The discovery thread!
Oct 1, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #86,911 of 103,226
Just watched Resolve's latest livestream. He tested a bunch of sets and one of them was Timeless 2, and if he's correct this might be this year's biggest flop. He called it awful, terrible, treble madness. Way too much treble on all three nozzles.

The only one he liked was Orchestra Lite. The rest were too bright, too much lower treble: Hype 2, Quintet, EM6L. (Hype 2 had too much v-shape also.)

He made the disclaimer that he's sensitive to treble though. All people's ear canals are shaped differently and the frequency response looks different when it reaches the eardrum. So he stated that other people may prefer the ones that he thought were too bright.

But the Timeless 2 seemed way more sibilant that the others. Will be very interesting to see more reviews of these!

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #86,912 of 103,226
Timeless II review saying the opposite?

Just watched Resolve's latest livestream. He tested a bunch of sets and one of them was Timeless 2, and if he's correct this might be this year's biggest flop. He called it awful, terrible, treble madness. Way too much treble on all three nozzles.

The only one he liked was Orchestra Lite. The rest were too bright, too much lower treble: Hype 2, Quintet, EM6L. (Hype 2 had too much v-shape also.)

He made the disclaimer that he's sensitive to treble though. All people's ear canals are shaped differently and the frequency response looks different when it reaches the eardrum. So he stated that other people may prefer the ones that he thought were too bright.

But the Timeless 2 seemed way more sibilant that the others. Will be very interesting to see more reviews of these!

Oct 1, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #86,914 of 103,226
I am getting the Timeless II and I have the Kiwi Ears Melody on the way.

I am curious what these new Planars are like.
There is going to be a lot of talk about these new 2nd wave of Planar IEMs!

Oct 1, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #86,915 of 103,226
Timeless II review saying the opposite?

7hz sending Resolve another unit just to make sure it wasn't a lemon sample... the graph's looked like DT990 levels of sibilance though, or a completely disjointed ear gain no matter who you are depending on which tuning nozzle was used.

Oct 1, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #86,918 of 103,226
My Penon Turbo review is up on headfi here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/penon-turbo.26608/reviews#review-31897

What a beast. So much sound balance to play with. But important is that you can go from near neutral to all-in 18db bass boost basshead pleasure. Sound value is certainly pushed further with those switch.

Pros:
-good balance from basshead to near neutral
-very good bass performance for BA woofers
-fast dynamic big slam
-bass line and kick drum have singular dynamic
-very cohesive tuning balance tone and timbre wise
-natural timbre
-beautifull lush full bodied male and female vocal
-safe fatigue free tuning (unless plain basshead mode)
-good layering and macro dynamic
-good note weight
-plenty of lower mids
-incredibly versatile due to tuning switch
-small comfortable housing
-generous accessories
-good cable

Cons:
-lack of sparkle-brilliance-air-treble extension
-dark imaging
-rather warm bass definition
-average soundstage

1696164981667.png

Oct 1, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #86,919 of 103,226
Oct 1, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #86,921 of 103,226
7hz sending Resolve another unit just to make sure it wasn't a lemon sample... the graph's looked like DT990 levels of sibilance though, or a completely disjointed ear gain no matter who you are depending on which tuning nozzle was used.
According to 7hz who said my Sonus 3db of channel imbalance was within normal tolerance and they test every set! Yeah sure there is something wrong with his set 😂

Here is hoping that is the case afterall it's been years to get it correct.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #86,923 of 103,226
so I was thinking of getting the blessing3 but then I discovered the S8.

is the S8 technically superior than the blessing3 or just sounds different?

Thank you.

Oct 1, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #86,924 of 103,226
so I was thinking of getting the blessing3 but then I discovered the S8.

is the S8 technically superior than the blessing3 or just sounds different?

Thank you.

Never listened to the S8, but I've always felt they are a very technical set.
The lack of the dynamic driver will probably affect the sound compared to the B3.

Oct 1, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #86,925 of 103,226
Tanchjim knows their DDs. This is one of my favourites for a neutral-warmish signature. I'm excited about the Oxygen v2. Ozone would be a catchy name.

And this cheap Xinhs 2-core cable is so supple, so soft, so gorgeous.
20231001_212444~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back