The discovery thread!
Apr 27, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #77,596 of 101,356
I can't believe i already bought PR2 before this thing out.

The obligatory marketing vids from the collaborator.
interestingly HBB claim the $40~48 is not first week discount, but actual sticker price.
apparently great with hiphop and old rock (HBB prefered library), ok with classical.

I have the OG Zetian Wu which is my favourite until now; if PR2 will be that close in sound, most probably I will sell the Zetian Wu.

Apr 27, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #77,599 of 101,356
@AmericanSpirit did you compare DTE500 with EST50, looks has similarities except for FRs extremities

I have. They are VERY similar in some respects-
1) they are almost identical in efficiency. I didn't have to touch the volume control doing A/B
2) The mids are very similar.
3) Somehow you can just tell they are related, as in driver type, count.
Differences are-
1) The DTE500 is more reference tuned, closer to the actual recorded track, less colored. It has a wonderful clean, liquidness to the sound, where as the EST50 has more texture, more "fuzz", less accurate but fun.
2) The bass on the EST50 is fuller and can, with some tracks, feel bloaty. It gives the presentation a richness, warmth. Not as accurate, again, but a nice flavor.
3) DTE500 has a really large soundstage, sound of spaciousness. Great reverb.
4) The treble on the EST50 is nice EST, the treble on the DTE500 is Godlike EST!

I think they compliment each other and am in love with both and would not let either go from my collection. But, if I was forced to let one go, it would be the EST50 🤷‍♂️

BTW, my EST50 has the Penon Vocal on it and the DTE500 has the Null Ethos MKV.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #77,600 of 101,356
1) they are almost identical in efficiency. I didn't have to touch the volume control doing A/B
Differences are-
1) The DTE500 is more reference tuned, closer to the actual recorded track, less colored. It has a wonderful clean, liquidness to the sound, where as the EST50 has more texture, more "fuzz" less accurate but fun.
2) The bass on the EST50 is fuller, and can, with some tracks, feel bloaty. It gives the presentation a richness, warmth. Not as accurate, again, but a nice flavor.
4) The treble on the EST50 is nice EST, the treble on the DTE500 is Godlike EST!

I think they compliment each other and am in love with both and would not let either go from my collection. But, if I was forced to let one go, it would be the EST50 🤷‍♂️

Oh you got Ethos Mkv on DTE500! Hope you like it and it seems you actually do😄

Good paring right?

Apr 27, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #77,602 of 101,356
Order volume, loss leader, or govt subsidies? Or in any combination? This might explain how KZ can afford to lowball price a "real PL" IEM.

I’ve often wondered about this too. We’ve seen some insanely cheap sets from time to time that challenge credibility from a cost perspective.

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #77,604 of 101,356
I still love the FAT GIRL, but I dared not post it on my facebook for fear of lynch mobs lol
I've been laughing at the Fat girl name for the last few minutes. It's awesome. I'm glad you posted this.

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #77,605 of 101,356
Differences are-
1) The DTE500 is more reference tuned, closer to the actual recorded track, less colored. It has a wonderful clean, liquidness to the sound, where as the EST50 has more texture, more "fuzz", less accurate but fun.
2) The bass on the EST50 is fuller and can, with some tracks, feel bloaty. It gives the presentation a richness, warmth. Not as accurate, again, but a nice flavor.

Oh woooow amazing comparison!!!
I’m going to order EST50 and now reading your comparison you made me want DTE500 too😂

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #77,607 of 101,356
KZ X Hbb Pr2 ordered and shipped. Really didn’t need it… will likely grab the Kiwiears Quartet as well. This thread is dangerous.
Same here :wink:

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #77,608 of 101,356
I still love the FAT GIRL, but I dared not post it on my facebook for fear of lynch mobs lol
At least you didn't say
"I still love my fat girl..."

Be VERY careful about who you buy it for if you're living in the US.

How do people react to receiving a gift where every instance of the product name have been heavily redacted with a marker pen? :rolling_eyes:

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #77,609 of 101,356
@marklivia Ethos MKV looks a good cable, and maybe excellent for it price
IMG_5529.jpeg
IMG_5517.jpeg

I had Arete MKV and I really liked it, was really snappy and detailed as a “cheap” cable.
And when I sold Fibae7 ultimate I missed it, but I promised to my self to explore higher Null audio but, isn’t easy to chose in their catalog.

I avoid Thera MkIII because looks too bright and expensive and their flagship Aoraki MKII because I don’t want to spend 700$ for a cable anymore.
Here attached others models.
IMG_5528.jpeg
IMG_5515.jpeg

This is the most attractive for its price IMHO
IMG_5527.jpeg
IMG_5513.jpeg

Lune MkVII looks a midcentric cable
IMG_5526.jpeg
IMG_5519.jpeg

Tiburon looks very nice copper cable
IMG_5525.jpeg
IMG_5521.jpeg

And Hakone MkIII looks a great hybrid cable
Maybe good for EST50
IMG_5524.jpeg
IMG_5523.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #77,610 of 101,356
@marklivia Ethos MKV looks a good cable, and maybe excellent for it price
IMG_5529.jpegIMG_5517.jpeg

I had Arete MKV and I really liked it, was really snappy and detailed as a “cheap” cable.
And when I sold Fibae7 ultimate I missed it, but I promised to my self to explore higher Null audio but, isn’t easy to chose in their catalog.

I avoid Thera MkIII because looks too bright and expensive and their flagship Aoraki MKII because I don’t want to spend 700$ for a cable anymore.
Here attached others models.
IMG_5528.jpegIMG_5515.jpeg
That Arete cable is something I want, but I guess my rather large collection of aftermarket cables should be enough 😅

Also have 2 more cables on the way also 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back