The discovery thread!
Nov 15, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #67,307 of 106,797
The only thing trippin' me up about the NX7 Mk4 is that they haven't improved much at all, if any, on the cramped stage. It is quite noticable how narrow the stage is, annoyingly so. Not the most immersive listen unfortunately. Some speculated that it's due to cramming 7 drivers in such a small shell. Has to be it, shell is miniscule considering.

Interesting. Maybe it’s an ear shape or tip choice thing? Because I find the stage on the MK4 to be reasonably large. Not huge but not cramped either. The imaging is very precise and the impression of “sonic walls” is pretty minimal for me.

For reference I’m running these on the stock cable, black nozzle filter, with Moondrop Spring Tips, single ended, through either a FIIO BTR7 wired to my iPhone 14PM or a HiBy R6 2020 playing Apple Music Hi-Res Lossless. I’m usually around 20-24 volume wise on the BRT7. A few clicks louder on the R6, which has a slightly cooler output.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #67,308 of 106,797
Thanks for your effort. Your videos are a bit hard to get through due to audio and pronunciation, not trying to beat you down just sharing my honest & constructive (hopefully) thoughts. I'm Swedish but I can force a pretty good, clear but neutral american accent if I really try! So if you're worried about how well you are coming across, maybe try that? :)
yeah man, I need to work a lot on my pronunciation and audio front. I will surely try to improve man!! Thanks for your kind words and honest feedback. Actually, my PC also went dead I am doing all the editing work on a new software(that I am not familiar with).

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #67,309 of 106,797
This is what HBB says about the new collab with Tangzu: Link

Interesting. These are far more substantial changes than the typical collaboration. The comment about “swapped in a new planar driver” is concerning to me. In fact the changes listed are so comprehensive that it could sound like a completely different set,

I like the original Wu a lot. I’ll be interested to see how these new ones graph and how they compare to the OG.

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #67,310 of 106,797
yeah man, I need to work a lot on my pronunciation and audio front. I will surely try to improve man!! Thanks for your kind words and honest feedback. Actually, my PC also went dead I am doing all the editing work on a new software(that I am not familiar with).

FWIW, I'm an American and I thought you were easy enough to understand. Of course there's room for improvement, but it wasn't as bad as you seem to think and it certainly wasn't as bad as many others I've seen. The audio quality didn't help you out, but you already know that. That said, I really appreciate you going through the effort to put this together to share with us. Thanks bro!

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #67,311 of 106,797
FWIW, I'm an American and I thought you were easy enough to understand. Of course there's room for improvement, but it wasn't as bad as you seem to think and it certainly wasn't as bad as many others I've seen. The audio quality didn't help you out, but you already know that. That said, I really appreciate you going through the effort to put this together to share with us. Thanks bro!
Thanks a lot for your kind words man!!

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #67,312 of 106,797

Totally. It’s always difficult working in a non-native language. I’m a reasonably competent French speaker, but I’m always second guessing my pronunciation.

@gadgetgod : Your English is quite good. I had no problem understanding you.

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #67,313 of 106,797
Interesting. These are far more substantial changes than the typical collaboration. The comment about “swapped in a new planar driver” is concerning to me. In fact the changes listed are so comprehensive that it could sound like a completely different set,

I like the original Wu a lot. I’ll be interested to see how these new ones graph and how they compare to the OG.
Same thought here. Considering he originally touted Wu as the best tuned planar, why screw around with it? Unless perhaps, it already sells well and royalties from a branded colab will be more substantial. Colour me cynical, but that was not an IEM that needed a retune. :thinking:

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #67,314 of 106,797
Same thought here. Considering he originally touted Wu as the best tuned planar, why screw around with it? Unless perhaps, it already sells well and royalties from a branded colab will be more substantial. Colour me cynical, but that was not an IEM that needed a retune. :thinking:

Exactly. Why “fix” what ain’t broken? Makes no sense. My initial reaction is that they actually have a completely new planar set that they could have launched under a different name… but decided to call Wu II HBB to try and drive increased sales. We’ll need them to be in the wild before any real assessments can be made.

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #67,315 of 106,797
Totally. It’s always difficult working in a non-native language. I’m a reasonably competent French speaker, but I’m always second guessing my pronunciation.

Same here. As far as vocabulary goes I'm fluent in a couple non-native languages, but I know I have plenty of work to do on my accents. Arabic is particularly difficult for me to get right.

Nov 15, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #67,316 of 106,797

Thanks a lot man!! But i personally feel there is room for improvement, I am sure it will come with me doing more and more stuff.

Nov 15, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #67,318 of 106,797
BTW guys, posted my unboxing and short impressions on the Yume II on my YT. Forgive me for my bad English and pronunciation. The audio was a little troubling today too as I shot the video at a friend's terrace lol.

Nice video mate! No problem with pronunciation to me, but the street noise could be improved.

On an unrelated note, you look different from my imagination. I've always imagined you as a lanky Indian lad :dt880smile:

Nov 15, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #67,320 of 106,797
The only thing trippin' me up about the NX7 Mk4 is that they haven't improved much at all, if any, on the cramped stage. It is quite noticable how narrow the stage is, annoyingly so. Not the most immersive listen unfortunately. Some speculated that it's due to cramming 7 drivers in such a small shell. Has to be it, shell is miniscule considering.
Oh the stage is improved. Every so incremental, but it's still there compared to the mk III. Now i'm not one for being a stickler for expansive stage. I'm more for immersive experience, but A?B, you can tell the stage is wider on the mk IV, but no, they are not like listening to the Wu or the Salnotes Zero. Not even close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back