The discovery thread!
Jul 31, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #58,637 of 100,632
Not everyone has english as their first language. No need to be rude to people like that.
True I agree....however the amount of insults to everyone (Ds included) hurled from Friday onwards by: "a person like that" - meant that Joe the moderator had to step in & clean up the thread comments emanating from that individual (didn't erase any of mine whatsoever.) Hence, if you choose to defend the most obnoxious, insulting, ill-informed, myopic, abusive comments I've ever seen on this site- then feel free.....I for one won't !! (it's the way the insults keep on mounting up - i.e not the misspellings that matter imafo!)

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #58,638 of 100,632
I have no idea what i'm looking at or what's expected to be seen? How about some information to go along with the neat pictures?
Well, I was discussing this on GK10's thread.

The BA is in nozzle and two DD placed in the body. I think the one in the middle is the one dealing with the mids and the one close to the edge is handling the low frequencies as it has its own ventilation hole.

Piezos probably placed on the top of mid DD.

Here's the link to my post I shared previously :
Https://www.head-fi.org/threads/geek-wold-discussion-gk10.958787/post-16477347

Glad to see the inside but it looks messy a little...

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #58,639 of 100,632
After many days of passing between player to player, the GK10 plays best with the Sony's. There's a synergy there that just doesn't exist with the other players. Which is interesting, because the Sony's are notorious for lacking power, but the GK10 is plenty loud, has strong detail retrieval performance, and the stage is quite wide. So from this point on, i'll be running the GK10 through my Sony's, and i'm very happy with these budget monsters.

Jul 31, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #58,640 of 100,632
True I agree....however the amount of insults to everyone (Ds included) hurled from Friday onwards by: "a person like that" - meant that Joe the moderator had to step in & clean up the thread comments emanating from that individual (didn't erase any of mine whatsoever.) Hence, if you choose to defend the most obnoxious, insulting, ill-informed, myopic, abusive comments I've ever seen on this site- then feel free.....I for one won't !! (it's the way the insults keep on mounting up - i.e not the misspellings that matter imafo!)
you're lying. I just had a couple of sceptic questions about the GK10.and then the whole "Geek kindergarten gang" jumped me and tried to bite me in the throat.that's what happened.....'but hey ho !'

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #58,642 of 100,632
After many days of passing between player to player, the GK10 plays best with the Sony's. There's a synergy there that just doesn't exist with the other players. Which is interesting, because the Sony's are notorious for lacking power, but the GK10 is plenty loud, has strong detail retrieval performance, and the stage is quite wide. So from this point on, i'll be running the GK10 through my Sony's, and i'm very happy with these budget monsters.
Totally agree....great to hear a voice of reason!

Jul 31, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #58,643 of 100,632
DSC08399.JPG

So what is apparent with the new FD3s is that Fiio has been listening to their critics. These to my ears are tuned better than the FH5s and I can even argue is tuned better than the FD5. I can tell these drivers they are using has an excellent resolving ability. While stage is not quite at the FD5 level it has a nice wide stage sounds airy and impactful. Very natural tone, timbre is excellent with good weight to mids. Very good imaging most importantly treble sounds clean and don't have an annoying treble spike. Rejoice rock fans, you can listen to your rock n metal on these.

Fiio is gonna sell a while heaping loving full of these things. This is the tuning that should have been on the FH5s. What a come back! These sound fantastic.

I do believe this is the non pro version which I think the only difference is their monocrystalline silver plated modular cables. Which I will try later on.

Oh and it seems they took my advice on the burn in thing for reviewers. this set had no shrink wrap on it. I suggested to them they need to burn in review samples before sending them to certain reviewers as you all know why. Some don't believe in burn in and judge a phone out of the box. So I suggested they do this. Fiio has been listening.

Cus unlike their prior sets. These sound fantastic out of the box.

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #58,644 of 100,632
They sound like the bass and mids tuning of the FH5s but with a much more coherent balanced treble end. Which that set had issues with. They essentially corrected the wrong there with these.

This is the tuning they should have had on the FH5s. Better balanced vs the FD5 as well. You figure since the FD3 is the cheapest earphone out of the 3 I mentioned it would have the lesser sound.

This is proof that tuning is everything in this game. It don't hurt that they are selling these for a mere $100 too.

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #58,645 of 100,632
They sound like the bass and mids tuning of the FH5s but with a much more coherent balanced treble end. Which that set had issues with. They essentially corrected the wrong there with these.

This is the tuning they should have had on the FH5s. Better balanced vs the FD5 as well. You figure since the FD3 is the cheapest earphone out of the 3 I mentioned it would have the lesser sound.

This is proof that tuning is everything in this game. It don't hurt that they are selling these for a mere $100 too.

Haiz, I'm trying hard, like really hard to not think about buying it. You're not helping a bit ...

Jul 31, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #58,646 of 100,632
Don't know if you guys have read the reviews of the prior Fiio earphones but both of them were so close. I liked the FD5 more than the FH5s but for some odd reason they went with a "enhanced treble" tuning on their more recent FH5s that was a bit questionable. It was the one area of contention among a lot of reviews not just mine.

But these new FD3s. If they had this exact tuning on the FH5s design. Those would have taken off like crazy. Well you can't keep a good group down and I am thinking they took all the feedback from reviews and decided not to include a crazy spike that enhances treble. The results is a much more natural sounding Fiio product. Love their choice of the driver too.

This one is by far their best sounding earphone. I can conclude that already. Not to mention their best value product. It took 3 tries but they nailed this one.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #58,647 of 100,632
Я думаю, что gk10 в основном тонко звучащий iem
Sorry if the question is superfluous. BUT have you tried playing with headphone fit and ear cushion fit? My little experience tells me that different people may have differences in understanding of sufficient or insufficient detail and naturalness. But timbre ... Bassheads and lovers of accurate, but shallow bass, of course, differ in perception, but their descriptions of sound, oddly enough, usually coincide. Personal final audio score - varies. But the description of the quantity (if we ignore the estimate) is almost always the same.
This was a prelude to the question that maybe you can't fit these headphones well enough to your ear canals? In this case, bass is lost dramatically.
Personally, I check the fit of the headphones in a simple way. If, with a slight (!!!) pressure on the headphones, the amount of bass increases, then the headphones still do not sit down properly.
It's also worth checking the vent on the earphone. Considering the overall build quality, which can be seen in the photo of the disassembled speaker :), the manufacturer could well “forget” to put the filter in this hole in your copy, which will immediately affect the amount of bass. You can try to seal them with tissue medical tape and compare the result.
Sorry again if my intervention was not necessary.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #58,648 of 100,632
I am fine with people sharing their thoughts on audio gears. Sharing is caring. However, there are some users who don't own any TOTL flagship IEMs yet acting as though they are always right (I am sure you guys know who they are), it's annoying from my perspective because if one has not tried the best the market has to offer, how will one know what's good sound. As you can see, chickenmoon disagree with my opinion yet I respect his opinions as he has the credentials.

Aug 1, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #58,649 of 100,632
это раздражает с моей точки зрения
:) I would not give out titles and regalia here. Personally, I read all opinions, draw conclusions from them. I choose those that seem convincing and that mention those aspects that are personally important to me.. But, of course, I take into account the length of service and the presence of "TOTL" too. )))
Don't be angry, professor. :) If the students are just silent, you will be bored first. :)

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #58,650 of 100,632
Don't know if you guys have read the reviews of the prior Fiio earphones but both of them were so close. I liked the FD5 more than the FH5s but for some odd reason they went with a "enhanced treble" tuning on their more recent FH5s that was a bit questionable. It was the one area of contention among a lot of reviews not just mine.

But these new FD3s. If they had this exact tuning on the FH5s design. Those would have taken off like crazy. Well you can't keep a good group down and I am thinking they took all the feedback from reviews and decided not to include a crazy spike that enhances treble. The results is a much more natural sounding Fiio product. Love their choice of the driver too.

This one is by far their best sounding earphone. I can conclude that already. Not to mention their best value product. It took 3 tries but they nailed this one.
I'll wait until my GK10 arrive and, if I'm not suitably impressed by their sound, I'll probably look into returning them in favor of ordering the FD3. The FD3 certainly have my attention based on their graphs and the form factor, so it's hard to resist buying a set anyway. If they hadn't launched them and put them on Amazon so long before they would be ready to ship, I probably would have broken and purchased a set regardless. I really wish companies wouldn't do that. Don't tease me with a listing that won't even be available to ship for over a month. I hate it when cell phone companies do the same thing with their launch announcements, because I absolutely despise the whole notion of a pre-order. At least they had the decency to send out some review samples so people can post opinions regarding them ahead of shipping, but it's still irritating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back