The discovery thread!
Jul 20, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #83,523 of 103,489
Where did the Night Oblivion thread go? Angry mods killed AmericanSpirit. :sob: He wuz a good man, he didn' do nuffin!

It's gone??

I should have messaged AmericanSpirit about the posts. I have a good understanding of headfi stance on posting stuff like that. He has to declare "member of the trade" if he plans on introducing an IEM he is involved with. The declaration is done for several reasons. One of which clearly lets others know you are involved with the sales of goods related to our hobby. So it does not surprise me if the mods took that thread down for that reason alone. They have to set the line for that type of stuff otherwise random folks that work for manufacturers can come onto the threads at will and act like whatever IEM they secretly represent is the bees knees ect.

This has actually happened before. Hence the rule of declaring that you are a "Member of the trade." I am sure it will be back at some point or another once everything gets sorted out.

Jul 20, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #83,524 of 103,489
Jul 20, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #83,525 of 103,489
I should have messaged AmericanSpirit about the posts. I have a good understanding of headfi stance on posting stuff like that. He has to declare "member of the trade" if he plans on introducing an IEM he is involved with. The declaration is done for several reasons. One of which clearly lets others know you are involved with the sales of goods related to our hobby. So it does not surprise me if the mods took that thread down for that reason alone. They have to set the line for that type of stuff otherwise random folks that work for manufacturers can come onto the threads at will and act like whatever IEM they secretly represent is the bees knees ect.

This has actually happened before. Hence the rule of declaring that you are a "Member of the trade." I am sure it will be back at some point or another once everything gets sorted out.

But he had publicly declared that he collaborated on the project without compensation, therefore without any economic return.

So his gain in the match can be compared to that of a reviewer who gets the free sample.

I don't think it is comparable to the 'collaborations' of the usual reviewers and influencers.

It is not so ?

Jul 20, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #83,526 of 103,489
Unfortunately he still has to have the declaration of member of the trade if he plans on continuing the posts about the project. I am fairly certain of that. Its a headfi thing which I can understand, due to reasons above. No worries the mods are on it, I have no idea exactly how they are going about sorting that out. It was just a guess on my part but I have a feeling once everything is sorted out. Should be back.

Jul 20, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #83,527 of 103,489
Unfortunately he still has to have the declaration of member of the trade if he plans on continuing the posts about the project. I am fairly certain of that. Its a headfi thing which I can understand, due to reasons above. No worries the mods are on it, I have no idea exactly how they are going about sorting that out. It was just a guess on my part but I have a feeling once everything is sorted out. Should be back.
Thanks for the explanation, D. That all makes sense. I was just worried that they deleted @AmericanSpirit 's account too.

Jul 20, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #83,528 of 103,489
:relieved:

AS.jpg

Jul 20, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #83,529 of 103,489
Jul 20, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #83,530 of 103,489
Let us know when the thread is back up and I'll re-subscribe. Cheers!

Jul 20, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #83,531 of 103,489
Probably have to pay Head-Fi thier $1500 per month fee as a trade!

Kinda shows the ugly business side of this hobby and this site.

And now I see American Spirit was made to get registered as a trade. 👏 Thanks for going the extra again to bring great affordable to the masses. Your efforts don't get unnoticed.
Cheers to @AmericanSpirit !

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #83,532 of 103,489

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #83,533 of 103,489
Head Fi take a vigilant/strong/iron fist approach to declaration of interests. If you're in close relation to a business / privy to what might be 'insider' information that can usually be enough to net you a 'Member of the Trade' or 'Friend of...' label. For some insight, I was once labelled a member of the trade for sharing information on a release timeline (information that was at the time available publically) and discussing/reviewing products I had purchased at my own volition. Credit to the admins they were open to reason and were willing to talk (after the fact), eventually removing the restrictions on my account.

And having said all of this, I'm glad these labels exist to protect against deceitful business practices.

If it's the same as it was when I was (mis)labelled, now that @AmericanSpirit is a MoTT his messages have to be approved by an administrator before posting. So expect a slower turn around with his responses.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #83,534 of 103,489
Why would I go from an extreme to another. There is a middle ground
If u ask me...

Under 100€ I can't recommend a best bass-warm focused (dual) dynamic driver iem.

Got quality bass, more than enough detail quantity, impressive scene and some analogue timbre.

Also build, cable and case... Are better than lot of equipment over 300€ iems.

For me, they are better than timeless.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #83,535 of 103,489
Got my KZ Krila today (smuggled past my goos senses and not much regrets...)
20230720_172925.jpg

What I can I say - just amazing for $16.
Is it $1000-IEM competitor, I do not have any to compare, but unlikely, unless some weird odd balls are out there.
$100 ones - possibly, but even few KZ ones, like PR1, AS16 pro, etc are arguably competitive.

Yet, as $25-30 IEM - Krila totally rules!
In light of recent discussion of FD11 -Fiio msy better exit "under $100" segment not to unduly stress their reviewers squeezing some positive opinions that can be only chuckled upon :) Better sound, impeccably made shell (vs. shabby one FD11), so much more to offer in sound for twice (!) less MRSP for Krila!

The default switches are all "on". With the bass feeling good and snappy but not too much - I only played with the treble (?) switch 4 - the change is subtle, but I really like it "off" for a more spacious treble and better perceived stage.

Overall, for $16-20 - KZ Krila are just amazing to me.

P. S. One of the the recent talks here was to "bring refined sound to the masses", yet with the first batch hand-made at 10-15 pieces - what would be "the masses" then (??), while KZ is exactly really doing it for more than 10 years!
I am sure - few thousand copies of Krila are already sold to happy people to greatly enjoy their music!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back