The discovery thread!
Jan 26, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #46,321 of 100,491
Well, I consider the IMR thread to be about as unbiased as fox news.
:smile::zipper_mouth:I know, thus hype train warning. People there said same thing about R1z. Rah has different driver. Much better. @Dsnuts said isn h40 and i3 bass is comparable (please correct me if I'm wrong) Since I have h40 and love it, I would place Rah bass on the next level even with medium bass filler. Goes Lower, much lower and is agile similarly to LX. Puts my Sony Z5 with its 16mm to shame. :station::warning::wink:.

Jan 26, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #46,322 of 100,491
Wait six months and IMR will be selling you two for the price of one, plus have it on Drop for even less.
Drop is unlikely but loyal customers keep buying new ones so some of that upgrade cycle product will end up on used sale or b- stock on IMR for 1/2. That's how I bought R1z.

Jan 26, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #46,323 of 100,491
I feel this somehow, like these past 2 years chifi have evolving faster than we thought, and still keep evolving. The tuning, the driver, cables everything. And they are come out with cheaper price. Like a solid single DD now has much cheaper look at moondrop starfield that very close to much pricier kanas pro and kxxs from the past. And multidriver that to me sounded better.

I agree LZ have big name and i heard about that too but after receiving my A6 mini, mmm well im not impressed, but they have really good bass, fast speed decay and well textured and that huge soundstage but mids sounded very thin and hollow and unbalanced. Lower mids with male vocal sounded very distanced, upper mids peaky with female vocals more dominating but shouty and thin. I would assume additional 4 drivers on full A6 will help but some said they have very similar signature so I wont go with big A6. Shouty lower highs that bugging me, filters muffled the rest while bringing down that peak. To be honest compared to newer Spring 1 and NX7 Pro which also have same piezo driver, i would put A6 mini on the last. The a6 mini once set for $180, at that price now maybe better to get H40, still cant comment much about TRI i3 since mine is yet to arrived.

*EDITED : after playing more with filter and eartips, i found the red filter is the best most balance even a bit bassy but they made the mids on A6 mini become more bodied with decent weight and not as hollow with 2 other filters (blue and black). male vocals become decent in weight and female vocals also have decent weight, less shouty, only on some tracks they can be shouty. I got 50 hours now on A6 mini and Im starting to enjoy them after have more brief listen. I feel bad to write my previous impressions, they are a good set, as great as Spring 1 and NX7 Pro with their pros and cons individually

And as @Dsnuts said their QC need some improvements. I ve heard cases with their QC, like shuoer.

I want to give correction to avoid misleading to friends that have an eye or considering A6 mini. I put on edited comment on my previous impressions because i feel i need to clarify.

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #46,324 of 100,491
I want to give correction to avoid misleading to friends that have an eye or considering A6 mini. I put on edited comment on my previous impressions because i feel i need to clarify.
The red filter reduced the treble too much for me. The strong point of the A6/mini is the treble for me.

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #46,325 of 100,491
The red filter reduced the treble too much for me. The strong point of the A6/mini is the treble for me.

Its the only option i have to make mids have decent weight / not sounded hollow and thin, and black filter stabbing me on 3khz, and more on blue filter. I have questions for you on A6 thread btw, thanks in advance

Jan 26, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #46,326 of 100,491
Queen of Audio has a new IEM called Mojito selling on AE:
$399 USD

Specs:
Drivers: 2 Sonion BA + 4 Knowles BA
Impedance: 23Ω
Sensitivity: 118 ± 2dB
Frequency range: 20 - 20000Hz
Cable Type: 0.78mm 2Pin connector

Shells look super beautiful, drivers look to be of legit branding. Though personally I don't really like the 8 kHz spike from the graph (if accurate), dunno if it might introduce sibilance.

H2eadc1d505a34c4e967e1e0ac1c3093b9.jpg

Jan 26, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #46,327 of 100,491
Them Mojitos looks good. It looks similarly tuned to their previous hybrid Pink lady. Which was a fail imo. I hope they learned a thing or two from those and made a good one here. Looks appealing due to the drivers they are using I believe RP is $400. Should have much better cohesion.

Treble wasn't really the issue with the pink lady. It had cohesion issues where the bass was clearly separated, there was like a space between the bass and the rest of the sound. The bass had this big punchy tone vs the rest of the sound which had an odd thin narrow mid range on some sources and not with others.

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #46,328 of 100,491
Them Mojitos looks good. It looks similarly tuned to their previous hybrid Pink lady. Which was a fail imo. I hope they learned a thing or two from those and made a good one here. Looks appealing due to the drivers they are using I believe RP is $400. Should have much better cohesion.

Treble wasn't really the issue with the pink lady. It had cohesion issues where the bass was clearly separated, there was like a space between the bass and the rest of the sound. The bass had this big punchy tone vs the rest of the sound which had an odd thin narrow mid range on some sources and not with others.

Yeah they look nice, always glad to see CHIFI using higher quality stuff like Knowles and Sonions rather than Bellsings, though of course tuning is more important than driver type, count or brand.
However, at this price point of $400, we're not talking about budget CHIFI, and this pricing's too much for most of us to take a blind gamble.

Will probably wait for some reviews first. Would be interested to read your review if u are getting a set!

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #46,329 of 100,491
Don't know. They aren't too happy with me since I passed on doing a review of the Pink Lady. Basically if you see me posting about something but don't see a review from me. That just tells you what I feel about a phone. I wasn't the only person that thought something was off on the Pink Lady. I believe there was some random guy that did a review on headfi about them and he gave it a 3 star review. Lol.

Funny thing is I offered to send them back the review sample but they told me to keep it. They now belong to my niece who is not so picky about sound. I don't think QOA will be throwing around review samples of their Mojito since it more spendy in ear but who knows. Maybe they got something to prove.

Jan 26, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #46,330 of 100,491
It's definitely a looker. I don't own any orange IEMs but if the FR graph is at all accurate it looks like they're making good use of the ESTs.

Definitely interested to see reviews of these mojitos to see if they'll be my next set without a DD to try the EST drivers out since they are unique and affordable-ish.

Jan 26, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #46,331 of 100,491
They can't make a Mojito, Rose already makes a Mojito. They should name it after some other drink like Martini or Harvey Wallbanger. :relieved:

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #46,332 of 100,491
Jan 26, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #46,334 of 100,491
DSC06922.JPG TSMR-3 pros.
One thing I learned about Tansio Mirai. These guys are consistent. Consistent with the workmanship. Consistent with sound quality. Just consistent. I haven't heard the other higher end TSMR line of earphones but it seems everything these guys do is good if not just down right excellent.

These things out of the box has a clean dimensional sound. Tansio Mirais have a unique sound stage. The sound is as tall as it is wide. You are surrounded by imaging from your music. Very 3Dness of sonics coming from 3BAs. Clean detailed. A meatier, more dimensional sound vs the TSMR-2. Got the bass switch on with the balanced switch which is what I preferred from the TSMR-2s. I think it was @courierdriver that was curious about an all BA set. These to my ears sound better than my old ATH IM03. And I remember spending $350 on those.

I read the guy responsible for these designs is a hard working younger guy. Guy obviously knows what he is doing with these. I saw a person on the sales thread selling off his TSMR-3 pro for $125. Anyone curious to know how good these sound. For that price these are a slam dunk. Heck for what they are asking for these new these are a slam dunk. These have a very dimensional sound which is hard to do with a single dynamic design. For being an all BA set these sound very natural and is very engaging due to that tall surround like stage which throws out sound in all directions.

I wish I haven't heard these. Now I am even more curious of their higher end offerings. Lol. It just don't end.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #46,335 of 100,491
TSMR-3 pros.
One thing I learned about Tansio Mirai. These guys are consistent. Consistent with the workmanship. Consistent with sound quality. Just consistent. I haven't heard the other higher end TSMR line of earphones but it seems everything these guys do is good if not just down right excellent.

These things out of the box has a clean dimensional sound. Tansio Mirais have a unique sound stage. The sound is as tall as it is wide. You are surrounded by imaging from your music. Very 3Dness of sonics coming from 3BAs. Clean detailed. A meatier, more dimensional sound vs the TSMR-2. Got the bass switch on with the balanced switch which is what I preferred from the TSMR-2s. I think it was @courierdriver that was curious about an all BA set. These to my ears sound better than my old ATH IM03. And I remember spending $350 on those.

I read the guy responsible for these designs is a hard working younger guy. Guy obviously knows what he is doing with these. I saw a person on the sales thread selling off his TSMR-3 pro for $125. Anyone curious to know how good these sound. For that price these are a slam dunk. Heck for what they are asking for these new these are a slam dunk. These have a very dimensional sound which is hard to do with a single dynamic design. For being an all BA set these sound very natural and is very engaging due to that tall surround like stage which throws out sound in all directions.

I wish I haven't heard these. Now I am even more curious of their higher end offerings. Lol. It just don't end.
Yup...that was me looking for a good all BA set. I'd be curious how these stack up to the Dunu DM480, if you ever get a chance to compare them. Yeah, I know...apples and oranges, with regards to the driver configurations. I've also been looking at NF Audio and the Theiaudio Voyager 3 (which is also a 3 BA set). Right now, the DM480 is high on my list because of affordability, the fact that so many are enjoying it's bass abilities and are also saying it's very detailed. At the same time, the Voyager 3 is also getting alot of praise for it's great stage and imaging, and is a 3 BA set. It's kinda at the top of my price range though, at over $200 CDN. I'll check Aliexpress to see what the TSMR 3 pro is selling for, but if it's more than $200 CDN, I'm prolly gonna have to pass on it. My biggest concern is whether an all BA set will still satisfy my need for solid, impactful bass; when compared to a good DD setup. Details and soundstage is great and everything...but if it ain't got a good low end thump...I'm not interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back