The Tripowin Rhombus Thread
Oct 5, 2022 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
1663646065400.png

ABOUT TRIPOWIN ​

At Tripowin, we use the latest and most advanced driver technologies in order to deliver incredible audio performance at a budget price. By focusing on uncompromising driver quality and engineering experience, we have created numerous audio solutions that have garnered international praise. Partnering closely with the audiophile community, we are always striving to create the best that sound beyond their price. It’s great audio that doesn't cost an arm.

Tripowin_Rhombus-2.jpg

PREMIUM HI-FI DRIVERS​

The Rhombus features the American Knowles 33518 balanced armature driver as well as a new 10mm LCP/PU composite dynamic driver. The 33518 is Knowles’ latest ultra-treble tweeter driver, capable of achieving extreme detail retrieval with ease. Tripowin’s new 10mm LCP/PU driver is constructed using a composite design of liquid crystal polymer diaphragm layer as the dome and a polyurethane layer as the suspension edge. This new design achieves a uniformity in sound like that of a single dynamic driver, but the tonal distribution and characteristics of a multi-driver setup.

Tripowin_Rhombus-3.jpg

The tighter diaphragm tension of the LCP layer allows incredibly fast and detailed mids and treble playback, while the PU layer slows down the larger wavelengths for more rumbles in the bass and richer mids. This double layer composite diaphragm is also matched with a double layer high-tension copper voice coil for a more responsive driver movement. Combined with a powerful N52 magnet system found in headphones, the Rhombus produces speaker-like dynamics and a rich-textured musical experience.

Tripowin_Rhombus-6.jpg

ACOUSTICALLY CORRECT​

The Rhombus was acoustically engineered to find the balance between musical enjoyment and monitor-accuracy. The new dynamic driver provides incredibly powerful sub-bass punches and a rich mids that is lush in texture. However, the mids have also been well-tamed as not to sound muddy or bloated. The treble is well extended thanks to the Knowles ultra-treble balanced armature driver, but is still comfortable without any piercing frequencies.

Tripowin_Rhombus-4.jpg

SOFTWARE ENGINEERED CNC SHELL DESIGN ​

The Rhombus is constructed from aerospace-grade aluminum that has been cut using a 5-axis CNC machining process. The precision of this process allows perfectly uniform acoustic cavity carving across every unit batch, reducing channel imbalances across units. Separate acoustic chambers have been designed for the dynamic and the balanced armature drivers that fit each perfectly. Each driver chamber is joined at a central chamber before the nozzle to tonally mix the sounds and remove unwanted harmonic resonance. Finally, the faceplate is constructed of a unique multi-faceted polygon design that gives Rhombus its name.

Tripowin_Rhombus-5.jpg

DETACHABLE CABLE ​

The Rhombus features a detachable 2-pin cable that terminates to a 3.5mm plug. The detachable cable allows pairing with other cables to extend the longevity of the Rhombus, as well as to meet the cable plug needs of different audio devices.

Tripowin_Rhombus-7.jpg

Tripowin_Rhombus-8.jpg

Sensitivity(1KHz)
105dBSPL/mW

Audio interface
3.5MM

Impedance(1KHz)
>24Ω

Driver

Knowles 33518 balanced armature driver + 10mm LCP/PU driver

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 7
DSC_0051.jpegqwqw.jpeg
DSC_0053.jpegq.jpeg

Seriously, is anybody getting hyped as to the new Rhombus?

Tripowin Rhombus

1BA + 1DD Hybrid Performance IEM

• Knowles 33518 balanced armature driver + 10mm LCP/PU driver
  • Software Engineered CNC Shell Design
  • Detachable High quality Cable
  • Acoustically Correct

$79.00 USD

https://www.linsoul.com/products/tripowin-rhombus

Normally I'm actually fairly jaded and look at all new $79.00 IEMs with suspect. I just am not sure and guess something will be wrong with them right off the bat. Yet, here was a pleasant surprise. Wide soundstage and complete balanced frequency response. When I got it I thought it was just a single DD. Then upon closer inspection it's a HYBRID............I like HYBRIDS........actually they are my favorite methodology to make an IEM. Then I took them out of the box and was surprised by the unique build, not only that but they are the perfect size, and lightweight. Normally I don't make threads about an IEM, but this is truly inspiring. Who else has them already and what do you think? Any issues found? This is probably the most macho IEM I've seen in a couple years, or ever. Crazy build, and it's comfortable.

Of the three Tripowins I've heard, this is by far the best, and the TC-01 was really good. I'm not so sold on the Leá, but this IEM is the bomb!

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 7
school is out.jpeg

Total start.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back