The discovery thread!
Apr 12, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #76,201 of 106,568
im getting excited for this as well, like both their lily and calla!
They announced on 3/31 claiming next month, so it will be this AprilšŸ˜„šŸ™Œ

Apr 12, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #76,202 of 106,568
The HEXA arrived today. This model is really good for the price point. Exceptional tuning and a good fit. I would say in can compare in clarity and resolution with sets way above the price point. When you take into account that I got this one on an Aliexpress spring sale the value is exceptional. Let's see how good it is after a day of burn-in.
Welcome to Truthear Club!!

Apr 12, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #76,203 of 106,568
The HEXA arrived today. This model is really good for the price point. Exceptional tuning and a good fit. I would say in can compare in clarity and resolution with sets way above the price point. When you take into account that I got this one on an Aliexpress spring sale the value is exceptional. Let's see how good it is after a day of burn-in.

Agree. Hexa is surprisingly good. Itā€™s a very technical and detailed set. But it doesnā€™t lack in mids and bass either. The tuning is excellent across the range with emphasis on resolution and transparency.

Like you I got mine on sale. I think I paid about $63USD. A crazy steal for this kind of quality.

Apr 12, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #76,204 of 106,568
Agree. Hexa is surprisingly good. Itā€™s a very technical and detailed set. But it doesnā€™t lack in mids and bass either. The tuning is excellent across the range with emphasis on resolution and transparency.

Like you I got mine on sale. I think I paid about $63USD. A crazy steal for this kind of quality.
agree! I really have a high hope in Truthear new product.

Currently I have three brands that from ā€œcost performance extremistā€ point of view as Big3, Trutheaer, Moondrop, and Sound Rhyme.

Moondrop has extremely competitive offerings for $30-$149 segment, while Truthear covers from $19-$80, Sound Rhyme offers from $150-800 segment.

Many of their IEMs offers 4-5x of cost to performance, if one of their product is $20, it may compete with other brands $80-100 offering.

Hope Truthear to expand line ups to full BA soon.

Apr 12, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #76,205 of 106,568
agree! I really have a high hope in Truthear new product.

Currently I have three brands that from ā€œcost performance extremistā€ point of view as Big3, Trutheaer, Moondrop, and Sound Rhyme.

Moondrop has extremely competitive offerings for $30-$149 segment, while Truthear covers from $19-$80, Sound Rhyme offers from $150-800 segment.

Many of their IEMs offers 4-5x of cost to performance, if one of their product is $20, it may compete with other brands $80-100 offering.

Hope Truthear to expand line ups to full BA soon.

Iā€™m curious to see where Truthear goes next too. The Hexa lines up (to my ear) with the overall feel of the full size Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans. Both are similarly ā€œreferenceā€ sounding. Iā€™ve been going back and forth between the Hexa and the Legato. Theyā€™re about as opposite as imaginable but both present the same extraordinary level of value and performance for their price points. Seriously. Both of these sets would have been priced well north of $300 just a couple of years ago.

Apr 12, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #76,206 of 106,568
Iā€™m curious to see where Truthear goes next too. The Hexa lines up (to my ear) with the overall feel of the full size Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans. Both are similarly ā€œreferenceā€ sounding. Iā€™ve been going back and forth between the Hexa and the Legato. Theyā€™re about as opposite as imaginable but both present the same extraordinary level of value and performance for their price points. Seriously. Both of these sets would have been priced well north of $300 just a couple of years ago.
Oh I didnā€™t know youā€™ve got DT990Pro as well! Iā€™ve got 600ohms version directly personally imported from Germany.

Yes $79 with 4-5x cost performance indicator could suggest $320-400ish. Makes sense to me as well.

Well as a consumer and having great sounding gadgets available not only to rich ones, but also comes in a range to other developing nations sound very promising and thus Iā€˜d devote myself fully supporting them till vast majority of future audio enthusiasts would have much wider entrance to this Sound Sommelier hobbyšŸ˜„

Apr 12, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #76,207 of 106,568
I have 2 pairs of AKG k701s. Still from back when, before the HD800 came out, and somehow they were the latest thing? Like 2006 or 2007? The trippy thing about them is they are unique and offer a giant soundstage with super speedy transient response, which makes imaging divine! Nothing really quite like them, especially for movies where they offer a giant stage and are vocal centric! Get them!

Edit:
Oh, they are comfortable too!
Yes my headphone golden era it was too. HD650, K701 were staples of goto back then. I still love K701 for its staging toošŸ‘

Apr 12, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #76,208 of 106,568
You are not the only one who likes MQA.
I like it too.

As I have already written, theirs was a formidable miscommunication.
(dealing something for what it is not, especially in the technical field, is an own goal).

But the product itself has value in my opinion.
(depends on your tastes).

After all, the color of fidelity is only one, while the rainbow has infinite colors.
(I've never understood it so well as since I've been passionate about the world of IEM).

I too would be sad if Tidal dropped MQA without replacing it with something else.
It's always better to have more choices.
Yea I never read anything from them, maybe thatā€™s why Iā€™m not biased.

Just grab and listen, and liked their sound. Pretty simple stuff beyond tech jargons.

Itā€™s good and itā€™s gone. Sad.
But I hope soon there would be a new format.

Apr 12, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #76,209 of 106,568
Perhaps these things can be more accurately described as ā€œflat dynamic drivers.ā€ FDD. They can be round or square but either way theyā€™re not planar. Theyā€™re dynamic.
Hifigoā€˜s owner is asking what should SeeAudioā€™s new driver be called in English,

any tech expert comments?
4A84712B-CBBF-45F9-A78E-848EEC5EEFF0.jpeg

It looks like SeeAudio may reconsider changing to traditional planar look diaphragm from current circle one
4CFAF4E8-A198-4C6C-9073-818097F4FCE8.png

Current one has circle voice coil74605972-5A37-4309-88B3-87286A89F6C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #76,210 of 106,568
Apr 12, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #76,212 of 106,568
Apr 12, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #76,213 of 106,568
Last edited:
Apr 12, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #76,215 of 106,568
AĆ¼R Audio AURE (1DD and 6BA) has arrived, not going to have any big impressions as its way to early. They deserve some real burn in also.

First impression after a few hours use. WOW these are good sounding. What a full sounding low and mid end, also very smooth presentation that makes music very magical.
Treble is to me gentle and detailed. I do understand why some find this as their favourite AĆ¼R. To bad its never being made anymore, as this could have become a classic.
Second IEM from AĆ¼R, Abel's tuning is clearly something good and not just luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back