The discovery thread!
May 1, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #77,911 of 106,573
This caused me to get out my TTROMSO today. They really are a great set. The Legato has basically superseded these as a bass focused set in my collection but I must say that the TTROMSO has a bit more mellow and controlled sound. Legato sounds more open and has bigger sub-bass but TTROMSO has the edge in mid and upper mid presentation.

I wonder what if anything Tipsy is up to these days? These had a lot of promise. No follow up, Tipsy??
They even make custom IEMs, maybe they are hungover now.

1560FB0B-C8AC-4EBB-8824-EDB8692C4F5B.jpeg

Heck, you don't even need to have wires, just wear them like jewelry.
9151653egy1gzf7iv88ukj20rs0fmq4y.jpg

May 1, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #77,912 of 106,573
May 1, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #77,915 of 106,573
I used Clarion tips, I now switched to wide-bore stocks - even more distinctive treble that totally dominates. So the seal with the arion is there; deeper insertion is scary/hurtful for my fairly narrow ear channels.

I have so many all-,BAs that sound so more bassy than Hexa: T800, AST, ASX, AS12, AS16 pro, etc.
Also not that much present deep bass with my Hexa based on my organ reference music (OK, but nothing special).

My Hexa is the "second batch", after it was sold out and placed on the backorder, if it matters.
I use narrow tips for Hexa aswell, Spinfit to be specific
So just BLON with less treble?
Wouldn't comment on that, don't have Blon myself. Should be warm bassy, natural treble

May 1, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #77,916 of 106,573
Well. You tell me. What signature do you think this EQ has from looking at it yourself?

lol i don't know what you're trying to pull off here. He just share his impression on Hexa
IMHO, if you listen for the whole day, go to bed, listen again the next day, and you still hate an IEM, then there is nothing to change it, unless you didn’t manage to get a good seal with stock ear tips.
So true haha, that uninspiring sound signature soundwhat turn me off, better to leave it or change our library

May 1, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #77,917 of 106,573
Well. You tell me. What signature do you think this EQ has from looking at it yourself?

graph (9).png
Wonky v-shape?

An IEM that sounds like this would be an instant failure, especially in today's market.

May 1, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #77,918 of 106,573
This caused me to get out my TTROMSO today. They really are a great set. The Legato has basically superseded these as a bass focused set in my collection but I must say that the TTROMSO has a bit more mellow and controlled sound. Legato sounds more open and has bigger sub-bass but TTROMSO has the edge in mid and upper mid presentation.

I wonder what if anything Tipsy is up to these days? These had a lot of promise. No follow up, Tipsy??
I bought my Ttromso to the office today. I really like these as well.
I can see how different people have differing views on them. The 5kHz peak of the Ttromso doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I can't take 10db gain at 3kHz from 1kHz.

May 1, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #77,919 of 106,573
New OH300 are available on aliexpress. Ikko is not flooding us with dozen of models every year, so I have quite high expectations.
Unfortunately, it's a barebone accessory set, but maybe the sound, build quality and decent cable will make up for it?

https://www.ikkoaudio.com/products/oh300-iems
it need better, more focused early marketing.

OH300 is a $50, 1 LCP DD with Zobel tuning and somewhat good looking shell where you could see the circuit.
Not bad offering it seems

but it somehow have no FR graph to see in the marketing
and the Marketing spent too much space for mumbo jumbo of photocromatic glass that "protect circuit" that YOU intentionally put on outerpart of a clear shell.
it won't be issue if the circuit is inside in the shell like everybody else is doing...

Last edited:
May 1, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #77,920 of 106,573
it need better, more focused early marketing.

OH300 is a $50, 1 LCP DD with Zobel tuning and somewhat good looking shell where you could see the circuit.
Not bad offering it seems

but it somehow have no FR graph to see in the marketing
and the Marketing spent too much space for mumbo jumbo of photocromatic glass that "protect circuit" that YOU intentionally put on outerpart of the shell.
it won't be issue if the circuit is inside in the shell like everybody else is doing...

That UV protective glass is so much BS. You want to protect the circuit from UV? Make the shell opaque. Done.

May 1, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #77,921 of 106,573
Wonky v-shape?

An IEM that sounds like this would be an instant failure, especially in today's market.
NGL, before I even posted anything about the EQ I can't help but constantly ask myself... Why I'm enjoying EQing like this so much.

So if there's a lesson I can take from all of this is. If I ever want to start up an IEM company. Whatever I do. DON'T TRUST MY OWN EARS FOR SOMETHING I INTEND TO LAUNCH WORLDWIDE!

I don't know where to take it from here, but may this be my 1st lesson.

May 1, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #77,922 of 106,573
I had a chance yesterday to try the new Kinera flagship Loki. It has some (prob. unnecessary) crazy driver counts: 1 DD + 6 Knowles BA + 4 Sonion EST + 1 bone conductor.

The sound is very pleasing and full of energy. No sibilance, no rough edges. However, bass is a little uncontrolled and bleeds into mid a lot. Not sure if it's the fault of DD or BC. The guy at the booth said the BC is "full spectrum" to add a sense of atmosphere. And the DD is larger than usual hybrids such as the Odyssey. So maybe it's the tuning of the DD.

Launch later this month. Comes with a sea of tips and accessories, and two Effect Audio cables (one being ares s 8w). It's priced at 20,000RMB (~3,100USD), below EE Odyssey 26,000RMB and UM Multiverse Mentor 32,000RMB.

pic from tieba

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 1, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #77,923 of 106,573
The purity of materials and build make a difference. I swear I could hear a difference between my cheap Hibiscus cable and the $160 Han Sound? Though still it could be suggested bias? There is no way to tell without blind tests, though both cables did what I was after with OCC. As far as purity ratings they are a generalization and not always accurate.
now, there is 8N in some aliexpress shops

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #77,924 of 106,573
I had a chance yesterday to try the new Kinera flagship Loki. It has some (prob. unnecessary) crazy driver counts: 1 DD + 6 Knowles BA + 4 Sonion EST + 1 bone conductor.

The sound is very pleasing and full of energy. No sibilance, no rough edges. However, bass is a little uncontrolled and bleeds into mid a lot. Not sure if it's the fault of DD or BC. The guy at the booth said the BC is "full spectrum" to add a sense of atmosphere. And the DD is larger than usual hybrids such as the Odyssey. So maybe it's the tuning of the DD.

Launch later this month. Comes with a sea of tips and accessories, and two Effect Audio cables. It's priced at 20,000RMB (~3,100USD), below EE Odyssey 26,000RMB and UM Multiverse Mentor 32,000RMB.

pic from tieba

Kinera also has a planar hybrid in the work. Price will be "very competitive". Will release in 2-3 months. Aboard the planar hype train!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back