The discovery thread!
Jan 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #6,556 of 103,548
Quote:

BURN_IN IS A MYTH!!! Case closed!
normal_smile%20.gif

Are you sure THAT Head-Fier is not you???
wink_face.gif
  Why you make it sound like it is such a bad deal. T_T 
deadhorse.gif

It's not me. xD! I live on Mars in Michigan.

Also, I'm of the "burn in is 90% mental" belief, but to each their own. 

Really, at this point, I'm just trolling cute.

I think you can appreciate it.

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #6,557 of 103,548
Quote:
It's not me. xD! I live on Mars in Michigan.

Also, I'm of the "burn in is 90% mental" belief, but to each their own. 

Really, at this point, I'm just trolling cute.

I think you can appreciate it.

^
beerchug.gif

Damn you got me as well, thought you were dead serious with what you said. LoL
Nicely done!

We are know cute just loves a good trollin'
wink_face.gif

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #6,559 of 103,548
Quote:
My 500s? 

A good 200-300 hours. They were my daily driver for a good 3-4 months.

My Somics?

80-90 hours. I got them about a month and a half ago.

OK, thanks, by tommorow my Somics with have over 80hrs burn in/listening on them I will check back to see if they are better than my S500's with 200-300 hrs on them.  Hope the Somics change that much over night!  That would be delightful!

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #6,560 of 103,548
Quote:
I do believe in all that wire mumbo jumbo, why you think i was so interested in buying your sets??? No use crying over spilled milk but.................

Cute's trolling be hurtful!
..............it's not fun anymore.
biggrin.gif

Just get the Somic's put the HM5 pads on, and EQ 30hz up 2db, and you got the same sound as my modded S500's!  So easy even a cave man can do it!  LOL

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #6,561 of 103,548
Quote:

OK, thanks, by tommorow my Somics with have over 80hrs burn in/listening on them I will check back to see if they are better than my S500's with 200-300 hrs on them.  Hope the Somics change that much over night!  That would be delightful!

Our Somics/HA-S500s will have identical hours on them?

Freaky!

Here was my basic burn-in progression.

0-30: Upper-mids prominent and shouty
(PAD CHANGE TO HM5)
30-40 hours: Upper-mids still prominent, treble a bit prominent as well
40-60 hours: treble simmers down
60-80 hours: Pad change to 840, bass boosts up, upper mids simmer down.

The bass is getting less boomy, and the treble's getting a bit brighter, but that seems to be more a psychological adjustment than anything.

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #6,562 of 103,548
Quote:

That's root beer, right?

Anyway, a few people from the Somic thread should be getting their hands on the 82 MT soon. I'll see if they'd mind posting impressions here. Also, no word back yet from Somic on the difference between the PRO and the MT.

Pissssh, who drinks root beer nowadayz. That is some bubbly martinellis baby!!! I stay classy meng.

Quote:

Just get the Somic's put the HM5 pads on, and EQ 30hz up 2db, and you got the same sound as my modded S500's!  So easy even a cave man can do it!  LOL

Will do Chuck will do. Cuz cavemen like me don't gots the mad re-wiring skills like our ol' crazy Chucky does. Thanks for the tip!

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #6,564 of 103,548
Quote:
16 year olds drink root beer nowadayz. XD

Edit: Broke 16 year olds don't know what Martinelli's is. xD

Damn it Cash you're making me thirsty now!!! More thirsty than cutes trolling with those promised pics of his modded S500s. DAT THIRST IS REAL! He better deliver on the goods since his daughter is back with his precious camera and all. If not, oh boi!!! Sf is gonna explode.

Edit: On man you are missing out, it will make your head explode like psy ducks it's so great.
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #6,565 of 103,548
Quote:
Damn it Cash you're making me thirsty now!!! More thirsty than cutes trolling with those promised pics of his modded S500s. DAT THIRST IS REAL! He better deliver on the goods since his daughter is back with his precious camera and all. If not, oh boi!!! Sf is gonna explode.

Thirsty in the literal sense, or thirsty in the Kanye-West-Mercy sort of way?

Also, am I the only person who is really looking forward to Dsnuts impressions of these EFis or what?

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #6,566 of 103,548
Quote:
Thirsty in the literal sense, or thirsty in the Kanye-West-Mercy sort of way?

Also, am I the only person who is really looking forward to Dsnuts impressions of these EFis or what?

Thirsty as in waiting for Lupe's Lasers album to drop thirsty. LMAO

..................................................Dat loopy is horrible to his fans. T_T

edit: Yeppp so am i, i really want to see how those MH463 fully open backs stack up to that new ATH ADs of his. 

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #6,567 of 103,548
Quote:
Thirsty as in waiting for Lupe's Lasers album to drop thirsty. LMAO

..................................................Dat loopy is horrible to his fans. T_T

edit: Yeppp so am i, i really want to see how those MH463 fully open backs stack up to that new ATH ADs of his. 

Ouch. Buzzkill on being that thirsty for Lasers. Hopefully the new album quenched a bit better.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with Awei IEMs? They give frequency response graphs on their website, something that I find pretty gutsy for a $10 IEM manufacturer to do.

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #6,568 of 103,548
Quote:

Ice storm, camera not coming!

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #6,570 of 103,548
Quote:
Cash, I tried the HM5 pads with no dampening on the back.......bass is perfect for me now, it is equal to my S500's bass with the HM5 pads and the dampening material behind.  Now the Somic's have the same quantiy bass with my S500, right where I like it.  That improved the high end as
well, with better extension and cymbals and high hats are brought out a bit better.  More balanced sound now.  I have found some 88mm round Audio Technica pads on ebay, I am going to give them a try as well......I can be fine with the HM5 pads, nice fit and comfy!

Please let us know how you like these round 88mm AT pads. I just received my Somic and don't much like the stock pads. Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back