The discovery thread!
Jun 6, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #47,551 of 100,870
just bought the iBasso IT00, my left mmcx connector seems a bit wiggly.

soundwise definitely fun tuning, bassy, warm, but still have sparkle on the high freq.

how about your IT00 unit? did the mmcx connector wiggle or have some play?
Glad you enjoy the IT00. On my set, there is no wiggle.

Jun 6, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #47,552 of 100,870
Some stuff I saw while browsing Aliexpress today:

3) Focus Vocal/EDM/Rhythm - on multiple stores on Aliexpress

Interestingly, seems there are 3 different tuning variants of this model (named Vocal variant, EDM variant and rhythm variant). Can someone translate the words below to confirm this? No squiggly graphs, but frequency response is still meant for bats, but maybe not as fierce as the above model. Quite a looker though.
  • Driver: 10.2mm high energy magnetic tesla, double cavity moving coil element
  • Resistance: 16Ω
  • Frequency Response Range: 5 - 40000Hz
  • Cable: 2 pin 0.78 mm
  • Sensitivity: 105 dB/mW
  • $169

These look very promising. I'm still in doubt which variant is for me. I think these deserve a thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/focus-audio-vocal.24145/

Jun 6, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #47,553 of 100,870
Jun 6, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #47,555 of 100,870
Tansio Mirai TSMR-8/TSMR-8-Space ( 8 BA, Knowles and Sonion) = 729 usd

https://penonaudio.com/tansio-mirai-tsmr8-space.html
1591467833404.png

So I can honestly say the TSMR earphones are actually a better deal than something like a CA Andromeda. It is all about marketing and brand name recognition but I bet these will punch SQ right up there with the Andromedas of the world including the new ones that just came out.

Why so you may ask? Here is where the advantage of these earphones comes into play.. You have to pay over a G note to buy different variations of the Andromeda tunings. Here you have tuning switches that gives you several different sound profiles and all of them are tastefully done. I know I am making a lot of assumptions for a new earphone but knowing what I do about their line up. I don't even have to hear these to know they will be a better value over the more popular CA offerings.

Heck the TSMR-6 with a cable switch came dangerously close to the SQ level of my Andromeda S already. Just as enjoyable actually.

Jun 6, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #47,556 of 100,870
1591467833404.png

So I can honestly say the TSMR earphones are actually a better deal than something like a CA Andromeda. It is all about marketing and brand name recognition but I bet these will punch SQ right up there with the Andromedas of the world including the new ones that just came out.

Why so you may ask? Here is where the advantage of these earphones comes into play.. You have to pay over a G note to buy different variations of the Andromeda tunings. Here you have tuning switches that gives you several different sound profiles and all of them are tastefully done. I know I am making a lot of assumptions for a new earphone but knowing what I do about their line up. I don't even have to hear these to know they will be a better value over the more popular CA offerings.

Heck the TSMR-6 with a cable switch came dangerously close to the SQ level of my Andromeda S already. Just as enjoyable actually.
This one has 2 different tunings (without counting the switches) the TSMR-8 is more bassy while TSMR-8-space is more balanced(?) based on their descriptions:

TSMR-8: Sound signature: The bass is thick, the volume is slightly more, the space is clear, the layer is clear, the vocals are clear and charming. Suitable for bass lovers.

TSMR-8-Space: Sound signature: The bass is good, rich in layers, with an excellent airy, the layers are more distinct, the instruments are clearer and brighter, the vocals are full of emotions, and the overall separation is strong and very transparent. Suitable for fans who like better resolution and more sense of space in music.

Jun 6, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #47,557 of 100,870
Canyon C51 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001025683321.html

Initially I thought it was a camera brand (?Canon) branching into IEMs. Whatever the case, the frequency response seems to be tailored for bats and dolphins (5 - 700000 hz)!
No toddler or non toddler graphs available unfortunately.

canyon 2.PNG

• Driver: 4BA + 1DD
  • Resistance: 32Ω
  • Frequency Response Range: 5 - 70000Hz
  • Cable: MMCX
  • Sensitivity: 119dB SPL/mW
  • $162

3) Focus Vocal/EDM/Rhythm - on multiple stores on Aliexpress

Interestingly, seems there are 3 different tuning variants of this model (named Vocal variant, EDM variant and rhythm variant). Can someone translate the words below to confirm this? No squiggly graphs, but frequency response is still meant for bats, but maybe not as fierce as the above model. Quite a looker though.

vocal 1.PNG

vocal 2.PNG

• Driver: 10.2mm high energy magnetic tesla, double cavity moving coil element
  • Resistance: 16Ω
  • Frequency Response Range: 5 - 40000Hz
  • Cable: 2 pin 0.78 mm
  • Sensitivity: 105 dB/mW
  • $169

@baskingshark they look amazing for that prices, have you got some info or comparisons about them?

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #47,559 of 100,870
I wish Tansio Mirai would also release something called "TSMR - Down to Earth" for less hard working people because their tuning is being made by a Hand of God. I listened to 4Pro once and it blew my head off. And I wonder why did they make a "Space" version because spacious all dimensional sound is their trademark already.

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #47,560 of 100,870
I agree. TSMR-4pros are great sounding. But for guys that haven't heard them the TSMR-3 pros which goes for $210 is very close to them for much less money.

TSMR-3 pro imo is the best value Tansio Mirai earphone. TSMR-4 pro has slightly better bass presence, a more traditional stage with a touch better treble clarity but otherwise they are more closer than you might think. It is like 95% close actually.

My friendly advice for anyone that is interested in the TSMR line of earphones. Try out a TSMR-3pro. It is by far one of the best in ears you can get for your $210. Just know that these will make you want to try their higher end line up.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #47,561 of 100,870
I agree. TSMR-4pros are great sounding. But for guys that haven't heard them the TSMR-3 pros which goes for $210 is very close to them for much less money.

TSMR-3 pro imo is the best value Tansio Mirai earphone. TSMR-4 pro has slightly better bass presence, a more traditional stage with a touch better treble clarity but otherwise they are more closer than you might think. It is like 95% close actually.

My friendly advice for anyone that is interested in the TSMR line of earphones. Try out a TSMR-3pro. It is by far one of the best in ears you can get for your $210. Just know that these will make you want to try their higher end line up.

What would be your description of the TSMR-3pro vs. the ISN H40?

Jun 6, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #47,562 of 100,870
H40 has a more colored sound meaning it has more bass impact and body with a great wide stage. Mids have a smoother warmish tone and a bit more in the way of treble emphasis. It is very musical sounding earphone and is one of the best in ears to get if you plan on using your nicer cables with. I say this because the stock cable that come with it while is a good cable. Every higher end cable I tried it with makes the H40 sound better than with the stock cable. This one is awesome for people that like to tinker with the sound profile to their liking using cables of all things.

TSMR-3 pros might not sound as dynamic but more than makes up for it with pin point imaging a taller more involved sound. Which makes them excellent for vocals and instrument acoustic music, Jazz, blues. Actually surprising for EDM too since you can tune the bass a bit with the switches. BA timbre but you can tell the BAs used on the TSMR earphones are a higher quality vs what is in the H40. Better detailed mids and has the cleaner treble over the H40. All TSMR earphones are fantastic for vocals actually. The H40 more for pop rock and metal, hiphop EDM.

Both these earphones are versatile actually. Both sound good to great with all genres of music but due to the tonality and strengths of the tunings is where I feel each one does better at certain genres.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #47,565 of 100,870

Users who are viewing this thread

Back