The discovery thread!
Dec 9, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #61,126 of 101,172
Is anyone aware of the new entry level iem from Acoustune, the RS1? I can only find its presence on carousel.sg, apart from that no other info anywhere, not even on their official website.

preorder_acoustune_rs1_earphon_1638586694_538037de_progressive.jpeg

Bummer is they also have the pentaconn connector, hence, cable rolling not possible.

Here's the link:

https://www.carousell.sg/p/new-acoustune-rs1-earphone-1129467465/

Dec 10, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #61,127 of 101,172
Fiio not forgetting the budget segment.

The 13.6mm dynamic driver is mainly responsible for the bass and mids, resulting in lush, full mids and potently dynamic bass. The treble is taken charge by the FiiO-developed 2 exclusively customized BA drivers, which are placed closer to the opening of the sound tube for less treble loss. Also, the JH3 is Hi-Res certified.

How about its price? The MSRP goes to 59.99 USD (in the US market). But we have prepared a big discount for early adopters at our AliExpress and Amazon stores. See the picture for more details.

The JD3 features FiiO's patented system of balanced pressure relief between the front and rear cavities. The result is more natural sound, and more comfortable listening in longer sessions due to greatly minimized pressure on your eardrums when listening.

With considerate configurations, such as stainless steel construction, aluminum alloy line controls, HD microphone, the MSRP of the JD3 goes to 19.99 USD (in the US market). We have also prepared a big discount for you at our AliExpress and Amazon stores. Come and get one now.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #61,129 of 101,172
The FiiO IEMs are not showing up in Amazon USA.
Late December. The usual you can order sooner from China but the Amazon stock won't be here for a bit. Really meant to get one now at the Ali store but Amazon should still get to us sooner if stock shows up in a week or two. Can't not try one as they are semi-open and $9.99 promo price.

Speaking of budget...
002.jpg

Acoustune budget model RS One. Looks cool and low $100-ish price

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #61,131 of 101,172
Fiio please knock this one out of the park.
I sincerely hope its not another "its kinda ok for the price" budget line.
FiiO is a business that sells a range of products at tiered price points… I am pretty confident they will strive for a great product at each price point without cratering the sales of products in higher end tiers. To do anything else would be contrary to their best interests, and would thus be illogical.

Dec 10, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #61,132 of 101,172
FiiO is a business that sells a range of products at tiered price points… I am pretty confident they will strive for a great product at each price point without cratering the sales of products in higher end tiers. To do anything else would be contrary to their best interests, and would thus be illogical.
Yeah, Fiio have an upper tier which cause "thou shall not be passed by cheaper line" commandment
its just early Jade Audio was soo freaking hyped with FIIO~! BERYLIUM~! and ended with "just" good for its price.

Not to mention JadeAudio somehow not crossing to my shores despite the official fiio partner existed, makes it a bit harder for me to try it and see it for myself.

Dec 11, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #61,133 of 101,172
My amazing kids got me the 7 Hertz Timeless Planar for my Christmas/Birthday present, and I'm excited to be getting my first planar since I owned the RHA CL2, which I sold to purchase the Mofasest Trio (big whiff). These are the same kids who bought me my JVC FW01, which I sold to buy the Dita Truth, which was a better purchase, but just not a signature that captivated me. I hope it's as good as the CL2, and in the ballpark of my Dunu EST112, but with faster more liquid bass and extended highs?

So far reviews have been very positive, so I'm hopeful.

They should be here next week sometime?

Attachments

• 71NuO1kUUUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71NuO1kUUUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 11, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #61,134 of 101,172
So what happened to the Tripowin Mele? Almost no post release hype. Lots of excitement and anticipation before release, but there's been more hype for the Timeless or the GK10 than there was the Mele. Did they not live up to the anticipation?

Dec 11, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #61,135 of 101,172
So what happened to the Tripowin Mele? Almost no post release hype. Lots of excitement and anticipation before release, but there's been more hype for the Timeless or the GK10 than there was the Mele. Did they not live up to the anticipation?
Mele thread in the other forum is still pretty active. Its pretty well recieved.
Even tough its not Crin taste of sound sig, he did recommend it for basshead.

Dec 11, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #61,136 of 101,172
Here's some short impressions of the TRN TA. This is a review set from TRN.

0cf20576-7762-4949-8458-046fbe8011b2.jpg

The TRN TA is an $18 USD 1 BA + 1 DD set. The selling point is a Knowles 33518 balanced armature at this price; you would have been laughed at just 2 years ago if somebody claimed that a Knowles containing IEM could be sold for such little coin!

Anyway, accessories wise, the IEM itself comes with some generic tips and a thin microphonic cable without a chin cinch. Nothing to gripe about, that's par for the course at this price bracket.

The TRN TA comes in a transparent plastic shell, letting one see the internals inside. This does make it look a bit cheap though. It is comfortable enough and light. The 2 pin connector is welcome in my book, they will probably have better longevity than MMCX (in general), especially with frequent cable changes.

Isolation on the TRN TA is average, it is also easy to drive.

TRN TA Graph 1.jpg

Graph courtesy of KopiOKaya from Audioreviews (IEC711 compliant coupler). 8 kHZ area is probably a resonance peak.

In a nutshell, the TRN TA is a warm bassy set, with a slight boost in the upper mids and a dark treble.

This set is midbass focused. Subbass extends moderately. The bass is just a level shy of basshead levels. Unfortunately, the midbass bleeds, the bass is slow and one-noted. In fact this smeared bass may give some incoherency in view of the bass being slower than the mids/treble handled by the knowles BA, and is more apparent on tracks with complex/fast bass movements.

Lower mids are recessed, with a slight boost in the upper mids. The upper mids I'm glad to report, are very tamed by TRN standards (they have a rep for producing banshees and shouty upper mids tuning). The TRN TA is hence very non fatiguing and smooth.

Treble is dark, with minimal sibilance and little air. Trebleheads best look elsewhere, as there is marked loss of clarity and micro-details as such. Conversely, this set will suit treble sensitive folks. However, technically, this set is below average and sounds lowFI, with a congested stage height/depth (width is slightly above average). Imaging, instrument separation, micro-details are honestly weak, and coupled with the dark treble, the TRN TA comes across as being congested.

There's BA timbre present for acoustic instruments in the upper frequencies handled by the knowles BA.

In conclusion, the TRN TA is cheap and one can't be expecting sonic miracles at this price point, Knowles driver or not. Technically, tonally and timbral wise, this set isn't that proficient, and there are some budget single DD eg HZSound Heart Mirror that trounce the TRN TA, which is supposed to be a hybrid with a Knowles BA! (In general at the budget segment, the hybrids usually have better technical performance than single DD types).

Their TRN TA2, a $50 USD model in the same series, is much more expensive (with an added BA), but maybe only has a bit more air and technical performance in the upper frequencies handled by the extra BA. So between the TA2 and TA, gun to head, I'd say go for the TA due to them sounding ~80 - 90% similar but the TA costing 1/3 the price. But given a choice, both the TA siblings are below average in the pantheon of weekly CHIFI releases, and I have a feeling nobody will be talking much about them come a few weeks' time, that's how fast this industry moves.

I commend TRN for shifting away from a steroid infused treble boosted shoutfest of their previous multi driver behemoths, but it seems in the TRN TA and TA2, they have gone the opposite, for a darkish tuning with midbass bleed in spades, and lower technical performance. If they can get their tuning somewhere in the middle ground, that'd be ideal, but as it stands, I can't recommend these 2.

Dec 11, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #61,137 of 101,172
Dec 11, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #61,138 of 101,172
8A219D79-B697-447D-B90F-1FFC5C6E61C5.jpeg

This weekend, a true discovery: my boyfriend was clearing out his closet when he came across a “weird cheapo earbud”, still brand new in its box, that he wanted to throw out. I asked him to show me what they were and now I have a free pair of Yincrow X6!

I haven't experienced earbuds since the days of iPod buds so I’ll be enjoying what these can do. They already remind me of the PortaPro sound, and that’s a good thing.

Dec 11, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #61,139 of 101,172
8A219D79-B697-447D-B90F-1FFC5C6E61C5.jpeg

This weekend, a true discovery: my boyfriend was clearing out his closet when he came across a “weird cheapo earbud”, still brand new in its box, that he wanted to throw out. I asked him to show me what they were and now I have a free pair of Yincrow X6!

I haven't experienced earbuds since the days of iPod buds so I’ll be enjoying what these can do. They already remind me of the PortaPro sound, and that’s a good thing.

Congrats! The Yincrow X6 is like the BLON BL-03 of the earbud world. Ie smooth and warm and bassy. Good tonally and in timbre but bad in technicalities, just like the BLON BL-03.

The X6 however, has quite textured bass and big bass quantity for a earbud (in general earbuds have weak subbass due to no seal, but they have bigger soundstage compared to IEMs). I have more expensive earbuds but I still use the X6 at least once a week.

Dec 11, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #61,140 of 101,172
Congrats! The Yincrow X6 is like the BLON BL-03 of the earbud world. Ie smooth and warm and bassy. Good tonally and in timbre but bad in technicalities, just like the BLON BL-03.

The X6 however, has quite textured bass and big bass quantity for a earbud (in general earbuds have weak subbass due to no seal, but they have bigger soundstage compared to IEMs). I have more expensive earbuds but I still use the X6 at least once a week.

Indeed! I've listened to a few songs thus far and while the X6 don't seem to be particularly resolving, it's actually surprisingly enjoyable to listen to. Like the PortaPro, they seem to respond to more power by becoming more dynamic, without any added harshness at all. Somehow, these earbuds even have sub-bass! I'm sitting here with a smile on my face :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back