The discovery thread!
Dec 13, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #52,666 of 100,438
No. I haven't. But I am not doubting their sonic capabilities. They might be fantastic sounding. But I have very little faith in that brand's QC in general. And that's why I'm averse to paying significant monies to them. I might be wrong but it's better to be safe then sorry

LOL, to better be safe than sorry you'd better buy everything locally with a warranty. I think I've got 6 IEM's from this brand (and the MT300 on the way) and haven't had any QC issues with either and I also think that they all sound from good to very good compared to other offerings at their respective price points. As always YMMV but I really think that your arguments here is more true to Chi-Fi in general than this specific brand. Especially since you don't have any experience with the items you're asking people to stay away from.....

Dec 13, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #52,667 of 100,438
Anyone knows about this Yongse brand? At least the cable plugable connector looks nice LOL

SG$ 248.99 10%OFF | Yongse YS3 Knowles's Balanced Armature 10mm Dynamic 2BA+DD Hybrid 3D Hifi Music Monitor Studio Audiophile 0.78mm 2 Pin Earphones
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNG3O1R

Screenshot_20201213-175052_AliExpress.jpg

Dec 13, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #52,668 of 100,438
LOL, to better be safe than sorry you'd better buy everything locally with a warranty. I think I've got 6 IEM's from this brand (and the MT300 on the way) and haven't had any QC issues with either and I also think that they all sound from good to very good compared to other offerings at their respective price points. As always YMMV but I really think that your arguments here is more true to Chi-Fi in general than this specific brand. Especially since you don't have any experience with the items you're asking people to stay away from.....

I agree with your views on Chi-fi, and I barely go in that price range without some decent warranty or a product which doesn't have frequent QC issues. I have two iems from this brand as well and I too like how they sound. I was sharing my experiences with this brand's IEMs. I'm glad that you haven't faced any issues so far and I hope it stays the same way.

Dec 13, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #52,669 of 100,438
Dec 13, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #52,671 of 100,438
Actually that is totally untrue. Many find the pro a very good IEM. We listen to reason not populism. Investigate.

Well at this point the Tape Pro has had a pretty equivocal reception with people coming down on both sides, which is anything but populism. I think @RikudouGoku tends to put forth a very fact-based account of what he is hearing and why he has the opinions he has. When he references an overall lack of detail retrieval, I already know I ought to be looking elsewhere given my preferences, especially at 130 dollars.

Dec 13, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #52,672 of 100,438
Well at this point the Tape Pro has had a pretty equivocal reception with people coming down on both sides, which is anything but populism. I think @RikudouGoku tends to put forth a very fact-based account of what he is hearing and why he has the opinions he has. When he references an overall lack of detail retrieval, I already know I ought to be looking elsewhere given my preferences, especially at 130 dollars.
Yes, at 130 usd and at the current market where competition is fierce. Something like the Tape Pro is garbage and doesnt deserve to be priced like it is...

When the successor has had 1 year of development and manages to sound worse than the predecessor, at the same time that something at 33% the price of it (LZ A6 mini) also is beating it on all aspects. How can you NOT give it a bad rating? Thats the question....

Dec 13, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #52,673 of 100,438
It just is not true. Surprised to see a kind of tribalism on this site.

Dec 13, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #52,674 of 100,438
It just is not true. Surprised to see a kind of tribalism on this site.

You may not agree with the review, but it doesn't make it untrue. Look, you have the right to your opinion, and you can state your disagreement with others' views, but labelling dissenting views as falsehoods is a bridge too far.

Dec 13, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #52,675 of 100,438
As you wish. It's quite fairly your choice. There are many different views. Enjoy.

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #52,676 of 100,438
I happen to agree with @dharmasteve that the Tape Pro is competent and, as can be seen in previous posts, I had a civil discussion with @RikudouGoku on the subject.

Let us move forward with our divided opinions and be civil to each other. There will be more to (dis)agree on in the future, save your energy. Peace 🤝

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #52,677 of 100,438
I happen to agree with @dharmasteve that the Tape Pro is competent and, as can be seen in previous posts, I had a civil discussion with @RikudouGoku on the subject.

Let us move forward with our divided opinions and be civil to each other. There will be more to (dis)agree on in the future, save your energy. Peace 🤝
yeah, I rather erase my memory of it lol.

Wonder what else will come out before 2020 ends. I am mostly looking at the Fiio FD5. I cant declare my iem of the year before it truly ends. :smile:

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #52,678 of 100,438
Sad day for the Dsnuts family. Cherish your family and friends.

I feel sorry for your loos. I would like to convey my condolences.

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #52,679 of 100,438
Reecho insects Awaken are growing so much with burn in
Amazing transparency level on mids but NOT thin sound, I love it!😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back