The discovery thread!
Oct 9, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #65,731 of 103,532

The volume wheel makes me wish it had a lock switch to prevent accidental volume increase. The Price looks very reasonable though.

089B94B3-352E-494C-88B9-21AD6283FC8D.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #65,732 of 103,532
After reading about these, I decided to buy the Aür Audio Aure.

Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Impedance: 26 ohm© at 1 kHz
Sensitivity: 111dB at 1 kHz

Bass (1): Proprietary 8mm DD
Midrange (2): Knowles Custom Midrange Driver
Treble (4): Knowles Custom Dual Tweeter

These are a balanced set with clarity and detail retrieval beyond their price of 370 USD, to my ears. It is a small business setup by two audiophiles and they deserve to be supported, so I bought a set.
Is it related with the Aure Audio brand ? 🤔

https://www.instagram.com/aure_tw/?hl=fr

I didn't quite understand. 😔

Oct 9, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #65,733 of 103,532
Is it related with the Aure Audio brand ? 🤔

https://www.instagram.com/aure_tw/?hl=fr

I didn't quite understand. 😔
I believe they are different businesses. These guys are Singaporeans and based in Singapore.

EDIT: This is the email address if any is looking buy: nicolashjteo@gmail.com

I am told the website is under construction.

The link you posted appears to be Taiwanese or at least based in Taiwan.

The perils of having a business which sell across the world is that the name might clash with another company in a country you never dreamed of.

Worse still the name of your product could mean something unspeakable in another language. That is why large corporations spend a fortune on researching a name before they use it.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #65,734 of 103,532
I believe they are different businesses. These guys are Singaporeans and based in Singapore.

EDIT: This is the email address if any is looking to buy: I am told the website is under construction.

The perils of having a business which sell across the world is that the name might clash with another company in a country you never dreamed of.

Worse still the name of your product could mean something unspeakable in another language. That is why large corporations spend a fortune on researching a name before they use it.
A humorous example being a car model from the past - Chevy Nova. In Spanish loosely sounding like “Chevy doesn’t go”…

Oct 9, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #65,736 of 103,532
Anyone know if the NiceHCK Youth is any good? https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004227058894.html

People completely forgot this exists, seems like it could be a promising set, potential competition to the Olina.
This review https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/moondrop-aria-snow-edition.25942/reviews#review-29090 by NymPHONOmaniac compares Aria SE to NiceHCK Youth.

TLDR: "All in all, the Moondrop is from another league here, both in tonality and technicalities and offer a more refined and mature neutral tuning which could be consider less fun and exciting for basshead and treblehead."

Oct 9, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #65,737 of 103,532
This review https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/moondrop-aria-snow-edition.25942/reviews#review-29090 by NymPHONOmaniac compares Aria SE to NiceHCK Youth.

TLDR: "All in all, the Moondrop is from another league here, both in tonality and technicalities and offer a more refined and mature neutral tuning which could be consider less fun and exciting for basshead and treblehead."
Yeah, i'm somewhat curious.
A basshead in discord who love KZ EDA-Bass said Moondrop SE have decent bass.
the bass is great in quality and somewhat "enough" in quantity.

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #65,739 of 103,532

Hum. Ok. This is clarified. 👍

But I think there is a great risk of legal issues.😉

About the brand and model names. 🤔

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #65,740 of 103,532
qwert.jpeg
qwrtt.jpeg

Moondrop Stellaris
Outstanding 14.5mm Planar Driver In-Ear Monitor

High-Precision Sub-Nanometer Driver Diaphrage
Fully Symmetrical Magnetic Circuit

Exquisite Starry Sky Theme Appearance
Comfortable Liquid Silicone Ear Tips

PRODUCT PRICE
$109.99 USD
https://www.linsoul.com/products/moondrop-stellaris

Who ever guessed the Moondrop Planar Stellaris Universal IEM would be a flop, guess again.....sounds like a (full-size) headphone soundstage, big-vibrant and giant? Fit and comfort are top-rate too?

DSC_0040.jpegqw.jpeg

qwwrt.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #65,742 of 103,532
qwert.jpegqwrtt.jpeg
Moondrop Stellaris
Outstanding 14.5mm Planar Driver In-Ear Monitor

High-Precision Sub-Nanometer Driver Diaphrage
Fully Symmetrical Magnetic Circuit

Exquisite Starry Sky Theme Appearance
Comfortable Liquid Silicone Ear Tips

PRODUCT PRICE
$109.99 USD
https://www.linsoul.com/products/moondrop-stellaris

Who ever guessed the Moondrop Planar Stellaris Universal IEM would be a flop, guess again.....sounds like a headphone soundstage, big-vibrant and giant? Fit and comfort are top-rate too?

DSC_0040.jpegqw.jpeg
qwwrt.jpeg
is it shouty?
i think that is the biggest concern from the graph

Oct 10, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #65,743 of 103,532
is it shouty?
i think that is the biggest concern from the graph
You know, it’s that borderline style, but that’s also what gives it the soundstage maybe. To tell you the truth, that was my main concern too...but I used a solid copper cable, and wide bore tips. It’s there........the aspect of forwardness which shows in the graph, yet it still is not burned-in yet, and the energy is not that bad? It’s not condensed into a tight area?

I’m happy as the slight bit of shouty-ness seemed bearable.....but I have no idea long term? I’m closer to basehead nature than treble head, or mid-forward head. I’ll know more in a week?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #65,744 of 103,532
After reading about these, I decided to buy the Aür Audio Aure.

20221003_135435.jpg

Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Impedance: 26 ohm© at 1 kHz
Sensitivity: 111dB at 1 kHz

EDIT:
Bass (1): Proprietary 8mm DD
Midrange (2): Knowles Midrange Driver
Treble (4): E Audio Dual Tweeter

These are a balanced set with clarity and detail retrieval beyond their price of 370 USD, to my ears. It is a small business setup by two audiophiles and they deserve to be supported, so I bought a set.
Nice one Chris. Love how they look! Good ergonomics?

Oct 10, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #65,745 of 103,532

I did not know they were Singaporean. This makes it your second pair of Singaporean iems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back