right.

What I was writing is that I don't know whether or not systems for checking transmission errors exist in our audio equipment, with any possible remedies
(as happens, for example, in the Ethernet or TCP/IP context).

If there were no error correction systems, understand that no matter how 'big' the tube that carries the data (aka USB cable) is, the errors would still exist and would not be corrected

(it remains to be seen how audible these errors would eventually be , but that's another story).

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #88,258 of 106,678
I would like some advice on the S&S dune. I would like to get them, but I have strong doubts about their largest size (XL 13mm). I am aware of their shape difference from normal, but I have no idea if they can provide a sufficient seal for me as a size 14mm user. Is there anyone here who uses size 14mm and has personal experience with this? Thank you in advance for any advice.
They are great for bullet shaped IEM's, as the smallish XL does provide a really good seal. For regular IEM's, from my experience, no, the XL is too small for 14mm ears, so the seal is negligible. Again, from my experience of needing typically 14mm to get a good to perfect seal.

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #88,259 of 106,678
Nov 8, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #88,260 of 106,678
They are great for bullet shaped IEM's, as the smallish XL does provide a really good seal. For regular IEM's, from my experience, no, the XL is too small for 14mm ears, so the seal is negligible. Again, from my experience of needing typically 14mm to get a good to perfect seal.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've already ordered them, I'll try them first on the only bullet shaped IEMs I have, possibly using the o-ring as an expander. I'll share my experience of course. Have a nice evening everyone, or good morning, or anything in between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back