The discovery thread!
Oct 27, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #51,242 of 102,936
Just received my Penon ORB, the shell is finished in clear with top build quality. Sound wise, the bass are on the slow side, but it has really deep bass with good levels of punch, the vocal presentation are lusher than typica IEM, like the Oreviti OH300, Tansio Mirai TSMR4PRO. Overall really musical yet clear vocal presentation.The treble is smooth with enough airness in it. Really enjoy it right now. I will post my review soon
IMG20201028063747.jpg
That looks pretty! Does clear acrylic shells turns yellow over time?

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #51,243 of 102,936
Friday is going to be a great day for me. I got the LZ A7 and the Sony XBA-300 arriving on the same day, so my ears are going to be super happy. Then all i'm waiting for will be the Sony Z5 and AKG N40.

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #51,245 of 102,936
That looks pretty! Does clear acrylic shells turns yellow over time?
The times will prove it, but I don't think it will.

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #51,246 of 102,936
Is the 11/11 deal is only one day? Do we have a list of usual reputable AE vendor whom we should check for those deals?

The deal starts on 11/11 and usually lasts a few days. When buying on Aliexpress, it is generally safe as the money is held in escrow until you the buyer confirms you have received a satisfactory item. But to be safe, I try not to buy gear from brand new stores with no reviews, or from shops with < 97% positive ratings. There are a few big players in Aliexpress that sell audio stuff, a few are banned from discussion on headfi, but sooner or later, you will know the usual suspects.

A few days prior, do stock up on some coupons (they can be gotten from the app version of Aliexpress), or from playing their lame games. With stacking coupons, sometimes $20 USD can be gotten off the discounted price, so quite substantial savings to be had. Also if you follow certain stores, or buy from the app version instead of desktop version, sometimes prices are cheaper. I'll try to come up with a list of best prices for the more famous CHIFI gear sooner the date, once sale prices are forecasted.

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #51,247 of 102,936
Friday is going to be a great day for me. I got the LZ A7 and the Sony XBA-300 arriving on the same day, so my ears are going to be super happy. Then all i'm waiting for will be the Sony Z5 and AKG N40.
Congrats bro! Waiting for you impressions with some death/black metal, intrested to know about speed/seperation/details even on the busiest part of the track.

Oct 27, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #51,248 of 102,936
Congrats bro! Waiting for you impressions with some death/black metal, intrested to know about speed/seperation/details even on the busiest part of the track.

Yep. I will certainly let you know how they operate with the busiest of metal tracks, and it's ability to peel those layers from black metal bands who record in less than hi fi.

Oct 27, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #51,249 of 102,936
The deal starts on 11/11 and usually lasts a few days. When buying on Aliexpress, it is generally safe as the money is held in escrow until you the buyer confirms you have received a satisfactory item. But to be safe, I try not to buy gear from brand new stores with no reviews, or from shops with < 97% positive ratings. There are a few big players in Aliexpress that sell audio stuff, a few are banned from discussion on headfi, but sooner or later, you will know the usual suspects.

A few days prior, do stock up on some coupons (they can be gotten from the app version of Aliexpress), or from playing their lame games. With stacking coupons, sometimes $20 USD can be gotten off the discounted price, so quite substantial savings to be had. Also if you follow certain stores, or buy from the app version instead of desktop version, sometimes prices are cheaper. I'll try to come up with a list of best prices for the more famous CHIFI gear sooner the date, once sale prices are forecasted.
Thank you!

Oct 28, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #51,250 of 102,936
So what does everyone have planned for 11/11?

After much consideration, I've decided to spring for the Audiosense T300. Neutral signature + all BAs + isolation? Sounds good to me :)

Confirmed -

Smabat NCO
Limpid cable

Will wait for impressions and/or coupon deals to purchase either one of Shuoer Tape Pro or KBEar Believe. Currently leaning more towards Tape Pro

Oct 28, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #51,251 of 102,936
11/11 prices are live now. Is it just me, or are the discounts not particularly keen? 🤔

Edit: well at least some products like the BA8 are going closer to USD 100... still wouldn't get that though

Edit 2: If you like DAPs, the Shanling M2x (USD 186) and M0 (USD 110) are pretty much on clearance now

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #51,252 of 102,936
11/11 prices are live now. Is it just me, or are the discounts not particularly keen? 🤔
I agree, but there might be something old with a good discount. I am planing to get few cables and some random Bluetooth dac I have never heard of before 😃

Oct 28, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #51,253 of 102,936

Some of the prices are so so, but with coupon gymnastics, it can lower the price further, sometimes even $20 USD on top of the discounted prices. And also look out for stuff that is being phased out eg LZ A6, LZ A6 mini, they are going at firesale prices. And of course, use the app and follow shops and there's even more discounts on top of the above.

I compiled a list of the Aliexpress lowest prices for CHIFI IEMs in another thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-2154#post-15943066 if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back