The discovery thread!
May 17, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #56,581 of 100,331
1621285197214.png
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-land.25127/reviews#review-25897

Tansio Mirai LAND is playing on a higher level of earphones. I compare them to the Penon Volt, IT07 and MEST. For an earphone that is the cheaper of all these it dont sound like it is the cheaper earphone. Surprisingly technical one of the absolute best treble presentations for treble heads on the opposite end has a fantastic bass presence with a very deep low hitting rumble and then you have that Tansio Mirai mid range.

Value, Build, isolation, dynamics. detail at all levels with one of the most dimensional treble notes I have ever heard. Fantastic 1st tribrid from Tansio Mirai.
DS has Landed!

May 17, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #56,583 of 100,331
Good! I just revved them to Gilly Gonzales professional rock drummer friend! Beginning to remind me if ASG2.0 the way the bass can be a hammer to the inside of my skull with well recorded edm! But need amp to really shine and cable upgrade etc for best sound.
Ps. I have an EE Bravado mk2 Asian Tiger eye edition on the way in. It's just made several peeps top ten iem lists
4 way estat dynamic sonion BA in special shell with new effect audio
Cable Ares 2 upgrade. Found one used
Very rare! Some like it better than LX..

May 17, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #56,584 of 100,331
Good! I just revved them to Gilly Gonzales professional rock drummer friend! Beginning to remind me if ASG2.0 the way the bass can be a hammer to the inside of my skull with well recorded edm! But need amp to really shine and cable upgrade etc for best sound.
Ps. I have an EE Bravado mk2 Asian Tiger eye edition on the way in. It's just made several peeps top ten iem lists
4 way estat dynamic sonion BA in special shell with new effect audio
Cable Ares 2 upgrade. Found one used
Very rare! Some like it better than LX..
At 1/3 the price

May 17, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #56,585 of 100,331
iBasso IT01X ...
So I've been playing around with the nozzle design of the IT01X...

There's this O-ring you'll find on the screw-on nozzle upon unboxing the IEM. At first listen, I left it as is and the impressions are as stated above. As it is very hard to place the ear tip, when placed wrongly, the O-ring moves and creates a bass vent resulting in a more neutral bass response (happened to mine).

Decided to move the O-ring to the base of the nozzle. Better bass extension/quantity but the tightness suffers. However, the vocals/midrange and treble lose that magical "air." Sounds more "balanced" this way compared to the latter but is like a typical U-to-V signature.

Removed entirely the O-ring and this is the weirdest of the bunch. Compared to OOTB, this has the least mid-bass quantity. Midrange and treble don't lose the magical air and intimacy that made me rave about the IEM on first listen. Compared to "O-ring to the base," it loses in bass quantity (sounds much cleaner). Preference-wise, I don't really like the O-ring to the base. However, this moves the IEM closer to the ear as well as the ear tip opening to the nozzle, and as the vents are placed on the inner side of the shell, it/they might get blocked, skewing the signature, depending on ear anatomy. For my ears (also am not upper midrange/treble sensitive), this isn't a problem.

All of this was done on the Whirlwind-like stock tips (small). This has the least bass quantity with the most midrange and treble presence (the brightest of the bunch with the widest soundstage). The other wide-bore sets (white and translucent gray) have a similar effect to the Whirlwind, with more bass presence but loses out on midrange and treble air/presence. The regular-bore tips meanwhile are the bassiest and relaxes to a degree the midrange and treble.

I also think I know why the IT01X compared to my other IEMs sounded different - Bass leans toward neutral in a sense. There is definitely elevation but not enough to warrant it as a V (will change based on tips used). Soundstage and imaging coupled with the separation provides a holographic experience.

EDIT:
Switched to the extra nozzles and it sounds different compared to the OOTB nozzles. Better bass response. I'm assuming that this is because of the O-ring as my pair OOTB moves out from the screw-on mechanism if the ear tip is placed incorrectly compared to the replacement ones. I prefer the "no O-ring setup," currently (bright-neutralish, but with significant bass roll-off).

UPDATE:
Started using the replacement nozzles. The review will be done with this set-up. I missed the bass 😂 But midrange and treble remains unchanged. Signature is of the analytical and cleaner side.

184649733_467056797727900_3376128698742081924_n.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so I asked Paul from iBasso regarding this design choice and how the team intended the nozzle to be used. Still waiting for his response and will update you guys once I receive a reply.

Update: He said the right way is the one found on the pic/OOTB.

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #56,586 of 100,331
Just received Yume, listening into it right now, beautiful shell, one of best tuned tonality, technicalities ah, OK, no biggie.

9AC39C52-C564-4795-BA8C-7780499591A3.jpeg
D8192E5C-158B-446B-8A70-0D75C90E8831.jpegF0ED85E7-C6A7-452D-904A-5CF8F5A430D1.jpeg4E068322-0B68-4E1F-B95E-2059934EF036.jpeg29050233-C09F-4824-B8C1-C772E5B22228.jpeg

[Edit] Although Yume sound signature is one of the best tuned, I already have the similar Dusk, and after reading below, I'm tempted to rip off acoustic filter to see if I can get the liquid silicon dynamic driver's real potential...it’s risky...but I do feel the “tactile” bass potential just like Moondrop Aria’s LCP driver...will decide after burn-in
76A13F00-01C4-4727-9867-F0296220456F.jpeg

Will do Full resin filled solid IEM comparison:
-Tri Starsea ($129)
-See Audio Yume ($169)
-Moondrop Blessing2 ($319)
-Moondrop Blessing2 Dusk ($329)

They are all sort of value-redefining beauty and beast.85E21E33-428A-482D-9B1B-F050AE04BBF0.jpeg674CDEF9-E3B8-4A9F-90BD-C8C7E5A8E574.jpeg
[updates]
Yume (pre-burn-in) vs B2 OG & Dusk (post-burn in)
graph (11).png
Yume and Dusk & Blessing 2: initial thoughts

-After a couple of my goto tips rolling, I found CP360 fits better with Yume, so my impression will be based on CP360. Stock tips were too mushy, not my taste.

-While being almost identical tonality, Dusk has an emphasis on 3khz pinna gain spot, it resonates upper mid-tones, such as guitar, snare drums, female vocals, better than Yume for individuals with 3khz gain spots, YMMV if it resonates, the resonance will fake as if you are experiencing real-world vibrations, the moment you feel your inner nose starts to "smell" the vibration, the opened mouth at the concerts with the vibration running through your throat into the lung, that kind of synergized resonance.

-Yume takes a more conservative course sticking on Harman-ish curve around 3khz, but the noticeable significant tuning difference is that while Yume takes an evasive approach going around 6khz concha gain spot, which may directly impact the sibilance of female vocals and cymbals, Dusk and B2 intentionally raised the spot for better clarify

-I like the 3khz spot hitter approach but not a fan of 6khz of Dusk and B2, as at some songs these 6khz peaks can be harsh with the BAs.
So I have to conclude for Tonality, I like Dusk's 3khz peak approach and Yume's 6khz compensation approach.

-From these tuning, I may refer Dusk / B2 as "Spot Hitter" and Yume as "Conservative" tuning, for the individual groups with 3khz /6khz / 12khz gain spots.

-Yume has a noticeable lack of air compared to B2 sisters when it comes to timbre-oriented songs this trend becomes more prominent

-Dusk has the most prominent bass quantify, yet the bass response is a typical dynamic driver's rather slow one. Yume has faster transients, and more focused on the sub-bass than B2 sisters.

-B2 original has a lower and more natural bass shelf, which matches better with the contrabass type acoustic instruments

Technicality:
-Disregarding the burn-in effect of Yume's dynamic driver, there is an undeniable cliff between B2 sisters and Yume, things may change after burn-in AND by removing the acoustic filters which B2 sisters do not have near the outlet bores.

TLDL;
Yume's advantage over B2 sisters
-Better bass responses, fast and controlled, yet not being boomy/mushy
-Better handling over 6khz harshness

Yume's disadvantage over B2 sisters
-overall technicality
-lack of meat in mid-bass, percussive instruments, male vocals may suffer "thin" body.
-air presentation
-3khz pinna gain sense of tactile or forwardness

For detailed Blessing 2 vs Dusk, see post here
1621284297252.png
Yume and Starsea : initial thoughts
Since I can't find Starsea & Yume on the same graph, I'm taking Anole VX with treble switch on to somehow bring Starsea to the ground.
(Anole VX and Starsea both share the same type of bass response, somehow similar mid-range recessed 1-3khz plateau compared to regular Harman, dip around 5khz, and raised transparency boost around 7-8kz & 14khz), while Starsea got higher up/down amplitude, and 6.3khz concha gain compensation vs anole vx's 5.5khz compensation make those two IEM tonalities slightly different)

graph (12).png

-Yume has more forward vocals with very nicely tamed harshness overall, meanwhile, Starsea's 8khz peak with its wider diffusion field brings a huge sense of transparency and room to breath while not being offensive on treble.

-Both have fast bass responses, yet quantity-wise, Starsea has a higher bass floor.

-Both have proper 6khz harshness control well done. Yume has a noticeable 12khz gain spot hit compared to Starsea which takes an evasive approach.; this results between Yume and Starsea(the default setting), while they both are outstanding smooth tuned IEM, Starsea to individuals with 3khz/6khz/12khz gain spots will sound smoother yet detail retrieving.

Technicality-wise, they both use 2BA+1DD, due to the 8khz plateau, Starsea wins in terms of resolution and sound stage. Both have a great sense of coherence and instrument positioning. Not as good as B2 sisters, but very satisfactory. I can live with these.

p.s
Will have DUNU SA6 and Mandrid Tea incoming. That shall complete most of sub $600 hot IEMs lining up on the same charts.

Thanks for the comparisons. Is the See Audio Yume basslite? I haven't tried it, but a few of my friends who had said the bass rolls off more than what the graphs imply.

May 17, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #56,587 of 100,331
Thanks for the comparisons. Is the See Audio Yume basslite? I haven't tried it, but a few of my friends who had said the bass rolls off more than what the graphs imply.
Yes, on the graph it looks bassier than Blessing2, but in fact, I only could sense sub-bass. The mid-bass is pretty hollow here.
I'm thinking because of the driver's diaphragm material is some sort of LCP, and those thing needs a good 100-hour extensive burn-in to get a real kick.
If not, just like Aria, I'd just strip off the nozzle filter.

May 17, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #56,588 of 100,331
Just received the two new Spinfit offerings: the Spinfit CP-145 (medical-grade silicone version), and the Spinfit CP-100+ (plus version).

The refreshed CP-145 (left-most) uses a new medical-grade silicone material and has a teal-colored stem (compared to the old orange one, middle in 2nd image). In terms of durability, this is an upgrade. However, the new material is less grippy than the old one so the old CP-145 has slightly better seal. It's not night and day but something I noticed. Due to the slightly better seal, old CP-145 seemed to produce slightly deeper bass notes.

As for the CP-100+ (right-most in 2nd image), it is a complete upgrade over the old CP-100. The material feels more durable (stem on the newer model doesn't deform as easily), wearing comfort is improved (with grippier texture), and thus improving isolation in the process.

Finally, in terms of pairing, I really liked the new CP-145 version with the Moondrop Aria. It widened the stage without making the mids recessed/bass lighter and such. Definitely a recommended tip upgrade if you've got the Moondrop Aria.

Overall, I like these new releases, esp the CP-100+. I'm a bit on the fence about the CP-145 upgrade but it does offer somewhat subtly different feel to the original CP-145. I guess it doesn't hurt getting the newer one even if you already have the older version though I won't call it a "must-have".

IMG_0055.jpg
IMG_0054.jpg

May 17, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #56,589 of 100,331
Just received the two new Spinfit offerings: the Spinfit CP-145 (medical-grade silicone version), and the Spinfit CP-100+ (plus version).

The refreshed CP-145 (left-most) uses a new medical-grade silicone material and has a teal-colored stem (compared to the old orange one, middle in 2nd image). In terms of durability, this is an upgrade. However, the new material is less grippy than the old one so the old CP-145 has slightly better seal. It's not night and day but something I noticed. Due to the slightly better seal, old CP-145 seemed to produce slightly deeper bass notes.

As for the CP-100+ (right-most in 2nd image), it is a complete upgrade over the old CP-100. The material feels more durable (stem on the newer model doesn't deform as easily), wearing comfort is improved (with grippier texture), and thus improving isolation in the process.

Finally, in terms of pairing, I really liked the new CP-145 version with the Moondrop Aria. It widened the stage without making the mids recessed/bass lighter and such. Definitely a recommended tip upgrade if you've got the Moondrop Aria.

Overall, I like these new releases, esp the CP-100+. I'm a bit on the fence about the CP-145 upgrade but it does offer somewhat subtly different feel to the original CP-145. I guess it doesn't hurt getting the newer one even if you already have the older version though I won't call it a "must-have".

IMG_0055.jpgIMG_0054.jpg
Great! Some English comments CP100+. How's the CP100 vs CP100+ soundwise? I heard CP100+ is supposed to boost vocal range.

May 17, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #56,590 of 100,331

I really like the new Spinfit CP100+

Spinfit CP100+ is more supple and comfortable than regular CP100. Isolation is a tinge better on CP100+. I also like that it doesn't depress the mids as much as the regular CP100. On the CP100+ version, soundstage and imaging also are much better, with less compression of music.

Worth a consideration if one wants a thicker mids than the regular CP100.

As usual, YMMV as we have different ear anatomies and eartips are as individual as shoes.

May 17, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #56,591 of 100,331
Just received Yume, listening into it right now, beautiful shell, one of best tuned tonality, technicalities ah, OK, no biggie.

[Edit] Although Yume sound signature is one of the best tuned, I already have the similar Dusk, and after reading below, I'm tempted to rip off acoustic filter to see if I can get the liquid silicon dynamic driver's real potential...it’s risky...but I do feel the “tactile” bass potential just like Moondrop Aria’s LCP driver...will decide after burn-in

-Tri Starsea ($129)
-See Audio Yume ($169)

They are all sort of value-redefining beauty and beast.
[updates]

-After a couple of my goto tips rolling, I found CP360 fits better with Yume, so my impression will be based on CP360. Stock tips were too mushy, not my taste.

-While being almost identical tonality, Dusk has an emphasis on 3khz pinna gain spot, it resonates upper mid-tones, such as guitar, snare drums, female vocals, better than Yume for individuals with 3khz gain spots, YMMV if it resonates, the resonance will fake as if you are experiencing real-world vibrations, the moment you feel your inner nose starts to "smell" the vibration, the opened mouth at the concerts with the vibration running through your throat into the lung, that kind of synergized resonance.

-Yume takes a more conservative course sticking on Harman-ish curve around 3khz, but the noticeable significant tuning difference is that while Yume takes an evasive approach going around 6khz concha gain spot, which may directly impact the sibilance of female vocals and cymbals, Dusk and B2 intentionally raised the spot for better clarify

-I like the 3khz spot hitter approach but not a fan of 6khz of Dusk and B2, as at some songs these 6khz peaks can be harsh with the BAs.
So I have to conclude for Tonality, I like Dusk's 3khz peak approach and Yume's 6khz compensation approach.

-From these tuning, I may refer Dusk / B2 as "Spot Hitter" and Yume as "Conservative" tuning, for the individual groups with 3khz /6khz / 12khz gain spots.

-Yume has a noticeable lack of air compared to B2 sisters when it comes to timbre-oriented songs this trend becomes more prominent

-Dusk has the most prominent bass quantify, yet the bass response is a typical dynamic driver's rather slow one. Yume has faster transients, and more focused on the sub-bass than B2 sisters.

-B2 original has a lower and more natural bass shelf, which matches better with the contrabass type acoustic instruments

Technicality:
-Disregarding the burn-in effect of Yume's dynamic driver, there is an undeniable cliff between B2 sisters and Yume, things may change after burn-in AND by removing the acoustic filters which B2 sisters do not have near the outlet bores.

TLDL;

-overall technicality
-lack of meat in mid-bass, percussive instruments, male vocals may suffer "thin" body.
-air presentation

Since I can't find Starsea & Yume on the same graph, I'm taking Anole VX with treble switch on to somehow bring Starsea to the ground.
(Anole VX and Starsea both share the same type of bass response, somehow similar mid-range recessed 1-3khz plateau compared to regular Harman, dip around 5khz, and raised transparency boost around 7-8kz & 14khz), while Starsea got higher up/down amplitude, and 6.3khz concha gain compensation vs anole vx's 5.5khz compensation make those two IEM tonalities slightly different)

-Yume has more forward vocals with very nicely tamed harshness overall, meanwhile, Starsea's 8khz peak with its wider diffusion field brings a huge sense of transparency and room to breath while not being offensive on treble.

-Both have fast bass responses, yet quantity-wise, Starsea has a higher bass floor.

-Both have proper 6khz harshness control well done. Yume has a noticeable 12khz gain spot hit compared to Starsea which takes an evasive approach.; this results between Yume and Starsea(the default setting), while they both are outstanding smooth tuned IEM, Starsea to individuals with 3khz/6khz/12khz gain spots will sound smoother yet detail retrieving.

Technicality-wise, they both use 2BA+1DD, due to the 8khz plateau, Starsea wins in terms of resolution and sound stage. Both have a great sense of coherence and instrument positioning. Not as good as B2 sisters, but very satisfactory. I can live with these.

p.s
Will have DUNU SA6 and Mandrid Tea incoming. That shall complete most of sub $600 hot IEMs lining up on the same charts.
8 hours of listening into Yume, I glimpsed a hint of LCP driver like touch, switched to Azla Xelastec, boom! Finally some sense of bass.

decided to remove acoustic filter.
Tools used:
1A3494BA-4C12-4063-860D-4973A6FA082A.jpeg

Removed filter: still reattachable
F37EA57E-F78F-4153-A386-76F8A0C8908B.jpeg

Removed filter nozzlr, oh hey now it looks like Blessing2 👍
CCA86A35-7C7C-453C-A4D7-94D29730B607.jpeg

Output: ah that’s my boy! Finally. More coherent bass, good pinna gain hits, better resolution and imaging, better air presentation, I may add some less density filter like those came with blessing2 instead.

This is my 4th time removing this kind of “super congested” high density filter from IEMs, these type of filter do one thing “boost quantity of sub bass in exchange of great sacrifice of sound purity, coherence, dynamic range presentation”. Now I’m fully aware this kind of acoustic filter is my immediate subject to remove.

Bofore: tonality A+, technicalities C
After: tonality S, technicalities B

Sound Signature alternation:
Before:Harman tuning with clumsy sub-bass boost
After: basically bright-neutral with some sense of sub-bass, reminiscent to Thieaudio Monarch with slightly leveled sub-bass.

It’s eargasm-able! Recommended with AZLA xelastec(any LCP type fits well with this tip). Low gain mode on DAP recommended after removing the filter, better technicalities guaranteed with low gain.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #56,592 of 100,331
I really like the new Spinfit CP100+

Spinfit CP100+ is more supple and comfortable than regular CP100. Isolation is a tinge better on CP100+. I also like that it doesn't depress the mids as much as the regular CP100. On the CP100+ version, soundstage and imaging also are much better, with less compression of music.

Worth a consideration if one wants a thicker mids than the regular CP100.

As usual, YMMV as we have different ear anatomies and eartips are as individual as shoes.

I like the CP100, I’ll have to check out the improved version. ✌️

May 18, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #56,593 of 100,331
@cappuchino, I much prefer the Starfield over the Aria. While others prefer the Aria. Some reviewers say the Aria/Starfield/KXXS all sound the same. There are some tuning similarities but there many other differences. FWIW, my thoughts from the Moondrop thread:
Don't like Moondrop's lax treble. The achilles heel of theirs. If they would have just tuned the treble like the Moondrop Crescent, they would be budget world killers, but nope. So the KXXS collects dust.

May 18, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #56,594 of 100,331

9AC39C52-C564-4795-BA8C-7780499591A3.jpeg
D8192E5C-158B-446B-8A70-0D75C90E8831.jpegF0ED85E7-C6A7-452D-904A-5CF8F5A430D1.jpeg4E068322-0B68-4E1F-B95E-2059934EF036.jpeg29050233-C09F-4824-B8C1-C772E5B22228.jpeg

76A13F00-01C4-4727-9867-F0296220456F.jpeg

-Tri Starsea ($129)
-See Audio Yume ($169)

They are all sort of value-redefining beauty and beast.85E21E33-428A-482D-9B1B-F050AE04BBF0.jpeg674CDEF9-E3B8-4A9F-90BD-C8C7E5A8E574.jpeg
[updates]
graph (11).png

Technicality:

TLDL;

-overall technicality
-air presentation

1621284297252.png

graph (12).png

p.s
I really hated the lanky bass response of Yume, loved everything else about it. Now, AAW A3H+ provides a similarly airy sound with a boosted strong bass, so I am pretty satisfied with it.

May 18, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #56,595 of 100,331
UPDATE on IT01X:

Signature leans toward bright-neutral (using Whirlwind-like tips, small). Very detailed and highly technical pair (single DD). However, it's also quite fatiguing as I can't last for more than 3 hours of listening 😅😆 Fit is not the best feeling in-ear and in extension, comfort for my ears, mainly due to the ear tips used (those blue one's aren't comfortable at all; the other included ear tips are, grippy as well).

Can't say I don't like it because technicalities-wise, compared to my previous IEMs, the IT01X blow all of them out of the water.

Drivability-wise, these are ridiculously easy to get loud even on a smartphone with less than 1 Vrms of power. SQ is a different thing. The Bevi 2 is markedly harder to drive compared to the IT01X, with a fatigue-free tuning.

Edit: Don't know why I didn't add it here. There is muddiness when I use low power on the HUD100 MK2. A weaker source is even worse. At high power, this disappears, bringing improvements on the upper spectrum clarity. Bass is more controlled and has more impact. Technicalities experience slight improvements as well.

IMG_20210518_150220.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back