The discovery thread!
Sep 29, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #65,431 of 106,567
As a big fan of the NX7 mk III, i'll be purchasing this, but they switched out the dual CNT drivers with dual BE plated drivers. The charm of the NX7 mk III is that for metalheads who enjoy speed, thrash, black, death metal, the dual CNT drivers are some of the best bass and fastest bass, which handles these particular genres with aplomb. I sure hope the BE drivers aren't a step back as far as quality and speed? If they improved the imaging and the stage in these from the Mk III, then this could be a real sub $200 winner?
Beryllium is so common right now. Mass production and/or reduced OEM costs, maybe?

Anyway, good that Nicehck is going budget again. M5 is way weirdly priced and its basically ignored. Lofty and Topguy don't seem to achieve what they expected too. Maybe they got it right, now.

Sep 29, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #65,432 of 106,567
Speaking of CNT, I'm pretty sure the Olina has a CNT DD.

I'm no driver expert or anything, but I've heard a good CNT driver has excellent speed

Maybe this is why the Olina sounds like a good hybrid to my ears.

Sep 29, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #65,433 of 106,567
IMHO CNT drivers have great balance between speed, details and punch for bass slam. Very good note weight too aside from tuning.
They aren't excell in one department specialty, but very good as a package.

Berrylium have most detailed, crispy and crunchy details, with tight speed but lose to CNT or composite or bio drivers when it come to the bass texture and depth and slam.

Drivers like in CRA also great in details and speed but lost to texture

The KZ budget XUN is great allrounder too, the bass punch is great 👍, not most detailed on highs

Sony LCP great with punch and texture but they are expensive.

DLC drivers have similarity with CNTs with more detailed presentation but CNT slam is slightly harder and go deeper even not by large margin.

Sep 29, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #65,434 of 106,567
IMHO CNT drivers have great balance between speed, details and punch for bass slam. Very good note weight too aside from tuning.
They aren't excell in one department specialty, but very good as a package.

Berrylium have most detailed, crispy and crunchy details, with tight speed but lose to CNT or composite or bio drivers when it come to the bass texture and depth and slam.

Drivers like in CRA also great in details and speed but lost to texture

The KZ budget XUN is great allrounder too, the bass punch is great 👍, not most detailed on highs

Sony LCP great with punch and texture but they are expensive.

DLC drivers have similarity with CNTs with more detailed presentation but CNT slam is slightly harder and go deeper even not by large margin.
On your description of the CNT drivers...YEP YEP YEP.

Sep 29, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #65,435 of 106,567
Some graphs of IEMs that came.
Graphs via IEC711 compliant coupler. Measurements above 10 kHz are not accurate.
Listening impressions to follow soon.

1) HZSound Heart Mirror Pro

HZSound Heart Mirror Pro.jpg

HZSound Heart Mirror versus Pro.jpg

The Heart Mirror Pro is definitely bassier than the Non-Pro predecessor, but also darker in the treble, with less sibilance. But the Pro version has a totally different tonality from the original neutral bright tuning as such.

2) Shuoer S12 Pro

Shuoer S12 Pro.jpg

Sep 29, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #65,436 of 106,567
Graphs via IEC711 compliant coupler. Measurements above 10 kHz are not accurate.

The Heart Mirror Pro is definitely bassier than the Non-Pro predecessor, but also darker in the treble, with less sibilance. But the Pro version has a totally different tonality from the original neutral bright tuning as such.

2) Shuoer S12 Pro

Looking forward to your impressions on both, especially the S12 Pro!

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #65,437 of 106,567

2) Shuoer S12 Pro

Shuoer S12 Pro.jpg
Can we have original Heart Mirror mid to highs with the Heart Mirror Pro bass? oh.. its the S12 Pro..

Sep 29, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #65,438 of 106,567
Can we have original Heart Mirror mid to highs with the Heart Mirror Pro bass? oh.. its the S12 Pro..
And it costs more than buying the original AND the pro version of the Heart Mirror. Chance of getting something for nothing is Zip, nada, or in fact zero. And we already have a glut of zeros! :ksc75smile:

Sep 29, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #65,439 of 106,567

2) Shuoer S12 Pro

Shuoer S12 Pro.jpg

As a followup after some brief listening, the HZSound Heart Mirror Pro is tonally very similar to the Moondrop Aria 2021, just that the Heart Mirror Pro is better technically. In a nutshell, it is a marginal upgrade to the venerable Moondrop Aria 2021.

HZSound Heart Mirror Pro vs Moondrop Aria 2021.jpg

Fans of the original Heart Mirror might be disappointed though, as the Pro version is a far cry from the original neutral bright signature. The "Pro" name is hence a misnomer, as the Heart Mirror Pro sounds nothing like the original non Pro Heart Mirror.

The Pro version has a thicker note weight, more bass quantity (and sub-bass extension) and less treble/sibilance. The original was very analytical, technical and cold, whereas the Heart Mirror Pro is warm, analoguish and laid back. In fact the original is technically more proficient (in imaging, micro-details, instrument separation, clarity), though it could be fatiguing for treble sensitive folk. The Pro version sounds more organic and natural in timbral accuracy, with the original sounding a bit nasal and thin for vocals.

The Pro version comes with 2 cables, quite a nice touch - one regular 3.5 mm cable and a modular one which supports interconnecting 2.5/3.5/4.4 mm modules. So basically it could be paired with any source that you have on hand. Will do some more testing and report back.

Sep 29, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #65,440 of 106,567
As a followup after some brief listening, the HZSound Heart Mirror Pro is tonally very similar to the Moondrop Aria 2021, just that the Heart Mirror Pro is better technically. In a nutshell, it is a marginal upgrade to the venerable Moondrop Aria 2021.

HZSound Heart Mirror Pro vs Moondrop Aria 2021.jpg

Fans of the original Heart Mirror might be disappointed though, as the Pro version is a far cry from the original neutral bright signature. The "Pro" name is hence a misnomer, as the Heart Mirror Pro sounds nothing like the original non Pro Heart Mirror.

The Pro version has a thicker note weight, more bass quantity (and sub-bass extension) and less treble/sibilance. The original was very analytical, technical and cold, whereas the Heart Mirror Pro is warm, analoguish and laid back. In fact the original is technically more proficient (in imaging, micro-details, instrument separation, clarity), though it could be fatiguing for treble sensitive folk. The Pro version sounds more organic and natural in timbral accuracy, with the original sounding a bit nasal and thin for vocals.

The Pro version comes with 2 cables, quite a nice touch - one regular 3.5 mm cable and a modular one which supports interconnecting 2.5/3.5/4.4 mm modules. So basically it could be paired with any source that you have on hand. Will do some more testing and report back.

How the Heart Mirror Pro compared to Kato? are technicalities up to Kato level?

Sep 29, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #65,441 of 106,567
How the Heart Mirror Pro compared to Kato? are technicalities up to Kato level?

Nope bro, Kato is better technically. But if you consider that the Kato is 2.5x more expensive than the HM Pro, the Kato is not 2.5x better, as per diminishing returns.

Sep 29, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #65,442 of 106,567
Nope bro, Kato is better technically. But if you consider that the Kato is 2.5x more expensive than the HM Pro, the Kato is not 2.5x better, as per diminishing returns.

How good is KATO, technically? Is it close to Blessing 2? From the review of Precog, I have the impression that it is not that good, still plagued by the over dampening (pillowy bass, slightly mushy note attacks)

Sep 29, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #65,443 of 106,567
How good is KATO, technically? Is it close to Blessing 2? From the review of Precog, I have the impression that it is not that good, still plagued by the over dampening (pillowy bass, slightly mushy note attacks)
Kato tech is on the Titan S level to me. Far away from the B2.
And yeah, it might be overdampened for some, lacking in dynamics and texture overall.

Sep 29, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #65,444 of 106,567
Kato tech is on the Titan S level to me. Far away from the B2.
And yeah, it might be overdampened for some, lacking in dynamics and texture overall.

So, I made a right choice not to buy it :dt880smile:

Btw: Oi, it’s you! I have read your posts here and there since my first days in this hobby. i bought FD5 because your comments. We finally “meet”

Speaking technical performance, have anyone tried Hidizs MD4? I am putting it through its pace. Super impressive resolution and effective tuning switches. I haven’t had such fun with an IEM for a while.

Sep 29, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #65,445 of 106,567

Users who are viewing this thread

Back