The discovery thread!
Jan 3, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #61,336 of 100,642
I hated the Opus Mia when I heard it. I absolutely love the Splash Of Red now, and they are my primary driver currently over everything. Got the Elan coming in too.
Could you write more about these IMRs? I can see there is splash of red and splash of gold. Thanks :)

Jan 3, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #61,337 of 100,642
I'll give a shout out to FiiO...
1641224464244.png

Been spending some time with the JH3 since the end of last week and they are quickly becoming a favorite budget set. $39.99 on Amazon. A 1DD/2BA hybrid that they are doing the FiiO hype on but unlike KZ they are living up to it more. :)

For the $40 you get 6 pairs of silicone(wider bore balance type and more narrow bore bass type), one pair of foam, a vault case, and a decent cable. The cable is pretty handsome, has a nice plug and splitter and a cinch that works well. The guides are the right length for me and stay put quite comfortably. The cable is quiet and well behaved. Might be my favorite cable on a budget model.

The housings are KZ-like plastic with a metal faceplate. The wavy design is alright. Not the draw for me nor unattractive. Just fine. Yes, they have 2BA in the bore which is a worry but they did a really nice job of giving a brighter and extended treble w/o issues. They put in a big 13.6mm dynamic with a good magnet set up. No silly this coating or that. No Be or CNT or whatever. Just a good driver that is double vented and and has stronger magnets so it has good balance, is quick and tight enough to go well with the BA drivers. It reaches pretty low and the lowest part really has a good punch but higher up is till snappy and quick for snares and guitar crunchiness. The lows to mids are well separated and well imaged. The mids are up front and both well defined and rich w/o being thick. The overall sig is a balanced "W". The stage is big and balanced in all directions. They hype them as a toe tapper and I agree. They are not flawless but have no issues so you can just enjoy and have nothing that sticks out to bother you. For the price every aspect is quite good both in form, fit, and sound. A well done all rounder that can be enjoyed by most everyone.

I have only had the DQ6 and CCZ Emerald as my recent budget offerings but this one out does both for me. They match the stage of the Emerald and doesn't have the treble spikes that people complain of with the DQ6. A bit more fun and more treble and clarity than either of those.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 5:11 AM Post #61,338 of 100,642
The past year has been the rise of the LCP driver -> Moondrop Aria 2021, Tin T3 Plus, the new Astrotec Vesna. Prior to that was the beryllium hype.

Anyway, another cheap LCP release: Tripowin Lea

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/tripowin/products/tripowin-lea

$26 USD. Thanks @eagleowl for the find.

Capture111111111.JPG

Capture11111.JPG

I haven't tried the BGGAR tuned Tripowin Mele. But the Tripowin TC01 didn't really impress me, was quite muddy with a compressed soundstage. And Tripowin's debut IEM, the Tripowin TP10, is @RikudouGoku 's most favored banshee IEM!

Hope this one will be good!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #61,339 of 100,642
I hated the Opus Mia when I heard it. I absolutely love the Splash Of Red now, and they are my primary driver currently over everything. Got the Elan coming in too.
Ohh nice man !!! Elan i have heard , its great 😁 enjoy
Tin P1 Plus finally on hand !!!
Initial impression - really good !!!
20220104_182757.jpg

Fiio FD3 - really good iem wish I had used the black filter nozzle earlier, the congestion in mids is gone and bass is now more controlled.... Love it now 😁

Bqeyz autumn- wonderfull little iem , lacks some energy in the treble region or probably the lower notes height are getting me , using the normal filter as of yet , will change and report any changes 😁

As always Happy New year too 😁

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #61,341 of 100,642
Any impressions yet on astrotec vesna? Looking for another bullet type iem as an alternate for my tanya.
Hoping mine gets here by next week, solid spec numbers for pairing with my Shozy Alien Gold. Should warm up the relatively shelved lower midrange nicely. I also like Tanya's form factor, fits better for me than Final's E500, etc.

Jan 4, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #61,342 of 100,642
Hoping mine gets here by next week, solid spec numbers for pairing with my Shozy Alien Gold. Should warm up the relatively shelved lower midrange nicely. I also like Tanya's form factor, fits better for me than Final's E500, etc.
Thats great. I also had final e3k before, but i sold it due to the thin cable and its not that easy to drive.

Jan 4, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #61,343 of 100,642
Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #61,344 of 100,642
Did you encounter this?

Plug diameter: MMCX Cable length: 1 meter Is there a microphone: None Wearing method: In-ear headphones Plug type: 3.5mm Whether wire control: No Applicable music type: rock metal heavy bass type Impedance: 32 ohms
1641319791950.png

1641319701713.png

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #61,345 of 100,642
Any impressions yet on astrotec vesna? Looking for another bullet type iem as an alternate for my tanya.

The Astrotec Vesna I bought from Aliexpress has just arrived.

e55f2c95-5db5-483d-8370-5e7e7f31c3e8.jpg

These are out of the box impressions. I bought the non detachable variant.

Accessories wise:
- IEMs themselves
- 3 pairs of silicone tips
- some USB C dongle thingy, haven't tried it yet. Quite interesting that this is added to a budget IEM accessory line-up
- soft carry pouch

b3eec83a-7238-42ec-9856-194d7e420eac.jpg

These are a bullet shape IEM, meant to be worn cable down. My set is the cheaper non detachable variant, but one can purchase a 2 pin detachable variant for $15 USD more. This non detachable version's cables are thin and have microphonics unfortunately. One can lower the microphonics by using a shirt clip (not provided but can be purchased for a few cents). There is a strain relief reinforcement, so that adds some reassurance, unlike that of the noodle-thin non reinforced Final Audio 3000 (cough cough).

Between the 2 variants, perhaps looking back, I would have considered spending the extra 15 bucks to get the detachable version, so as to use some aftermarket non-microphonic cables on it. Also perhaps to use balanced cables/connect BT dongles. Non detachable cables are also an awkward yank away from being a white elephant!

Comfort is good, isolation is about average for a single DD set. The Vesna do benefit and scale better with amping (as per the sensitivity of 102 db/mW and impedance of 30 ohm), they sound meh from a weaker source.

36cad834-77a2-445f-8937-c3059d2f9cee.jpg

The Vesna are a neutral set. There is subbass and higher treble roll off. Note weight is on the thinner side, but this aids in transients. Though those that want a lush and thicker note sound may need to look elsewhere (eg Tanchjim Tanya, Final E3000).

Soundstage is wide, however depth and height are about average. Imaging and layering is quite good, though instrument separation and details are fuzzy at times. Technicalities wise, nothing to nitpick considering the $20 cost. Transients are quick with the LCP drivers used.

The bass is neutral with a subbass roll off. There is just a small tickle of subbass in bass heavy tracks. Bass texturing is decent, no midbass bleed is present, bass speed is quite agile. Mids are somewhat neutral too, though because of the lack of midbass punch, the lower mids can sound a bit thin. Upper mids are not shouty and are not fatiguing. Treble has a roll off at the higher treble, there is mild sibilance and a bit of a prominent peak for cymbals that can cause occasional "splashiness".

Timbral accuracy for acoustic instruments is very good, though vocal timbre can sound a bit thin due to aforementioned thin note weight.

Compared to some other budget bullet shaped single DD:
1) Final E3000 - E3000 is more L shaped and more bassy. E3000 is harder to drive, and has a bigger midbass, though the E3000's midbass is very boomy and bleeds and isn't tight or clean. E3000 has worse isolation and a more crappy non reinforced cable. E3000 has a thicker note weight and sounds more lush. Timbre is less natural on the E3000 for instruments. In terms of technicalities, E3000 is slightly better in imaging, instrument separation and soundstage, but costs almost 2x the price (for non detachable Vesna variant).

2) Tanchjim Tanya - The Tanya is more bassy with a thicker note weight than the Vesna. Tanya's bass is boomier, slower and less tight with more pronounced midbass bleed. Both sets have good timbre as per their DD roots, but the Tanya has a less microphonic cable. In terms of technicalities, they are very close. The Tanya and Vesna are complementary, the former for a chiller thicker and fuller sounding set, whereas the Vesna is a bit thinner in note weight, but is rather neutral and agile.

Will do some more burn in and A/B comparisons and come back with a full review soon.

In a nutshell, for the price of $20 USD, this set is really quite good. This kind of quality for the coin would have been unheard of just 2 - 3 years ago. Timbre and layering is a highlight on the Vesna, though it does need amping to scale to optimal performance. Tonally, the Vesna is quite unique as most budget gear nowadays are tuned V shaped or harmanish for consumer preferences.

Those who have been in the CHIFI circuit long enough might have something more technical in their collection, and bassheads will need to look elsewhere, plus there is a bit of splashiness with cymbals, but the Vesna is a good ultra budget level IEM for those new to the hobby looking for a neutrally tuned IEM (assuming one has a dongle amp at least).

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #61,347 of 100,642
Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #61,348 of 100,642
I was inspired by @RikudouGoku to find out how terrible my Sora Light 2019 channel matching really is, so I went and bought a Dayton IMM-6 along with some vinyl tubing, and read up about REW. My graphs are raw and I'd appreciate advice as to how to make them more comparable with other published graphs, but for the purposes of channel matching comparisons I've managed to get things to line up where they should:

cra.jpg

My CCA CRA looks to have excellent channel matching. My Sora, however, is a trainwreck as well:

sora.jpg

Oh brother.

a4k.jpg

Thankfully, my A4000 appears to have passed the channel matching test, otherwise I would be a truly sad guy.

Jan 5, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #61,349 of 100,642
Another Sen fer iem named MT600 that seems like a tribrid DD+BA+EST (poorly translated, can be wrong) and priced at 100$
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-22589296570.36.8a936934hDfnfh&id=663378810130
https://world.taobao.com/item/663378810130.htm?spm=a21wu.11804641.0.0.668533b7kDfPyC

Still waiting for my DT9 but well ... can't resist

Edit: Also it use knowles ba
Is that illegally used Prisma Ilya as the waifu image?
I doubt TypeMoon loan away the IP without much fanfare or their logo plastered all over it?
---
One Typemoon usage on iem world that i know
TB24fXIhvNNTKJjSspkXXaeWFXa_!!3460071376.png

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #61,350 of 100,642
My second review of 2022 is going to be something light and easy, a TWS IEM Review that I promised I'd finish in 2021... :)

I totally forgot about those ones, so today we take a look at Tranya B530, a TWS IEM with a really nice sonic signature, good value, and good comfort too!

Read more about this entry-level option with an alien design in the full written review~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/01/tranya-b530-pro-tws-iems-alien-sounds.html

Tranya-B530-PRO-TWS-Earbuds-Earphones-Wireless-Bluetooth-5-IPX-aptX-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-19.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back