The discovery thread!
Aug 1, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #58,651 of 100,675
If only there was some kind of certification or qualification that reviewers could attain...

Screenshot_20210731-105321.png

:upside_down:

Aug 1, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #58,652 of 100,675
I am fine with people sharing their thoughts on audio gears. Sharing is caring. However, there are some users who don't own any TOTL flagship IEMs yet acting as though they are always right (I am sure you guys know who they are), it's annoying from my perspective because if one has not tried the best the market has to offer, how will one know what's good sound. As you can see, chickenmoon disagree with my opinion yet I respect his opinions as he has the credentials.

Tbh, I have little to no exposure to TOTLs, Turii being the only one I'd consider as such. Also, I am not sure extensive exposure to high-end gear necessarily makes one the best judge/authority on what's "best" at lower price points. Often I feel these recommendations/high ratings are a bit theoretical in the sense that the budget gears in question get high marks for some of their technicalities all the while their flaws which are sometimes deal-breaking (to me) aren't taken enough into account IMHO.

Aug 1, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #58,653 of 100,675
Sorry if the question is superfluous. BUT have you tried playing with headphone fit and ear cushion fit? My little experience tells me that different people may have differences in understanding of sufficient or insufficient detail and naturalness. But timbre ... Bassheads and lovers of accurate, but shallow bass, of course, differ in perception, but their descriptions of sound, oddly enough, usually coincide. Personal final audio score - varies. But the description of the quantity (if we ignore the estimate) is almost always the same.
This was a prelude to the question that maybe you can't fit these headphones well enough to your ear canals? In this case, bass is lost dramatically.
Personally, I check the fit of the headphones in a simple way. If, with a slight (!!!) pressure on the headphones, the amount of bass increases, then the headphones still do not sit down properly.
It's also worth checking the vent on the earphone. Considering the overall build quality, which can be seen in the photo of the disassembled speaker :), the manufacturer could well “forget” to put the filter in this hole in your copy, which will immediately affect the amount of bass. You can try to seal them with tissue medical tape and compare the result.
Sorry again if my intervention was not necessary.
I have all the sednas and spinfits,etc, but only the spiraldots can hold the GK10 in my big 👂👂 Bass is not enough for me, especially subs. Raised upper mids and lower highs are rattle and fatiguing, like cheap ba's sound. sorry. But if You can recommend any eartips for the gk10...

Aug 1, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #58,654 of 100,675
I have all the sednas and spinfits,etc, but only the spiraldots can hold the GK10 in my big 👂👂 Bass is not enough for me, especially subs. Raised upper mids and lower highs are rattle and fatiguing, like cheap ba's sound. sorry. But if You can recommend any eartips for the gk10...

I have not tried the GK10, but if you find something too treble bright, you can consider some foam tips or a silicone tip such as the Final E black tips, those tend to lower treble.

Aug 1, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #58,655 of 100,675
I am fine with people sharing their thoughts on audio gears. Sharing is caring. However, there are some users who don't own any TOTL flagship IEMs yet acting as though they are always right (I am sure you guys know who they are), it's annoying from my perspective because if one has not tried the best the market has to offer, how will one know what's good sound. As you can see, chickenmoon disagree with my opinion yet I respect his opinions as he has the credentials.
My most expensive earphones are $ 200, but I don't think I need thousands of dollars to find out if they sound good or not.

Aug 1, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #58,656 of 100,675
My most expensive earphones are $ 200, but I don't think I need thousands of dollars to find out if they sound good or not.
Agree and disagree at the same time. As long as you are not assertive that you are 100% right, sure. :)

Aug 1, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #58,660 of 100,675
Tbh, I have little to no exposure to TOTLs, Turii being the only one I'd consider as such. Also, I am not sure extensive exposure to high-end gear necessarily makes one the best judge/authority on what's "best" at lower price points. Often I feel these recommendations/high ratings are a bit theoretical in the sense that the budget gears in question get high marks for some of their technicalities all the while their flaws which are sometimes deal-breaking (to me) aren't taken enough into account IMHO.
Maybe I should say at least mid tier experience haha. I respect you, you know your stuff. Cheers. That's why when you disagree with my opinion, I completely understand where you are coming from and I know you are not assertive.

Aug 1, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #58,661 of 100,675
If only there was some kind of certification or qualification that reviewers could attain...

Screenshot_20210731-105321.png
:upside_down:
Honestly, that test seems a bit easy.

Aug 1, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #58,662 of 100,675
Honestly, that test seems a bit easy.
Exactly, it's the lowest possible barrier to entry I could think of other than having a head-fi account. Just having a sly dig at the gatekeepers.

Aug 1, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #58,664 of 100,675
The issue with BGVP is their stuff seems to wildly vary in sound tuning philosophy. They tempt folks with their driver count and supposedly using nice drivers for cheap ect. The issue is they don't seem to have a philosophy. These guys are quickly gaining the reputation of lets try this till it sticks mentality and their tunings are all over the place from warm to bright to both at the same time.

In other words these guys are nothing like Moondrop where they have a tuning philosophy. Hate to say it but your taking a gamble on BGVP stuff. Unless they can go an entire year with new releases that sound consistent and has good fundamental tunings this is the reputation they will have from folks that follow their goods. That is unfortunate but it is what it is.

They are redefining Hi Fi earphones alright. These should be called BGVP variations.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #58,665 of 100,675

My Geek Wold GK10 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back