The discovery thread!
Oct 27, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #51,226 of 102,980
I have the nm2+ and really like them. How do the a7 compare in details, speed and soundstage? Can the a7 sound as realistic as the nm2+ aswell since that iem is a single dd?

I commented on the two in this thread yesterday, so please look a page or two back. To me the added warmth on the A7 makes them sound more natural than the NM2+ in general (and male vocals in particular).

Oct 27, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #51,227 of 102,980
So what does everyone have planned for 11/11?

After much consideration, I've decided to spring for the Audiosense T300. Neutral signature + all BAs + isolation? Sounds good to me :)
100% will get:
Shuoer Tape Pro
Yincrow RW-9

Not sure but might:
Tri Through cables
Shanling AE3
Tansio Mirai TSMR 3-pro/4-pro

Then it also depends on what will go on sale and how much, but generally I dont have many iems I want from aliexpress.

Oct 27, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #51,228 of 102,980
Have you checked the audiosense thread? Iirc the T260 was better received than the T300. T300 has a downward sloping FR like many Westones.

I was mainly going off of @NymPHONOmaniac's reviews on his blog where he seems to rate the T300 as being preferable to the T260. In any case, they've piqued my curiosity.

Oct 27, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #51,229 of 102,980
1603816680875.png

oh, the Shanling AE3 is actually 100% vented on all their BA´s. Wonder how that will sound like. The Audiosense T800 with its vented BA bass is very impressive and the closest to DD bass for an all ba set I have heard.

1603816796993.png

Great song and anime, saber is my waifu

Oct 27, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #51,230 of 102,980
100% will get:
Shuoer Tape Pro
Yincrow RW-9

Not sure but might:
Tri Through cables
Shanling AE3
Tansio Mirai TSMR 3-pro/4-pro

Then it also depends on what will go on sale and how much, but generally I dont have many iems I want from aliexpress.

Better bang for buck between the Pro3 and Pro4. I would give the nod to the Pro 3. You are getting like 95% of the Pro 4 sound.

Oct 27, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #51,231 of 102,980
Better bang for buck between the Pro3 and Pro4. I would give the nod to the Pro 3. You are getting like 95% of the Pro 4 sound.
yeah, I thought so. But I am wondering how the AE3 sounds like.....vented BA´s AND Sonion are very tempting for me (especially since I havent heard a sonion ba before).

Oct 27, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #51,233 of 102,980
Oct 27, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #51,235 of 102,980
It sounds good out the phone as well. You can easily hear the upper treble clarity.
Pretty sure that piezo drivers should be one of the more efficient driver types out there. Unlike a power greedy driver like a planar.

Oct 27, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #51,236 of 102,980
Pretty sure that piezo drivers should be one of the more efficient driver types out there. Unlike a power greedy driver like a planar.

They vary with the construction and amount of layers they use. They can be easy enough to drive or a bit demanding and not "come to life" if underpowered so be a bit polite or smooth.

Oct 27, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #51,237 of 102,980
Regarding the recent interest in the Smabat Black Bat, their other IEM, the NCO, which also has a Graphene driver, 8mm, is more balanced and neutral. Bass is beautifully textured and deep, mids are not recessed, treble is extended and airy. Lovely soundstage as well and fast response. This graph does illustrate that although it says nothing about timbre, soundstage and detail. I feel it is the finest single DD that I have heard. Nicely constructed and very comfortable to wear, they are tiny!
H0ff1b019925c481aa81ae627c073ee76d.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

My Smabat NCO and M1 Pro order just arrived the other day. I agree with everything you wrote about the NCO. They have good, and different bass from what I usually hear in IEMs, which I think is due to their construction and venting. It's a really well-rounded IEM. Quick note about the eartips - the included ones are very good and work well in terms of fit and sound. The nozzles do not have any sort of ridge so if you change tips, you'll need something that will fit snugly by friction alone onto the nozzle. This will also limit the type of tips you can use, since you'll need a pretty exact fit. The nozzles are slightly lower diameter than I typically see. Fortunately I have no complaints about the included tips. The NCO are very compact, well made, and one of the nicest cable-down IEMs I've heard.

The M1 Pro puts the nail in the coffin for me and earbuds - after a lot of trying, I've reached the conclusion that the physical structure of my ear just isn't conducive to any sort of seal needed to get decent bass performance out of any earbud. Which is too bad, because when I press the M1 Pro to my ear so that it seals well, it sounds very good, but as soon as I take any pressure away, the bass goes away too.

Oct 27, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #51,239 of 102,980
My Smabat NCO and M1 Pro order just arrived the other day. I agree with everything you wrote about the NCO. They have good, and different bass from what I usually hear in IEMs, which I think is due to their construction and venting. It's a really well-rounded IEM. Quick note about the eartips - the included ones are very good and work well in terms of fit and sound. The nozzles do not have any sort of ridge so if you change tips, you'll need something that will fit snugly by friction alone onto the nozzle. This will also limit the type of tips you can use, since you'll need a pretty exact fit. The nozzles are slightly lower diameter than I typically see. Fortunately I have no complaints about the included tips. The NCO are very compact, well made, and one of the nicest cable-down IEMs I've heard.

The M1 Pro puts the nail in the coffin for me and earbuds - after a lot of trying, I've reached the conclusion that the physical structure of my ear just isn't conducive to any sort of seal needed to get decent bass performance out of any earbud. Which is too bad, because when I press the M1 Pro to my ear so that it seals well, it sounds very good, but as soon as I take any pressure away, the bass goes away too.
Good to hear confirmation of what I am hearing! As for the M1 Pro, I use a single set of foams and the ear hooks and get a decent seal (although it's still an earbud!)

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #51,240 of 102,980
Just received my Penon ORB, the shell is finished in clear with top build quality. Sound wise, the bass are on the slow side, but it has really deep bass with good levels of punch, the vocal presentation are lusher than typical IEM, like the Oreviti OH300, Tansio Mirai TSMR4PRO. Overall really musical yet clear vocal presentation.The treble is smooth with enough airness in it. Really enjoy it right now. I will post my review soon
IMG20201028063747.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back