The discovery thread!
Jan 24, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #61,531 of 103,134
If you're looking for a warm sounding Chifi IEM with fairly good detail, great comfort, and which is part of the entry-level bracket, the T3 Plus from Tinhifi and Linsoul Audio redefined my expectations from what Chifi IEMs are able to deliver.

This ain't that shouty, sibilant sound that people usually associate with the Tin series, and T3 Plus actually follows an entirely different signature, which I explore in depth in my full written review, also comparing the new T3 Plus to other IEMs to help you find your next fun dealer~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/01/tin-t3-plus-iems-chifis-getting-hotter.html

Tin-Hifi-T3-Plus-IEMs-Chifi-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-Cable-Linsoul-06.jpg

Jan 24, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #61,532 of 103,134
I bought around 20 hard cases from Aliexpress at $1 USD each. Yes $1 USD, not an error!

Capture55.JPG

They look like the above. Just search "KZ ABS resin" on Aliexpress and multiple shops sell it. The inner lining is lined with some sponge thing. Very hardy and cheap and good.

Best part is I have a similar case from Westone which costs $20 USD. Just because they emblazoned some lame brand logo on it, they conveniently jacked up the price by 20x LOL.
Ah, but the westone ones actually seal out water. The kz ones don't.

Tested them both in my sink lol.

Jan 24, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #61,533 of 103,134
Anyone know a good cheap case for storing IEM?
inc. link if possible.
i'm using these from a physical store near me. though they have a store on shopee SG too. not sure where else to buy them. I like how they stack together which makes them easier to grab for me instead of having multiple smaller ones. Though these are not air tight or what though, so if humidity or moisture is a concern, probably not recommended.

https://shopee.sg/(BUNDLE-OF-3)-YIZ...-Boxes-(2-Tier-3-Tier)-i.426291104.3078097100

Jan 24, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #61,534 of 103,134
Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #61,536 of 103,134
Jan 24, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #61,537 of 103,134
got my QOA "hearts" Vesper. They look very unusual, rich color that goes a little pink. Sound-wise: I had the green version a year ago and I didn't really like it (a lot of bass and a screaming midrange at ~2.5kHz), but the red version definitely changed the sound! Firstly: there is no click of the speaker membrane when inserted into the ear, really, in my green membrane, the membrane often sunk and the sound disappeared, there is no such thing. The bass has become a little less, the middle and vocals are now not scream. But, the click is not completely gone, however, to get it - you have to put the headphones in to the brain, haha, in general, I don’t observe a click. I specifically asked Keener about this - they said that the first versions had a small hole, there was a click on it, after they fixed it.

I understand that this is already drawing on a review, but I can say that now I do not feel disgust for them as I had for the green version. This version is better. Oh, I forgot, for some reason my faceplates are a bit crooked, haha, but this is noticeable only if you compare them side by side. And one more thing - they are very light, for long wearing I would recommend them, Probably for girls it will be the best solution 🤔
IMG_20220123_121916_GC6.1_gamma1.8-01.jpeg
IMG_20220123_121651_GC6.1_gamma1.8-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #61,538 of 103,134
I bet you QOA is family/ relations to Kinera. Folks that make Kinera has a sister in there or wife who wanted to start their own brand. Earphones for the ladies. All the QOA stuff has feminine colors and even the cases they come with look like compact cases. They are called Queen of Audio. Lol. They are tuned and designed by Kinera.

In a way I think these guys are onto something. Not enough designs for the ladies. As you guys know most earphones are unisex in design but I think QOA is the first to actually make them feminine in colors and design.

Don't know too many ladies that are into audio. My coworkers think I am crazy for bringing a different earphone every day to work and back. My point is most in the hobby are men, especially around these parts. I am ok with the fellas and all but ahem. Maybe more designs like the QOA stuff needs to be made to get them ladies on board.

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #61,539 of 103,134
I bet you QOA is family/ relations to Kinera. Folks that make Kinera has a sister in there or wife who wanted to start their own brand. Earphones for the ladies. All the QOA stuff has feminine colors and even the cases they come with look like compact cases. They are called Queen of Audio. Lol. They are tuned and designed by Kinera.

In a way I think these guys are onto something. Not enough designs for the ladies. As you guys know most earphones are unisex in design but I think QOA is the first to actually make them feminine in colors and design.

Don't know too many ladies that are into audio. My coworkers think I am crazy for bringing a different earphone every day to work and back. My point is most in the hobby are men, especially around these parts. I am ok with the fellas and all but ahem. Maybe more designs like the QOA stuff needs to be made to get them ladies on board.
but when the second half wants very pretty headphones, you immediately know which ones to take, lol. In our country, by the way, there are many girls who are in the musical theme of hi-fi :)

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #61,540 of 103,134
New TRN BAX

https://twitter.com/store_trn/status/1484834949769220099

FJsxMhMUcAAoeGu.jpg

FJsxNx9VEAAFHTl.jpg

Apparently contains a magnetostat (good they aren't marketing it as a fake EST). Seems a lot of companies wanna ride on this magnetostat/electret hype this year, and TRN is a bit late to the game.

TRN has been more miss than hit in recent times, and TRN's eternal rivals KZ have already gotten big names to tune for them (eg Crinacle, BGGAR), TRN is still playing catch-up. So any brave souls wanna take one for the team and try this magnetostat set?

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #61,541 of 103,134
This is new. Never seen this brand before. ECCI? New on Penon site for $75. A hybrid it looks like.
1643086552132.png

1643086343633.png

ECCI YST-02 1BA + Dynamic Driver Hybrid 2pin 0.78mm HiFi in-ear Earphone

Description

Custom ultra-high single balanced armature

Japanese CCAW voice coil dynamic driver

5N single crystal copper silver-plated cable

Acoustic Space Tuning Technology

PVD gold-plated border inlaid dyed natural abalone shells

Easy to push omnivorous, comfortable to wear

Starting from the heart, YST

ECCI earphones have always pursued the natural and transparent sound , which is dominated by easy-to-push and long-lasting listening, and implements the theme of not getting tired of listening. Reference is aimed at matching mobile phones to portable lossless players, so that the pleasure of enjoying high-quality music can be brought to more different groups of people, this as a reason to open a new series of products Yinshite.

Auricle zone pressure adjustment, comfortable fit in the ear

Wear around the ear, with memory PU hose ear hooks, more comfortable and more stable to wear. The small cavity is in line with the shape of the human ear, and there is no pressure when wearing it for a long time.

Two-way frequency division hybrid driver, simplifying complexity, not blindly stacking materials, suitable is good

Two-way frequency division is a very common frequency division method in traditional HiFi bookshelf speakers, usually provided by large-sized speakers. Through multiple selection speakers with cooperative speaker manufacturers and then design and pairing combinations, physical frequency division and RC circuit frequency division are used to make the timbre accurate and the transition natural and loose.

Multi-tuning damping technology

Front and rear double pressure relief holes + multi-layer tube damping structure, balance the pressure in the ear, improve the overall wearing comfort.

Rich cable expandability

The cable is made of four-strand litz structure single crystal copper silver-plated, and the cross-braided wire can effectively reduce the loss and distortion of signal transmission. The custom 2pin 0.78mm interface is highly resistant to unplugging to ensure signal transmission.

Space reconstruction tuning

Comprehensive use of sound psychology, acoustics, subjective aesthetic, the strong depth of space conditioning, strengthen the specific non-sensitive frequency, enhance the depth of sound diving, improve the sound head space, improve the degree of music information separation to obtain similar to the room listening speaker from far and near experience.

Jewelry-grade appearance creates a light and luxurious texture

The PVD gold-plated cover is inlaid with dyed natural abalone shells, and with high-transparency resin, it has a jewelry-grade texture. The color of the natural panel is unique, making it a good-looking blind box, is a good sound and a bright accessory.

*The abalone shell has an uneven structure at the microscopic angle, and it can produce brilliant and colorful colors under different incident angles of the optical fiber, which is the real abalone shell. Panel appearance is random

Specification

Brand: ECCI

Model:YST-02
Driver: 10mm composite diaphragm + custom ultra-high balanced armature
Sensitivity: 102dB/Vrms(@1kHz)
Impedance: 30Ω ±15%(@1kHz)
Distortion: <1%(@1kHz/1mW)
Frequency response: 5Hz-40kHz
Cable material: litz single crystal copper silver-plated
Cable: 1.25m
Plug: 3.5mm
Connector: 2pin 0.78mm

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #61,542 of 103,134
This is new. Never seen this brand before. ECCI? New on Penon site for $75. A hybrid it looks like.
1643086552132.png
1643086343633.png
ECCI YST-02 1BA + Dynamic Driver Hybrid 2pin 0.78mm HiFi in-ear Earphone

Description

Custom ultra-high single balanced armature

Japanese CCAW voice coil dynamic driver

5N single crystal copper silver-plated cable

Acoustic Space Tuning Technology

PVD gold-plated border inlaid dyed natural abalone shells

Easy to push omnivorous, comfortable to wear

Starting from the heart, YST

ECCI earphones have always pursued the natural and transparent sound , which is dominated by easy-to-push and long-lasting listening, and implements the theme of not getting tired of listening. Reference is aimed at matching mobile phones to portable lossless players, so that the pleasure of enjoying high-quality music can be brought to more different groups of people, this as a reason to open a new series of products Yinshite.

Auricle zone pressure adjustment, comfortable fit in the ear

Wear around the ear, with memory PU hose ear hooks, more comfortable and more stable to wear. The small cavity is in line with the shape of the human ear, and there is no pressure when wearing it for a long time.

Two-way frequency division hybrid driver, simplifying complexity, not blindly stacking materials, suitable is good

Two-way frequency division is a very common frequency division method in traditional HiFi bookshelf speakers, usually provided by large-sized speakers. Through multiple selection speakers with cooperative speaker manufacturers and then design and pairing combinations, physical frequency division and RC circuit frequency division are used to make the timbre accurate and the transition natural and loose.

Multi-tuning damping technology

Front and rear double pressure relief holes + multi-layer tube damping structure, balance the pressure in the ear, improve the overall wearing comfort.

Rich cable expandability

The cable is made of four-strand litz structure single crystal copper silver-plated, and the cross-braided wire can effectively reduce the loss and distortion of signal transmission. The custom 2pin 0.78mm interface is highly resistant to unplugging to ensure signal transmission.

Space reconstruction tuning

Comprehensive use of sound psychology, acoustics, subjective aesthetic, the strong depth of space conditioning, strengthen the specific non-sensitive frequency, enhance the depth of sound diving, improve the sound head space, improve the degree of music information separation to obtain similar to the room listening speaker from far and near experience.

Jewelry-grade appearance creates a light and luxurious texture

The PVD gold-plated cover is inlaid with dyed natural abalone shells, and with high-transparency resin, it has a jewelry-grade texture. The color of the natural panel is unique, making it a good-looking blind box, is a good sound and a bright accessory.

*The abalone shell has an uneven structure at the microscopic angle, and it can produce brilliant and colorful colors under different incident angles of the optical fiber, which is the real abalone shell. Panel appearance is random

Specification

Brand: ECCI

Model:YST-02
Driver: 10mm composite diaphragm + custom ultra-high balanced armature
Sensitivity: 102dB/Vrms(@1kHz)
Impedance: 30Ω ±15%(@1kHz)
Distortion: <1%(@1kHz/1mW)
Frequency response: 5Hz-40kHz
Cable material: litz single crystal copper silver-plated
Cable: 1.25m
Plug: 3.5mm
Connector: 2pin 0.78mm
Ecci is old school , had some iems back in 2010

Jan 25, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #61,545 of 103,134
Hey guys! Here is my review of TRI Starlight 1DD+2BA+4EST tri-brid IEM with comparisons to TRI Starshine, Moondrop S8, Softears RSV and ItsFit Fusion. Have a read and let me know if you have any questions for me. Cheers!

TRI Starlight.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back