The discovery thread!
Nov 20, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #51,961 of 103,543
i just gave mone away to my brother in law. I wasn't too impressed either, so he asked if he could borrow them to listen to some show tunes and classical music, and he loved them, so i told him he could keep 'em. Early christmas gift. it made him happy, so it made me happy.
Sweet! Nice to hear about a win-win situation. Glad your set found a good home with someone who liked them. Imho, it's a great feeling when you can make someone happy with the gift of sound...especially if it's something you won't ever be using anymore.

Nov 20, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #51,962 of 103,543
Been getting acclimated to the ZX300 over the past couple of days and I am still taken aback by how good it sounds. Without changing anything about my transducers and even with bog-standard 320kbps MP3s, the ZX300 outputs a sound that contains so much more texture, layering and space than I have ever heard before in my life. And I haven't even tried the balanced output yet.

In other news, my CCA woodies should be showing up today.

Nov 20, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #51,963 of 103,543
Sweet! Nice to hear about a win-win situation. Glad your set found a good home with someone who liked them. Imho, it's a great feeling when you can make someone happy with the gift of sound...especially if it's something you won't ever be using anymore.

totally agree. one of the great satisfactions in life is gifting great sound to someone, even if you don't think it's great, but they do.

Nov 20, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #51,964 of 103,543
Been getting acclimated to the ZX300 over the past couple of days and I am still taken aback by how good it sounds. Without changing anything about my transducers and even with bog-standard 320kbps MP3s, the ZX300 outputs a sound that contains so much more texture, layering and space than I have ever heard before in my life. And I haven't even tried the balanced output yet.

In other news, my CCA woodies should be showing up today.

Next level sound is an awesome sensory input! That's what i get from the Hiby R5.

Nov 20, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #51,965 of 103,543
This is why I don't like CIEMs... Or anything custom made for my body for that matter.

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #51,966 of 103,543
This is why I don't like CIEMs... Or anything custom made for my body for that matter.

Have you tried it though?
Once you've been there, hard to go back...

CIEMs can be reshelled :wink:

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #51,967 of 103,543
All these PortaPro talks forced me to bring out the Porta Pro X I got off of Drop (didn't need to pay import taxes fortunately). I will forever be amazed by the sheer soundstage of these little weirdos. The stage height and depth rivals that of some planars, and my Sennheiser HD650 sounds like a closed-back in comparison.

With the Yaxi pads (I chose orange as it brightens up the otherwise drab black color) the bass response is very punchy, surprisingly so for an open-back. For the $25 I paid for them: definitely the most bang-for-buck audio gear purchase I've ever made. The PortaPro is something that everyone should have in their collection, no matter what headphones they own. It's a timeless masterpiece indeed.

IMG_4838.JPG

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #51,968 of 103,543

i sold my UE 7 customs on ebay and stated they would need to be reshelled. they sold. the TF 10's sound better than the UE 7 customs did. Better bass weight and presence.

Nov 20, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #51,969 of 103,543
After doing what the message from OPA requested, and canceling my order, I was surprised to get an email today, saying that they're shipping a set of LZ A7 to me. :thinking::smirk:

The set from Penon will be here next week...
Wow. After having plenty of conversations, my order was canceled by
AE and now OPA Store sends yours.

Does that mean they had only few or maybe only one? Or they were waiting for mean customers like me to get out of the way? 😁

I'm seriously tired of dealing with such stores so I'll keep ordering from reliable ones.

Have a nice time with your two sets of A7s. It'd save you time to keep them in the most opposite character by adjusting the switch, filter and treat them as different IEMs. Also it would increase their lifetime cuz I'd be scared to switch the filters repeatedly until I start having problem with the screws.

IImagine you have two sets of LZ A7s and you show it to your friend. Your friend says 'Why do you have two of these?' and you say 'Well, actually they're not the same, they're different!' 😊

Nov 20, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #51,970 of 103,543

Just the opinion of this one man and HOPEFULLY not meant to disrespect anyone who disagrees... Rather be caught dead than be caught owning a CIEM. And if I ever spend 4 figure price on anything audio, It'll be on loudspeakers.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #51,971 of 103,543

Does that mean they had only few or maybe only one? Or they were waiting for mean customers like me to get out of the way? 😁

I'm seriously tired of dealing with such stores so I'll keep ordering from reliable ones.

Have a nice time with your two sets of A7s. It'd save you time to keep them in the most opposite character by adjusting the switch, filter and treat them as different IEMs. Also it would increase their lifetime cuz I'd be scared to switch the filters repeatedly until I start having problem with the screws.

IImagine you have two sets of LZ A7s and you show it to your friend. Your friend says 'Why do you have two of these?' and you say 'Well, actually they're not the same, they're different!' 😊

Just order the A7 from Penon! That's what i did, and $1.00 for express shipping, and I love them! world class stage, depth and imaging, Even better than the JVC's, which had amazing stage and holographic imaging.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #51,972 of 103,543
Just order the A7 from Penon! That's what i did, and $1.00 for express shipping, and I love them! world class stage, depth and imaging, Even better than the JVC's, which had amazing stage and holographic imaging.
I'm waiting for Black Friday. I have another iems in my list so I'll order all together. 😊

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #51,973 of 103,543

The ak audio store keeps asking to cancel the order which I just ignore. My order should be automatically cancelled soon.
I really hope AE will penalize such bad store.
I am not sure if I will buy the A7 soon or just wait until there is a good deal from more reliable store. As of now, I am still happy with A6 and waiting for Hiby R5 and few earbuds and bl01.

Nov 20, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #51,974 of 103,543

I think I found out what happened.
When I canceled the order, I selected "Out of Stock", since their messages to me had said the LZ A7 was out of stock, and they weren't going to sell it any longer.
During the last week, they had sent several additional messages, which I didn't see until today, asking me to change the reason for canceling my order. Since I didn't see the messages, they refused to cancel my order, and have already shipped the A7.
So, I will definitely have a new, unopened set of LZ A7, that I guess I'll need to sell. I'm probably not going to try to ship them internationally, so only US buyers, please. :ksc75smile:

Nov 20, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #51,975 of 103,543
Whew, it's been a minute since I posted in this thread (too busy for me to keep up with). But I remember the NF Audio IEMs being a popular topic in here so I thought I'd share my review of the NM2+.

DSC00771_result.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back