The discovery thread!
Jan 22, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #46,247 of 100,956
wonder should I pick up a pair of tri i3 for $126?

Yeah, I'm wit @Dsnuts here. The Tri I3 is a really nice offering. Fwiw I bought my pair for the same price and I find it to be extremely good value.

Jan 22, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #46,248 of 100,956
So I created an NF audio impressions thread. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nf-audio-impression-thread.923589/

NA1s been in my ears and I have to say these are thread worthy. I will be writing a review on these but for now subscribe to the NF audio thread as I will post some impressions of the new NA2 on there as well. Should have my NA2 next week.

On amazon.com I can find the NF Audio NA1 for $169 and $700 (direct from Japan) both 9hz - 40K :)

Jan 22, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #46,249 of 100,956
Well damn folks. We have a new contender in the price range. So I can tell the NA1s have the higher resolution. But I want to say these aren't too far off. In fact.

These sound like a retuned NA1 but $70 cheaper? Lol. What is blowing my mind is this completely goes against what we all know. I mean when you retune an earphone how do you charge less???

NA1s sound more like a reference tuned monitor. These actually sound better balanced vs the NA1. Supremely balanced. Has the fuller more forward mids vs the NA1 more neutral profiled mid range. That detail is there. imaging and timbre just pops off.

Due to the forward mid range vs the NA1 these don't sound as wide as the NA1s but still has good stage. Trade off is you get some crazy immersive vocals. Tonality is very naturally neutral vs the cooler tonality on the NA1. Treble regions have been lowered a touch. Seems to have a bit more mid bass vs sub bass of the NA1s. So NA1 is more of a reference U shaped Fr. These sound more balanced with less treble and bit less sub bass emphasis but in return the mids get more forward.. Comes with tips that enhance bass and a different set that balances out the sound.

Outstanding IEMS. Will leave this post on the NF audio thread. But you guys are reading about this one here first. I am gonna predict this one is going to become very popular.

These are the ying to the NA1s yang. More mid bassy more mid forward slightly less treble vs them. Supremely musical vs the pin point precision of the NA1s. The FUN version of the NF series. Oh yea and it is using the exact same precision driver in the same configuration of the NA1s. There will be a lot of folks that prefer this tuning vs the NA1s. Very musical sounding. These guys can tune with the best of em. Highly impressed!

Nope I was wrong. Sub bass has just as much extension as the NA1. No drop off in the subs at all.

This sounds like sth I was looking for. I can't seem to find mid-focused IEMs in that price range. I have the Shuoer Tape and I love them for everything else, but they're really shouty and the mids are definitely the weakest point
Have you heard the Tapes? How do the NA2 compare?

Jan 22, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #46,250 of 100,956
Never ended up getting the Tapes. Might boot for the revised version but the NA2 I took a brief listen this morning is most definitely for mid fans. Treble has a gentle roll off and is the reason for the neutral tonality. Meaning it isn't a warm tilt or a cool one but right in the middle.

I am getting a better handle of their sonic qualities, last nights impression still applies. So what they did with the NA2 is reigned in the treble and increased the mid bands. Treble focus is more lower treble than upper treble. Still retains good presence but emphasis is lowered vs the NA1.

I will give it a weeks worth of run in before making final conclusions but for how it is a very good iem for vocal centric music and has excellent layering of sound. Bold bass and rumbles with the best of em. Treble is where they detuned it from the NA1.

I think the NA1s has the higher end sound but NA2 might be the preference for guys that want their mids with very good layering.

Jan 22, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #46,251 of 100,956
Jan 22, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #46,252 of 100,956
In purple :ksc75smile:

NFAUDIONA2P-700x700.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #46,258 of 100,956
Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #46,259 of 100,956
So it seems someone at Shenzhen Audio is a reader of this thread. Lol. Well call me surprised. These guys are so awesome. They sent it to me DHL express. probably the day I wrote my complaint. If your reading this whomever you are. YOU ARE AWESOME!!

DSC06898.JPG So how do I know they read this thread? I posted the pic of my diamond box I got with a big dent in it. Well They wrapped this box with so much bubble wrap it was 3X the size of the box here and then they taped the whole thing so it was air tight. I had to get at it with a big knife in order to get to this. Cant wait to check it out.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #46,260 of 100,956
DSC06901.JPG DSC06902.JPG

These are very killer looking. Clear shells show the BAs and the large dynamic they are using.
Sound quality out of the box is extraordinary. A smooth effortless balanced quality to the sonics. Funny enough these are tuned a lot like the NA2 I was raving about last night but at a different level obviously. I keep on putting off my review of the NA1 due to all the surprises I have had the last couple of days but none more surprising than this one.

As much as budget fi stuff has come along. Mid fi has stepped up as well.These things are proof to me that if you want a taste of the higher end sound out in the market. No need to spend a boat load of cash.

I am gonna get to know this sound real good. Might do a write up for em we will see. Got to throw these back in the box where they came from. Not ready for em yet. But for now. I don't feel I got a bad deal on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back