The discovery thread!
Jan 23, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #71,611 of 106,703
Jan 23, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #71,612 of 106,703
Actually the opposite, without high power it returns elevated bass, with high power it becomes more flat just what manufacturer’s FR claims.

I have Tanchijim Tanya, Moondrop Quarks both OG/DSP model, and may recommend Vesna over those. Not sure about little Q of KBEar if it uses 6mm LCP I’m sure that’s as good as Vesna

Cheers, i've ordered some Vesnas. May pick up the Tanya as well to have as a back up. Suddenly finding myself without a beater set was quite disruptive to my listening habits over the last couple of weeks.

Little Q uses a "composite" diaphragm.. could be anything. They don't review as well as the other two. Half the price though.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #71,613 of 106,703
Cheers, i've ordered some Vesnas. May pick up the Tanya as well to have as a back up. Suddenly fining myself without a beater set was quite disruptive to my listening habits over the last couple of weeks.

Little Q uses a "composite" diaphragm.. could be anything. They don't review as well as the other two. Half the price though.
Sounds like a good choice!

I’ve done some coverage for the bullet IEMs on this post as well.

Please let me know if you find any good bullet IEM, I like bullet IEMs as they are very side sleeping friendly👍

Jan 23, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #71,614 of 106,703

Please let me know if you find any good bullet IEM, I like bullet IEMs as they are very side sleeping friendly👍

Bro the entire Final E series are bullet shaped, though E500 - 3000 have non-detachable cables, whereas the higher end E4000/5000 have detachable cables, but are hard to drive (especially E5000). E4000 is warm, but E5000 is L shaped and even warmer/darker. Thick note weight. Bass is very boomy and bloated without proper power, and technicalities are not the best though (for both E4000 and E5000).

I think you have the E500, but have you tried the rest? Though sleeping with a non-detachable IEM may be asking for trouble if an awkward yank makes it a white elephant, so perhaps consider a detachable set for sleep.

Another bullet shaped daily driver I use is the Sony XBA N3. Don't think it is in production any more. Even though it is a hybrid, it has very good timbre (Sony puts foams in the nozzles to tame their BAs), and it is L shaped, smooth and non fatiguing, huge soundstage, though technically maybe it is a C when it is compared to similarly priced hybrids.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #71,615 of 106,703

Will do. l appreciate bullet shapes most especially when i'm on the go. Much easier to quickly take in and out if needed. Also like non detachable cables with flexible strain reliefs so that i can sit them deeper in my ears when cycling as it cuts down wind noise.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #71,616 of 106,703
Bro the entire Final E series are bullet shaped, though E500 - 3000 have non-detachable cables, whereas the higher end E4000/5000 have detachable cables, but are hard to drive (especially E5000). E4000 is warm, but E5000 is L shaped and even warmer/darker. Thick note weight. Bass is very boomy and bloated without proper power, and technicalities are not the best though (for both E4000 and E5000).

I think you have the E500, but have you tried the rest? Though sleeping with a non-detachable IEM may be asking for trouble if an awkward yank makes it a white elephant, so perhaps consider a detachable set for sleep.

Another bullet shaped daily driver I use is the Sony XBA N3. Don't think it is in production any more. Even though it is a hybrid, it has very good timbre (Sony puts foams in the nozzles to tame their BAs), and it is L shaped, smooth and non fatiguing, huge soundstage, though technically maybe it is a C when it is compared to similarly priced hybrids.
Thanks, I have E500, E1000, VR3000 (basically E3000’s driver in different shell), and not impressed anything above E500, due to the tuning so yea I’m happy with Vesna / Quarks DSP😄

Ah! I forgot about SONY! I have couple of XBA but couldn’t find😞 I don’t recall if I bad N3, yea thanks for bringing it up, I may give it a try👍

Apparently that SONY reminded me of EXQ1, probably the best performing bullet IEM of all time and extremely hard to drive one. I still have it and EXQ1 is pretty functional , the ancient Sony flagship EXQ1 was. It was like old IER-Z1R, costed around 300k JPY (3 - 4 K USD back then with stronger yen exchange rate back then). Still holds good resolution even being a bullet IEM (better than ER4 back then). Unfortunately it is pretty V-shape and not really hifi, I blame V-tune trend of 90s forced SONY to tune their flagship to TRN style (yes TRN has 90’s V-spirit)

https://amzn.asia/d/cXjY9Sh

Jan 23, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #71,617 of 106,703
Jan 23, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #71,619 of 106,703
Hello friends,

I have just shared my unboxing of two brand new products, the LETSHUOER x Gizaudio Galileo and the MOONDROP Droplet on my Youtube.

Both the IEMs sound pretty good, Galileo sounds smooth, and refined while the Droplet has got a fun, lively sound with a super comfortable fit. Galileo surely has a clean presentation. Vocals are pretty darn good on the Galileo. Do enjoy the video here and don't forget to leave me a like :)

Jan 23, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #71,620 of 106,703
Hello friends,

I have just shared my unboxing of two brand new products, the LETSHUOER x Gizaudio Galileo and the MOONDROP Droplet on my Youtube.

Both the IEMs sound pretty good, Galileo sounds smooth, and refined while the Droplet has got a fun, lively sound with a super comfortable fit. Galileo surely has a clean presentation. Vocals are pretty darn good on the Galileo. Do enjoy the video here and don't forget to leave me a like :)

Nice! Any info about MRSP of both?

Jan 23, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #71,621 of 106,703
Has there been any announcement for the price of Galileo?

Jan 23, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #71,622 of 106,703
Jan 23, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #71,623 of 106,703
Nice! Any info about MRSP of both?
Bro I just got information that shipment has been made after that HiFiGo people went on CNY holidays lol. But I expect Galileo to be around 100$ and the Droplet to be around 50$.

Jan 23, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #71,624 of 106,703
Galileo might be one of the cheaper sets for vocals, since Timmy has a preference for it.

Jan 23, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #71,625 of 106,703
Galileo might be one of the cheaper sets for vocals, since Timmy has a preference for it.
This, i would say you won't be disappointed at all. Galileo has got the cleanest vocals in this price bracket. I would say the pair is tuned safely as well, it doesn't sound peaky or shouty or harsh for any tracks. I have spent a good 10-20 hours with the set now.

Also this is my new collection for which I will be dropping some beautiful images and some impressions in the days to come.
khan and family.jpg

Khan has got me hooked with its excellent sub-bass, it's drooling. I got this from a local retailer in my country(bought for my gym usage lol). Droplet and Galileo I just posted some content(Do enjoy my B-Rolls please). And Hidizs XO has got a bad cable, I have ordered a replacement cable from a local retailer might get it tomorrow.(Hidizs and the other two are review units I got from Hifigo for managing a short tour in India).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back