The discovery thread!
Jul 12, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #57,782 of 103,620
Yup the Aria is surprisingly cable-sensitive. Glad you enjoy them! They are my first IEMs from Moondrop as well :slight_smile:

For soundstage and imaging I think removing the clear adhesive rings from behind the metallic hexagonal filters is necessary. I'm using it this way with BGVP A07 tips, and with this configuration the technicalities are improved tremendously, but it does get slightly thin mids and brightness in the upper mids-low treble with SPC cables, while having better mids but becoming a little too trebly with pure silver cables. After asking around I've ordered copper cables with advice from @Dsnuts , hope they will manage to break out of the deadlock :smile:
You're right. I removed the clear adhesive behind the metalic filter and it sounds more clear. Imaging got better.

I was going through my cables and finally found the perfect match for Aria. Kbear 5n upocc occ cable.

20210713_005939.jpg

Aria sounds much better now. The scene also got deeper. I will stick with Aria for some time before jumping into Summer.

Edit: I should also note that I have driver flex on the right side. Even though I'm using foam tips and not putting pressure on them, I still hear this weird clicking driver flex. I'll try ignore it. I'll try...

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #57,783 of 103,620
You're right. I removed the clear adhesive behind the metalic filter and it sounds more clear. Imaging got better.

I was going through my cables and finally found the perfect match for Aria. Kbear 5n upocc occ cable.

20210713_005939.jpg

Aria sounds much better now. The scene also got deeper. I will stick with Aria for some time before jumping into Summer.
Could you please help me find that? I found kbear 4n, but not 5n. With the Aria coming, I would love to try out your recommendation.

oh and look what came in guys…
image.jpg

Jul 12, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #57,784 of 103,620
Could you please help me find that? I found kbear 4n, but not 5n. With the Aria coming, I would love to try out your recommendation.

oh and look what came in guys…
This one :
https://a.aliexpress.com/_uHmlSt

I should note that I didn't buy from that seller. The price is good though. Please also keep in mind that that this cable is heavy a little bit and quite thick.

Jul 12, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #57,785 of 103,620
This one :

I should note that I didn't buy from that seller. The price is good though. Please also keep in mind that that this cable is heavy a little bit and quite thick.
Yea, great price it looks like, compared to the original retail anyway.

I got the 2 pin, 2.5 mm termination for potential balanced listening.

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #57,786 of 103,620

20210713_005939.jpg

Edit: I should also note that I have driver flex on the right side. Even though I'm using foam tips and not putting pressure on them, I still hear this weird clicking driver flex. I'll try ignore it. I'll try...
Omg that's the cable I ordered!!

Jul 12, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #57,788 of 103,620
Somewhat related to the some previous posts...

No way I deserve my current title while I only own the BLON BL-03 with some AZLA Sednaearfit and a Koss KSC75 with a Parts Express mini headband mod.

I don't exactly plan to get a new IEM for myself as previously stated until the BL-03 is either lost or ceases working.

That being said my cousing said he needs new earbuds. MAY need inline microphone in it.

My sister also lost her MPOW Flame 2 so I suppose I can recommend her a wireless replacement.

Jul 12, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #57,790 of 103,620
This one :

I bought mine from this seller, will probably update if it's legit when it arrives since it is about half the cost of the others

Jul 12, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #57,791 of 103,620
Looks like Aria may have a hype train coming.
*toot toot*

DMS says he thought they cost $500.

Just ordered a set after now seeing it recommended here and there. I’ll have impressions to share too when they arrive. Jeez…I have so many IEM’s coming….

(More rankings here. YouTube channel videos of impressions incoming…here)

Looks like Aria may have a hype train coming.
*toot toot*

DMS says he thought they cost $500.

Just ordered a set after now seeing it recommended here and there. I’ll have impressions to share too when they arrive. Jeez…I have so many IEM’s coming….

(More rankings here. YouTube channel videos of impressions incoming…here)

If you liked Aria’s bass, Moondrop Variations has Aria’s LCP driver bass without any dumper filters that’s causing a loss of speed and clarity on Aria👍 Removing Aria’s dumper filter (outer layer) would improve the speed and clarity too.

Mangird Tea with stock cable is limited in diffusion field, resulting flat imaging too.

Looking forward for cross review👍

Jul 13, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #57,793 of 103,620
So I got asked what is the difference in sound vs the SG-01 and the GK10.

SG-01 has more upper mid and lower treble emphasis to my ears vs the extremely well balanced GK10. This is not a bad thing as the sense of clarity for the SG-01 done tastefully and is also very well balanced relative to the rest of the signature. There is a slight female vocal lift for the SG-01 meaning without even seeing the graph on the SG-01 I am gonna guess roughly 10dbs of pinna gain. SG-01s is a single graphene dynamic but one that is tuned to optimize the driver to its fullest. Coherence is optimal and I will say is more fluent in how the sound is presented vs the multi driver GK10. Your really getting a well tuned earphone here with good clarity, surprisingly great imaging and even though the earphones are compact and is using a fairly smaller shell it has a very good well rounded stage. Granted the stage for both earphones are about average you can clearly pick out parts of sound that is supposed to be there with the SG-01. Both the SG-01 and the GK10 are not overly emphasized in any one region but how both portray its sound signatures is a bit different. SG-01 being a single dynamic you get the obvious benefits of single dynamic coherence and a seamless transition of the three zones of sound I can also argue its treble performance sound a bit more natural in tone and ability vs the GK10. Don't know if you guys have ever heard Piezo treble but it does sound a bit thinner in note vs your standard BA or EST treble. It isn't a deal breaker since it actually has a very well extended treble end that mimics much higher end trebles with excellent sparkle and surprising detail coming from the GK10 something your not going to get too much of done correctly on budget fi offerings.

GK10 is using every single driver it has to full advantage here also for each part of the sound portions it is representing. It does have the upper hand on the SG-01 in sheer dimensionality and is more technical. This is the advantage of using multiple types of drivers. While the SG-01 has to use more pinna gain in order for that better clarity to the sound the GK10 just simply represents each portion of the sound more effortlessly. With lesser pinna gain for the GK10 and also seem to have a bit more in the way of lower mids vs the GK10. Treble is presented a bit differently the GK10 has the better treble extension but the SG-01 has a bit more in the way of emphasis for the main parts of the trebles.

The GK10 is tuned more for western enthusiasts vs the SG-01 more for eastern enthusiasts. You guys realize for less than $100 you can actually get both and have a serious 1 2 punch for excellent budget fi. I spent $100 recently on a set of Ikko CTU-01 cables and some Spiral dot+++ tips. Lol.
1626148753948.png and 1626148799862.png

OR
DSC08330.JPG

Oh wait it isn't exactly $100. Actually these two masterclass budget fi earphones would be $15 less at $85.

Bass for both sets really are excellent but as you can guess the GK10 uses its largest dynamic driver plated in Titanium coating to do that bass. This being said. SG-01 is no weak sauce for bass in fact its sub bass performance is very excellent. GK10 has a bit more authority in the bass regions but the SG-01 bass quality like the rest of the sound is very surprising for what it can do. Pick your poison graphene bass or titanium bass. Both will rumble with authority with very good definition for bass.

You really cant go wrong with either or to be completely honest. This pic shown, I purposefully switched out cables just to see how they are on the other phones cables I am using. I decided I like it better the other way around. SG-01 has good clarity so a warmer copper cable benefits its tuning it is the NiceHCK Lofty cables actually. The SPC White crane here suits the GK10 better.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #57,794 of 103,620
S..F.. and sibilance always go hand in hand. Primary reason why I didn't pull the trigger on D..T..9
The MT300 doesn't have sibilance, but yes, old SFR's did.

Jul 13, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #57,795 of 103,620
That should be the Nice HCK motto. "So close to being so good". They always seem to have that one thing to irk you about.
In my case, soundstage and imaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back