The discovery thread!
Dec 21, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #53,026 of 100,887
I just hope they fix their infamous MMCX issues (or better yet, go to 2 pin). Tin P2 wasn't that well reviewed in general, but the Tin T2 + was, so I hope it will fall in the latter category for sound quality and price.
Speaking of P2, I just listened to it last week. https://banbeu.com/graph/iem/tin-hifi-p2/
The thing's upper treble is real, and honestly it wasn't that well extended.

Some of my friends who are older than me by half a decade did comment that the treble sounds "weird". Now, imagine what I was hearing.
I think I should see if my ears degraded by a few years after listening to this earphone.

Dec 21, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #53,027 of 100,887
i'm really surprised that while digging for a upgrade cable and my old Sony A17, I found my very old grey Rockbox'd Sansa Fuze 8GB player. It charged up, it's holding it's charge, so i'm playing some music using the MT300. Not bad. It's been years since i used it, but it's got a really good sound, with wide stage and very adjustable EQ with Rockbox. i'm listening to it while uploading music on a 512GB chip for the Fiio.

Dec 21, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #53,028 of 100,887
Dec 21, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #53,029 of 100,887
Dec 21, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #53,031 of 100,887
I will add to TheVortex review with one of my own. Your weekend reader about the BGVP DM8.
BGVP DM8 - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org (head-fi.org)
DSC07795.JPG
These things have grown me and has taken my attention a bit from my IT07 and Volts. It is without a doubt a clear value statement from BGVP. These will go toe to toe with earphones that cost a whole bunch more and I am having a hard time figuring out which earphone the LZ A7 or the DM8 is a better value in the price range. I didn't think anything was gonna fight the A7 this year for value but here we have an 8 BA earphone 5 Knowles and 3 Sonion BAs with astounding sound quality to match. Fantastic set of all BA earphones and these will be a permanent part of my rotation.
Hi @Dsnuts, could you please compare the DM8 vs. ISH H40?
thanks

Dec 21, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #53,032 of 100,887
ISN H40 would be in the larger category of shell size. One of the reasons why it has such a large spacious sound.
DSC07805.JPG
DM8 will be more comfortable as it is a medium sized shell. They managed to get a medium size due to using a bunch of dual BAs which takes the space of a single BA. It would take the same space as using 5 BAs. Largest being the vended dual Sonion Bass BAs.
1608512980372.png
The nozzle looks pretty thick on the DM8. Is it like the Blessing 2 in size? Some people had problems with its thick nozzle.

Dec 21, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #53,033 of 100,887
It is a thicker nozzle as it has 4 sound bores at about 4mm wide but all the tips that comes with them fits nicely. I think the real reason why folks were having issues with the Blessing 2 has to do with a combination of it large size. It actually takes the prize for the largest shell of 2020. I dont have an earphone that is actually larger with a thick nozzle.

Since the DM8 is medium in size and actually much smaller in shape vs the blessing 2 it should work much better for a majority of folks
1608561043336.png

Dec 21, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #53,036 of 100,887
Dec 21, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #53,037 of 100,887
i'm really surprised that while digging for a upgrade cable and my old Sony A17, I found my very old grey Rockbox'd Sansa Fuze 8GB player. It charged up, it's holding it's charge, so i'm playing some music using the MT300. Not bad. It's been years since i used it, but it's got a really good sound, with wide stage and very adjustable EQ with Rockbox. i'm listening to it while uploading music on a 512GB chip for the Fiio.

Sometimes when we go back and listen to an item we’ve owned in the past, we’re surprised on how good it sounds and develop a new appreciation for it. Of course, the head-fi industry is always pumping out new models to make us feel like we’re missing something, but sometimes the best action is to stick with what we already have and like ... unless you’re like me and you have the disease.

Dec 21, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #53,038 of 100,887
Sometimes when we go back and listen to an item we’ve owned in the past, we’re surprised on how good it sounds and develop a new appreciation for it. Of course, the head-fi industry is always pumping out new models to make us feel like we’re missing something, but sometimes the best action is to stick with what we already have and like ... unless you’re like me and you have the disease.
I’m diseased too it seems. How appropriate a post for me. I just started listening to my long neglected BL03 this past weekend, and finally did the grill mod to get rid of the nylon mesh. Both before and after the mod, I forgot how euphonic it sounds. I kind of want to not like it, to help justify my much pricier IEMs, but I just can’t! It sounds soooo good and natural! I prefer it after the grill mod, and I’m impressed how it’s technicalities are quite a bit better than I remember them being, and this is after I’ve listened to quite a few excellent new IEMs. Nothing about the BL03 excites me, except for its sound, regardless of price.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #53,039 of 100,887
I’m diseased too it seems. How appropriate a post for me. I just started listening to my long neglected BL03 this past weekend, and finally did the grill mod to get rid of the nylon mesh. Both before and after the mod, I forgot how euphonic it sounds. I kind of want to not like it, to help justify my much pricier IEMs, but I just can’t! It sounds soooo good and natural! I prefer it after the grill mod, and I’m impressed how it’s technicalities are quite a bit better than I remember them being, and this is after I’ve listened to quite a few excellent new IEMs. Nothing about the BL03 excites me, except for its sound, regardless of price.

There you go ...

Dec 21, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #53,040 of 100,887
It seems you have joined the mesh mod master race lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back