The discovery thread!
Jan 27, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #46,351 of 99,688
Can anyone please comment on Tri i3 isolation? Is it comparable to H40?
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on $127 sale deal that ends in 2 days but It's unlikely to compete with Rah, except fit and isolation.
Thanks anyone who can chime in on it!

Jan 27, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #46,352 of 99,688
I remember I got done writing my review of the Diamonds and then I threw on my NA1. It is a complete leap in just about every category. Clarity, imaging detail.Diamonds is Harmonish so if you heard a Moondrop in ear they are similarly tuned. Has some similarities to the Tri I3 but not as technical. Nowhere close to the mid range authority, with much narrower stage. Has more mid bass with even less treble emphasis. But the NA1 is tuned more like the Fostex TH900. Sound identical to my Beyer DT1990 pros actually.

So do they sound like your garden variety dynamic in ear? Not at all. They have similarities to Beyer flagship Xelentos more than sounding anything like your garden variety in ears. Lots of micro details. Nice black space sound separation and a reference level of clarity.

I like the Diamonds for non fatiguing listen. Bass guys will appreciate them. NA1 is dealing with a sound on a different level however. And it does come down to sonic preference. Some love that Harmonish tuning since they are non fatiguing. NA1 might have too much auditory information for the laid back sound enthusiasts.

You're taking about a $170 earphone?
Which pricier models would you compare them to?

Jan 27, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #46,353 of 99,688
716PML8D22L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
What you know another Tesla magnet driver. In fact I believe it was Beyer who did it first.

NA1 uses similar tech for their driver using dual voice coils. Ya these go for $899 here according to amazon current RP. Similar hyper clarity. Very extended treble with a deep reaching low end rumble. To be fair it has been a while since I heard these but the NA1s exhibit very similar sound Characteristics.

This is from the sales page describing the tech behind the NA1
Balanced voice coil
The split vibration of the dynamic driver causes distortion, and the unilateral lead of the conventional dynamic driver is an important cause of the imbalance of the diaphragm weight. The MCL2-10 dynamic driver uses bilateral voice coil leads, and the diaphragm quality is more balanced, which effectively reduces distortion and makes the sound more pure.

Tesla double magnetic circuit
Magnetic force is the source of power of the dynamic. The MCL2-10 driver adopts dual magnetic circuit design. Two high-performance rare earth NdFeB magnets provide magnetic flux of more than 1 Tesla, which provides greater driving force, higher sensitivity, better dynamics and transient performance.

Double cavity design
The traditional dynamic driver has only one rear cavity. The MCL2-10 adds an additional rear cavity to the base, which can control the air pressure more precisely, make the diaphragm movement smoother, the sound field is more ambitious, and the sound details are more abundant.

Well-designed 3D driver protective cover
The sound from the diaphragm will be transmitted to the cover for the first time, and the design of the hole of the cover is extremely important. The MCL2-10 adopts a specially designed 3D cover that effectively reduces reflection interference, making the sound more full and the low frequency more abundant.

5-axis CNC aviation aluminum panel + pure copper damping balance system, let each song want a single cycle
The dynamic earphones tuned, the cavity reflection and the air pressure balance of the front and rear cavity are the most important. The back cover is carefully carved by the aviation aluminum through the 5-axis CNC to effectively improve the high-frequency response. At the same time, in order to pursue a more precise air pressure balance effect, NA1 uses two air flow control components made of pure copper to better adjust the air pressure balance of the front and rear cavity, so that the low frequency is full of elasticity, and the medium frequency and high frequency are rich in texture. Let you feel the lines between the vocals and the instruments, so that each song is remote, wide, natural.

Got a lot going on for the NA1. I bet xelentos have better tonality and is more technical but the NA1s will not be too far behind in these aspects.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #46,354 of 99,688
Jan 27, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #46,355 of 99,688
Can anyone please comment on Tri i3 isolation? Is it comparable to H40?
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on $127 sale deal that ends in 2 days but It's unlikely to compete with Rah, except fit and isolation.
Thanks anyone who can chime in on it!

They isolate better due to the thick metal housing they are using. H40 has a bass vent so it does leak in a bit of sound. I believe I3 does as well but it is a bit above average in isolation.

Oh yea worth the $127 for certain.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #46,356 of 99,688
If you can stretch your budget a little bit mate, Australia always have better bargain of sony products i don't know why. Ier M7 and M9 and Z1R are just cheaper there.

Ha ha... oh wow... yeah I don’t think I could stretch my budget that far....

I gotta say the more I listen to the Shozy 1.1 the sound is growing on me more, especially hip hop, trap and hair metal. Not as amazing with classic rock. Hmm... hey Dsnuts... for classic and modern rock H40 or i3?? Been loving your reviews BTW.

Jan 28, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #46,357 of 99,688
Ha ha... oh wow... yeah I don’t think I could stretch my budget that far....

I gotta say the more I listen to the Shozy 1.1 the sound is growing on me more, especially hip hop, trap and hair metal. Not as amazing with classic rock. Hmm... hey Dsnuts... for classic and modern rock H40 or i3?? Been loving your reviews BTW.

Good question. I like the H40 more for rock due to the punchier bass. The H40 is a better all rounder. I like the Tri I3 for EDM and trance, orchestral music. Especially vocal trance. Does well with all genres actually but the H40 has a bit extra in the punchier bass segment that is important for them drums, bass guitars a bit of extra sizzle for them high hats and electric guitars. Mids do vocals justice. I think you would dig the H40 more for rock genres.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #46,358 of 99,688
Good question. I like the H40 more for rock due to the punchier bass. The H40 is a better all rounder. I like the Tri I3 for EDM and trance, orchestral music. Especially vocal trance. Does well with all genres actually but the H40 has a bit extra in the punchier bass segment that is important for them drums, bass guitars a bit of extra sizzle for them high hats and electric guitars. Mids do vocals justice. I think you would dig the H40 more for rock genres.
Exactly the reason why I opted for Tri instead....totally suits my listening preferences...bigtime! :smile_phones:

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #46,359 of 99,688
So bit of news regarding the Corona Virus outbreak in China. This is much more serious than it seems so most provinces that were affected are actually on shut down. How does this affect us?

People will be on extended Holiday. Could affect when you thought you were gonna get your newest in ear or accessory out of China. It is some scary stuff. When viruses mutate from animals to humans. Nothing good comes about from that. We have not seen the last of it either. I read they are frantically trying to get a vaccine working for it before a bigger outbreak or even worse a 2nd wave of mutation that can kill in a pandemic level.

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #46,360 of 99,688
So bit of news regarding the Corona Virus outbreak in China. This is much more serious than it seems so most provinces that were affected are actually on shut down. How does this affect us?

People will be on extended Holiday. Could affect when you thought you were gonna get your newest in ear or accessory out of China. It is some scary stuff. When viruses mutate from animals to humans. Nothing good comes about from that. We have not seen the last of it either. I read they are frantically trying to get a vaccine working for it before a bigger outbreak or even worse a 2nd wave of mutation that can kill in a pandemic level.

and if the person that packed your IEM in china is infected, then the virus in the air in the package go to your house, is it safe to open them like normally we did? how long does the virus can live in the air / things?

Jan 29, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #46,362 of 99,688
Jan 29, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #46,363 of 99,688
Jan 29, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #46,365 of 99,688

Users who are viewing this thread

Back