The discovery thread!
Apr 12, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #76,231 of 106,565
Thanks all for informations.

I'm not familiar with Aliexpress and its games.
It seemed like a meaningless price, and I was curious about your opinion.

Should i remove the post?
For future references, I think it’s a good case study to keep it on.

Apr 12, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #76,236 of 106,565
I've been checking these last month. Some sellers sell their fake iem by adding DIY at the end. So you can easily find Sennheiser + model + diy.

It looks like they found a decent sound quality usually targeting harman curve and selling it that way. And all those people giving positive comments is coming from the harman target's likeable nature.

However, there are some malicious sellers out there straight putting the ads as original Sennheiser. And there are ofc those people buying and leaving positive comments.

They're really good at replicas and this has been for many years for the products like Sennheiser, Sony even Audio Technica.

With the packaging everything they get very very close and you have to put an original next to it in order to point out that differences.

Usually it used to be workmanship. Like fake ones having some remaining glue, plastic at the edges. Then it follows with slight color differences, text texture and spelling mistakes.

However, for a newbie it's hard to understand that as they can't afford to buy the actual one. So, it's like win win. You buy a Sennheiser ie900 with 60-70% discount with all those accessories very similar to the original.

Take this with a pinch of salt but I belive they take a good DD in the market from a manufacturer and putting inside these shells. I believe it'd cost around 50 normally if it wasn't sold that way. Very good job though.

I've seen one seller put one like that. I went their history and it showed me that they were selling fake jbl speakers. However, they screwed these up big time that letters were falling off, the side passive drivers were not strong enough to hold the pressure so they were exploding. I don't even count battery, sound quality and water resistance issues.

This is important. What shocks me the most and makes me double check each time sth on AE that they let this seller exist! After all those negative comments. So the seller removed all Jbl products. Switched from a so called official Jbl seller to Sennheiser sellers.

That makes you think. Maybe I should buy and prove that it's fake. Well good luck. I saw comments that people's refund claims were rejected or they got amounts like 2$. Joke right? AE will never gain my trust because of these.

Avoid at all costs...

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #76,237 of 106,565
Aliexpress x Sennheiser = Worst combination you’d try.

Is it just me or anyone see the Sennheiser logo is waving?

Product name: SENNHEISER IE900 HiFi Music Headset High End Dynamic Earbuds In-Ear Dynamic Noise Isolation Sports Game Headphones
In the same store another product: 100% Original SENNHEISER IE 500 Pro In-Ear Audio Earphones Monitor Wired Earbuds Stereo Bass Sound Headphones Music Headset Mic

"100% Original" makes it much more legit
SENNHEISER IE900 looks suspicious but IE500 must be 100% Original. What a brilliant tactic :L3000:

Apr 12, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #76,238 of 106,565
ok, but why ‘Sennheiser Global Store” ?
In the past I bought a lenovo phone on AE from the store named as Official Lenovo Store. They indeed seemed legit making many giveaways, campaigns etc. However I doubt and I asked AE customer service if they can really guarantee that. They kinda checked and said yes. I said do you have any requirements to give that title to a store with an official brand. They again said yes and added that I have their support beside me always.

Bought the phone and it was full of bugs. I remember I recorded like 15 videos showing each bug. Prepared an entire document and uploaded on the cloud. Result? I got 30$ refund and left with the phone.

I got rid of it later but here's funny. I was checking my order history and went to my purchase from Official Lenovo Store. I saw completely different name when I clicked on the seller inside my order. They were selling some cheap beauty products nothing electronic.

I searched Lenovo Official Store and there was another one again. I asked AE about this. How's it possible just after a year a store just disappears or turns into sth totally unrelated. You might say it's possible. Well yes. But this shouldn't be possible. Especially if you exist on a platform like ae claiming that you're official. Ae must do checks and never let others to have that. However it looks like so easy to do there. And I got answer from Ae that even their agents had no idea. Be always doubtful!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #76,239 of 106,565
Hifigo‘s owner is asking what should SeeAudio’s new driver be called in English,

any tech expert comments?
4A84712B-CBBF-45F9-A78E-848EEC5EEFF0.jpeg

It looks like SeeAudio may reconsider changing to traditional planar look diaphragm from current circle one
4CFAF4E8-A198-4C6C-9073-818097F4FCE8.png
Current one has circle voice coil74605972-5A37-4309-88B3-87286A89F6C4.jpeg
O-ring Planar driver.

Apr 12, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #76,241 of 106,565
This is the company. About six months old.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Attachments

• IMG_20230412_223718.jpg
    IMG_20230412_223718.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 12, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #76,242 of 106,565
AüR Audio AURE (1DD and 6BA) has arrived, not going to have any big impressions as its way to early. They deserve some real burn in also.

First impression after a few hours use. WOW these are good sounding. What a full sounding low and mid end, also very smooth presentation that makes music very magical.
Treble is to me gentle and detailed. I do understand why some find this as their favourite AüR. To bad its never being made anymore, as this could have become a classic.
Second IEM from AüR, Abel's tuning is clearly something good and not just luck.

Wow!

Great info.
AuR Audio surely deserves more attention(well right now it’s enough attentio because the demand is far beyond 1-man craftshop production capacity)

As AuR is trying on 3D printed shell, we may see an increase in productivity there.

Speaking of one-man workshop IEM, I can cover a couple of niche startup Japanese ones that I recently connected with:

I believe all of them may show up in Japanese monthly CanJam scheduled on 4/29, those lucky guys living in Japan could try it.

First is Lifelike: Not in production yet
Twitter

I’d like to honor a Japanese startup by former either Canon / Fujifilm / Richo engineer. The brand name is Lifelike.

He seems very professional in design and acousrics, that the little knob resembles to 64A’s apex-system is actually “acoustic stealth” adjustment knob. Either it’s a adjustable pressure release and/or internal resonance moderator, I’m highly interested in this IEM.

I’m getting in touch with him, his first IEM debut is scheduled at 4/29, Japanese monthly CanJam.

7FD2600C-A74D-4FEC-937B-0C1483D25BE3.png61668861-A2A9-4625-B323-575C69D27FBF.jpeg

Second is G4 Earphone: In Production with limited capacity
Twitter
JDM (Japan Domestic Market) Only, same to AuRAudio, there is only one craftman who’s polishing the IEM from the scratch.

Brand specialized in single BA+internal acoustic chamber, gaining very good reputation in Japan. Pricey side as it’s a small craftman shop $150 ish.

It has unique structure on shell which I’m not sure if that’s for decorative or acoustic purpose, but hey it looks wicked.
E8EABAEE-94D5-4887-AB35-F0F2EE606CB0.jpeg

Last one is MYLESTONE : Not in Production yet
Twitter
7D669ABB-E83E-4859-9E31-24896CD1456F.jpeg

Flat and slightly low-frequency bandwidth balance
Silky highs between BA and ES drivers
7BA/4-way (S-Low/Low/Mid/High)

Apr 12, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #76,244 of 106,565
This is the company. About six months old.

GetAttachmentThumbnail
Great disclaimer statement “above info is self-proclaimed and Aliexpress is not responsible for any damage“

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #76,245 of 106,565
Received the KiwiEars Orchestra Lite for review today.

2X2A1093.jpeg

8 BA config, 2 of them Knowles 22955 woofers and the remainder are "custom" BAs, which is usually the speak for "Bellsing".

2X2A1097.jpeg

Build is good. Not the most transparent resin (a step down from the one Dunu uses on SA6) but competent for the price. I think the green color looks more striking than the blue one. Also that tri-bore nozzle is thicc. Might cause discomfort for those with smaller ear-canals.

2X2A1122.jpeg

As for the sound, I have only listened to them for about an hour, but enough time to form some impressions. First of all, the stock tips are kinda useless. They barely fit the nozzle and not the most comfortable around. I switched to CP-100+ immediately.

The overall tuning is warm and mid-centric. Bass is not the best, kinda wooly and lacking in impact. Knowles woofers are not my favorite and this further cements that notion.

The mids sound good. Male vocals have adequate heft when it comes to baritone vocals. Female vocals sound excellent too, I like how they never veer into shout territory.

Treble is where I find some more issues. It's too polite and muted. Air is lacking. This robs hi-hats and cymbals of their resonance and characteristic "energy". As a byproduct, there is a lack of "engagement" since even the low and mid-treble are way too safely handled. Staging was decent, imaging seemed alright but need more time to assess that.

1681340863701.png

Overall, a bit too safely tuned for me, and the meh bass response doesn't help. I will listen to them longer before finishing the review but it seems like an "almost-there" product for now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back