The discovery thread!
May 12, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #62,821 of 101,017
Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #62,822 of 101,017
Thats review for mark 2, not mark 3
is it the same?

tough it does give me idea on where Rose build quality level lies.

Ah, I hadn't noticed the MK # difference.

May 12, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #62,823 of 101,017
Hello everyone. Just desperate to find an open back in ear monitor for our upcoming gig that is below $200. We don't want to feel isolated when using in ear monitors. We just need it for extra support so we can hear ourselves better. But still be able to hear ambient noise. Can you please help us? Thank you very much!

May 12, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #62,824 of 101,017
Hello everyone. Just desperate to find an open back in ear monitor for our upcoming gig that is below $200. We don't want to feel isolated when using in ear monitors. We just need it for extra support so we can hear ourselves better. But still be able to hear ambient noise. Can you please help us? Thank you very much!
Sony MDR-EX800ST/MDR-7550

Literally what it is made for.

May 12, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #62,825 of 101,017
I'd recommend JVC FX700/750. Their isolation is pretty much non existent. Comfort is quite good.
HA-FX700__42140.1329373686.jpg

A little pricier FX850. If you want to change the cable and want a little more emphasis in the mid bass section.

ltqp.jpg

You pretty much hear what's going on around yourself. When I was using them at moderate volume levels at night, my friends were telling me that they hear what I listen.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #62,827 of 101,017
May 12, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #62,828 of 101,017
DSC09837.JPG
Upgraded components. New Rose QT9 MK2S. Sound balancing is similar to the MK2 but bass seem to have better control on these. Not as visceral as the prior MK2, But they do show a similar fun bass lines of the former MK2 version. Bass seems tighter with similar extension. This tighter bass in turn opens up more of the mids on the MK2S. Treble is mostly un touched. Not certain if they upgraded the Knowles BAs on these but these use two sets of dual BAs for its mids and treble.

The magic of these things as small and compact as they are, has a nice wide stage. These are v shaped tuning but done tastefully with good balance. One of the bigger surprising hybrids and my introduction to Rose technics. The tuning on these are excellent. Exciting in the right places while not overcooking anything. Nice technicalities, pretty astounding considering their small size actually. These brings me right back to how much I enjoyed the MK2. Now even better in the MK2S.

May 12, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #62,829 of 101,017

Upgraded components. New Rose QT9 MK2S. Sound balancing is similar to the MK2 but bass seem to have better control on these. Not as visceral as the prior MK2, But they do show a similar fun bass lines of the former MK2 version. Bass seems tighter with similar extension. This tighter bass in turn opens up more of the mids on the MK2S. Treble is mostly un touched. Not certain if they upgraded the Knowles BAs on these but these use two sets of dual BAs for its mids and treble.

The magic of these things as small and compact as they are, has a nice wide stage. These are v shaped tuning but done tastefully with good balance. One of the bigger surprising hybrids and my introduction to Rose technics. The tuning on these are excellent. Exciting in the right places while not overcooking anything. Nice technicalities, pretty astounding considering their small size actually. These brings me right back to how much I enjoyed the MK2. Now even better in the MK2S.
Ok.. there is Rose QT9 MK2, QT9 MK2S, and the sonion QT-7 MK3...
and released close to each other? Nympho just reviewed MK2.

I'm new in this Rose products, but dude, The names.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #62,834 of 101,017
I just pulled the trigger on the Moonlight. No reviews available but I got a feelingl on about this one..Yanyin is on a roll!! DS you are a bad influence!! Ha!
Dr. Blue. I am in now way influencing your decision. The universe has aligned not to mention everything these folks make seems to be hits. They definitely know how to tune earphones well. Their first tribrid cannot be ignored. Your curious about them just as I am.

Moonlight gonna be special, I have a feeling in my bones! Cant wait to get into em.

May 13, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #62,835 of 101,017
I just pulled the trigger on the Moonlight. No reviews available but I got a feelingl on about this one..Yanyin is on a roll!! DS you are a bad influence!! Ha!
I know that IEM has some secret power of attraction? Maybe it’s because we simply lust after IEMs, and that one has “a look”? At times though instinct can be very powerful. I know just a feeling...........I have purchased my best IEMs using the “Force”.

...............“become one with the Force" Match you personal wills with the will of the Force!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back